Windows 10: Win 10 no boot, bit locker is enabled

Discus and support Win 10 no boot, bit locker is enabled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Dell laptop that will not boot into windows 10 BSOD 0x0000000f but pc has bit locker enabled. How can I troubleshoot or perform repairs to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ManUFan21, Jul 6, 2020.

1. ManUFan21 Win User

Win 10 no boot, bit locker is enabled

I have a Dell laptop that will not boot into windows 10 BSOD 0x0000000f but pc has bit locker enabled. How can I troubleshoot or perform repairs to windows with bit locker enabled and no ability to boot into windows?

:)

ManUFan21, Jul 6, 2020
  2. smstrupi Win User

Windows 10 - Blue Screen during boot (possibly caused by Bit Locker)

Looks like I may have solved the problem. I turned of Bit Locker and now the computer can boot successfully. Not sure why that was a problem. Bit Locker has been enabled for over a year.

smstrupi, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Bit Locker

Dear Team,

Windows 10 OS Crashed.But when we try to recover its showing drive is locked.We are not enabled any bit locker option .

As per my observation previously after installing the OS all drives showing Lock Symbol.kindly suggest if any Default Password to unlock the drive.

Windows 10 is OEM with Dell

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

yogamahendranadh, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Recover Bit Locker key to login through BIOS

Hi
    AbhishekEllangi

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

I would suggest you to follow these methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Find the Bit locker key.

I would suggest you to search for the Bit locker key, please refer the Microsoft article on
    Find my BitLocker recovery key.Once
    you have found the key, try to login and check.

Method 2: Enable Secure Boot.

It might be that the Secure Boot has been disabled and some BIOS updates have caused this to happen, so follow the below steps and toggle the UEFI Secure Boot in BIOS.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft
    cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

1. Power the device off and then back on.
      2. Look for a message on the boot screen just before or after the manufacturer logo appears. You may need to press the “F1”,”F2”, or ”Delete” button, whatever key is indicated on the boot screen to enter BIOS
        Settings.
      3. Inside BIOS, look for a tab called BOOT and select that page.
        1. Depending on the BIOS manufacturer this page could be BOOT, ADVANCED, STARTUP, etc.
      4. Look for a setting for UEFI Secure Boot.
        1. Each BIOS could have a different name for this. These are the keywords to look for: UEFI, Secure Boot, Legacy Boot
      5. Toggle the Secure Boot setting to enable and attempt to boot the machine.

Regards,

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 no boot, bit locker is enabled - Similar Threads - boot bit locker

2. Bit-locker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit-locker: I have my account and device listed but when I go to the bit locker it says no key is there and I ha e no other way to access it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker/1c767e1d-c2c4-4968-a5e4-abbe3f47129a
  3. Bit-locker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bit-locker: I have my account and device listed but when I go to the bit locker it says no key is there and I ha e no other way to access it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker/1c767e1d-c2c4-4968-a5e4-abbe3f47129a
  4. Bit Locker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bit Locker: My computer will not open without me putting in my bit locker number. How can I fix this? I have the number but when it goes to sleep or shuts off, it takes me to the bit locker screen to enter then number everytime. Any help is greatly appreciated....
  5. Bit Locker

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bit Locker: My computer will not open without me putting in my bit locker number. How can I fix this? I have the number but when it goes to sleep or shuts off, it takes me to the bit locker screen to enter then number everytime. Any help is greatly appreciated....
  6. Bit locker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bit locker: Hi, whilst deploying bitlocker on to my hard drive an error occurred, which has locked the drive. I have a key but it doesn't work. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker/02fc44b9-55b0-402a-b560-6140ec581a46
  7. Enable bit locker on system drive.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable bit locker on system drive.: Hello Microsoft team I have a question to you about enable bit locker function on system drive because I can't enable it, but I don't know that must be who is contact for explain for me because I have already contacted to Microsoft support team but they're have...
  8. Bit Locker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bit Locker: I can't Access My drive. How can I fix the problem?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker/4431a0c4-2db6-4ee9-83fc-fa4c16578153
  9. bit locker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bit locker: How do I turn on bitlocker for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker/461aea9a-5011-4f29-9005-254c5d3ea402"
  10. Bit Locker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bit Locker: I use Bit Locker encryption on all of my Thumb drives that contain personal data. Has anyone else of late, noticed the slow down of Bit Locker USB full encryption process. 7-8hrs to encrypt a Sandisk 128 GB Thumb drive is ridiculous.*Sad 114692