Windows 10: win 10 no longer opens new app/window on top of existing

Discus and support win 10 no longer opens new app/window on top of existing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently upgrade to new PC with Win 10 I now find the OS no longer open a new window on top of any others that are open They open but are in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dinopete1, Feb 29, 2020.

1. dinopete1 Win User

win 10 no longer opens new app/window on top of existing

Recently upgrade to new PC with Win 10 I now find the OS no longer open a new window on top of any others that are open

They open but are in the background and I then need to close or minimise or move the window that has the focus

This has only begun to be an issue after several weeks of use of new WIN10 It was not an issue or problem for me when I added s/ware I want

Any ideas on how I can resolve this to have OS open an app or window on top of any or all of the existing open windows

TIA

:)

dinopete1, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 29, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    why is there a windows 10 app for netflix?

Yes, it's no longer the windows phone OS. It's just Windows 10. And yes, the app is perfect for the phone.

rtwjunkie, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. win 10 no longer opens new app/window on top of existing :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

1. win 10 no longer opens new app/window on top of existing - Similar Threads - longer opens app

2. New windows and apps open on top of the active window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New windows and apps open on top of the active window: It commonly happens that I need to open and excel sheet. This takes up to ten seconds to open, it would be helpful if I could spend these seconds navigating to other windows in windows explorer or typing in a word document. Instead I will get three seconds to do this until...
  3. New windows and apps open on top of the active window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New windows and apps open on top of the active window: It commonly happens that I need to open and excel sheet. This takes up to ten seconds to open, it would be helpful if I could spend these seconds navigating to other windows in windows explorer or typing in a word document. Instead I will get three seconds to do this until...
  4. New windows and apps open on top of the active window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10, New window opens behind current window instead of on top

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10, New window opens behind current window instead of on top: When I use explorer to open a new window, the new window opens behind the explorer window instead of on top. I find this frustrating and have tried many "solutions" found online for remedying this but nothing has helped. Does anyone know how to fix this? Windows 10 145493
  6. Can't delete "emails and apps" account that no longer exists

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't delete "emails and apps" account that no longer exists: I have an email account through a university I no longer attend that is included in my list of accounts. I receive constant notifications saying that I need to "update the password" for this account, but I can't because the account no longer exists. I also can't delete the...
  7. 3 specific Apps no longer open in Windows 10.

3 specific Apps no longer open in Windows 10.: Weather, News and Sports. Those 3 apps crashes immediately after opening. It happened with build 14959 and now with 14965. I've tried Reinstall them, reinstall with PowerShell... do not solved. Any help? 69419
  8. Win 10 apps not opening

Win 10 apps not opening: When trying to open the xbox app or the store app it just blinks on the screen then nothing. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Win 10 14372 54607
  9. STORE app will no open in Win 10

STORE app will no open in Win 10: Hey there!!! I'm having an error stranger problem. I've been trying to download various apps such as Netflix, Pandora and Instagram and they all lead me to the same window, with the same exact error message: "something bad happened... unknown layout. Thanks. 95845
  10. How do I make new windows open on top of existing windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make new windows open on top of existing windows?: I very often have new windows open behind existing windows. I don't want "always on top" or any of that type of nonsense. I just want new windows to open in front of existing windows. I tried changing ForegroundFlashCount and ForegroundLockTimeout, but to no avail. I...