Windows 10: Win 10 NIC General Tab not working

Discus and support Win 10 NIC General Tab not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new Win 10 Pro computer which I use both on my company network and also out in the field. My company network has a DHCP server, however when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dschlic2, Feb 26, 2019.

1. dschlic2 Win User

Win 10 NIC General Tab not working

I have a new Win 10 Pro computer which I use both on my company network and also out in the field. My company network has a DHCP server, however when I am out in the field I need to use a static IP address.

On my previous Win 7 Pro computer, I would setup the general tab to use DHCP and the alternative tab to use a static tab. This worked just fine. However on my Win 10 machine, it looks like the General tab is not used at all, and the Ethernet adapter always uses the alternative tab. When I set the general tab for DHCP and the alternative tab to a static IP address, even on the Company network, the adapter is using the static IP.

Can someone help out with this issue?

:)

dschlic2, Feb 26, 2019

2. Broadcom NIC Card Suddenly Stops Working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

It’s really unfortunate that you are facing this issue. But don't worry we will try to help you out.

A Code 10 error is generated in Device Manager in one of the following situations:

• Device Manager can't start the device.
    • One of the drivers that the device needs does not start.
    • Device Manager has insufficient information to recognize the error that is bubbled up by the device driver.
    Update the drivers for this device
    To do this, follow these steps:

• In Device Manager, click the Driver tab in the device's
      Properties
      dialog box.
    • Click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard.
    • Follow the instructions to update the driver.

If the issue persist I would suggest you to visit manufacturer's website and install the latest driver sin compatibility mode and check if issue persist.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

• Select “Compatibility” Tab.

• Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
      select operating system from the drop down list.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Sara Mohammedi, Feb 26, 2019
  3. glory of generals game dont work on windows 10

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What happens when you launch Glory of Generals game?
    • Do you get any error message/code?
    • What do you mean by “it just to big to appear on the screan”?
    • Is this issue specific only with Glory of Generals game?
    I suggest you to install the Glory of Generals game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right-click on the setup file of the game and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the game run and then check the functionality.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 26, 2019
  4. KD8TZC Win User

Win 10 1000 Mbps NIC??

I wanted to upgrade my network card this weekend to handle 1000Mbps speeds, and I went to Microcenter to pick up a new NIC, but none of them say if they will work with Win 10 x64 or not. I picked up an Intel Pro/1000 GT NIC thinking that Intel is always in the game, but when I plugged it in and run the auto update utility, it can't find anything online. I checked Intel site and they say it is compatible with Win 10, but when you go to download a driver for it, none are found that support Win 10 (or Win 8).

Anyhow, has anyone found any NIC's that will work at 1000Mbps with W10?

Thanks,

John

KD8TZC, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 NIC General Tab not working - Similar Threads - NIC General Tab

2. Power Management Tab for Nic card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Management Tab for Nic card: I am trying to set up some new laptops for Wake on Lan that we just received for our school, and one of the settings is to configure Dell Precision Nic Card to wake the device up, which you should be able to do through the device manager, but the power management tab is...
  3. Power Management Tab for Nic card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Management Tab for Nic card: I am trying to set up some new laptops for Wake on Lan that we just received for our school, and one of the settings is to configure Dell Precision Nic Card to wake the device up, which you should be able to do through the device manager, but the power management tab is...
  4. Power Management Tab for Nic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Win+tab shortcut doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win+tab shortcut doesn't work: Hi everyone, On my windows 10 "win+tab" shortcut doesn't work nor activity visualization button on the windows bar. However, if I create new desktop with ctrl+win+D combination it works. What is the problem? How I can fix it? Thanks, Francesco [Moved from It-It to...
  6. device manager ONLY general tab problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    device manager ONLY general tab problem: [ATTACH] Hi everyone, I hope you can help me.... ( windows 10 hove ver. 1903 build18362.418) I hope this is the right reddit.. So this morning I was trying to pair Bluetooth headphones with my computer but with no results, so out of curiosity I went to device manager and I...
  7. Win 10 "Recovery Drive" General Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 "Recovery Drive" General Questions: "A*recovery drive*can help you troubleshoot and fix problems with your PC, even if it won’t start. A recovery drive is a USB version of a*system repair disc*with an option to include the system files to be able to also reset Windows 10 from the recovery drive." Two...
  8. Tried to update NIC driver to Win 10 driver now all NICs are missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tried to update NIC driver to Win 10 driver now all NICs are missing: I have an ASUS P9X79pro with Win 10 ultimate? that was upgraded from Win 8. I have a multi boot system with old versions like Win 7, Win 8, etc. I have been noticing that my Giga network will sometime reset from 1000 to 100 so decided to upgrade the drive to the Win 10,...
  9. Win 10 1000 Mbps NIC??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 1000 Mbps NIC??: I wanted to upgrade my network card this weekend to handle 1000Mbps speeds, and I went to Microcenter to pick up a new NIC, but none of them say if they will work with Win 10 x64 or not. I picked up an Intel Pro/1000 GT NIC thinking that Intel is always in the game, but when...
  10. Generally hate win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Generally hate win 10: Ok guys so I decided to post here today on my general dislike of win 10 First upgrade I found I didn't have nearly enough backed up and when done, poof all the rest was gone. Win.old folder was empty. Strike 1 Then I keep getting this error when I start my laptop and done...