Windows 10: Win 10 no USB KB or Mouse

Discus and support Win 10 no USB KB or Mouse in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows turns off KB and mouse. Any direct fix for this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesHenderson5, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Win 10 no USB KB or Mouse

Windows turns off KB and mouse. Any direct fix for this?

:)

JamesHenderson5, Oct 2, 2018
  2. MN12BIRD Win User

Bluetooth KB/Mouse?

I have a customer looking for a wireless keyboard and mouse but he needs it to go 16 feet without any issues. I think the BT ones can do that no problem but they all seem to cost $200! Does anyone know if there is a decent kit in the $100 range? If not are there non-BT models like the 2.4GHZ ones that can do that range?? I saw some of the Logitech Wave kits with 2.4GHZ but in the reviews cust said they started having problems over 10 feet.

Any suggestions would be great he doesn't want to spend $200+ on a KB/Mouse but he needs the range!

Thanks,

Jake

MN12BIRD, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Win 10 no USB KB or Mouse

Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 no USB KB or Mouse

1. Win 10 no USB KB or Mouse - Similar Threads - USB Mouse

2. USB Wireless Mouse Pointer Lags, Stalls, Resists Moving to Some Objects - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Wireless Mouse Pointer Lags, Stalls, Resists Moving to Some Objects - Windows 11: My Logitech USB wireless M510 Mouse is part of a combo with a K545 keyboard. It is a few years old now, but has functioned reliably until around last winter. The keyboard continues to work as expected.Beginning last winter, the mouse pointer began stalling and lagging when...
  3. USB Wireless Mouse Pointer Lags, Stalls, Resists Moving to Some Objects - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Wireless Mouse Pointer Lags, Stalls, Resists Moving to Some Objects - Windows 11: My Logitech USB wireless M510 Mouse is part of a combo with a K545 keyboard. It is a few years old now, but has functioned reliably until around last winter. The keyboard continues to work as expected.Beginning last winter, the mouse pointer began stalling and lagging when...
  4. Old usb arc mouse not working on either of 2 windows 11 machines - dongle is visible to the OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old usb arc mouse not working on either of 2 windows 11 machines - dongle is visible to the OS: Hi,We have an old arc mouse Surface Pro era, which had not been used since we updated to Windows 11.Here is system info:Mouse blue light is on with fresh batteries, but no cursor movement is visible on screen.Any thoughts or suggestions?...
  5. Old usb arc mouse not working on either of 2 windows 11 machines - dongle is visible to the OS

Old usb arc mouse not working on either of 2 windows 11 machines - dongle is visible to the OS: Hi,We have an old arc mouse Surface Pro era, which had not been used since we updated to Windows 11.Here is system info:Mouse blue light is on with fresh batteries, but no cursor movement is visible on screen.Any thoughts or suggestions?...
  6. Microsoft Wireless USB Keyboard/Mouse Dongle Still Prevents Computer from Sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless USB Keyboard/Mouse Dongle Still Prevents Computer from Sleeping: In reference to this thread Microsoft wireless 4000 mouse prevents auto sleep in Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Community, I can confirm that it still happens with all latest updates with the Sculpt Ergonomic Comfort.I spent a lot of time to figure out because there was no problem...
  7. Microsoft Wireless USB Keyboard/Mouse Dongle Still Prevents Computer from Sleeping

Microsoft Wireless USB Keyboard/Mouse Dongle Still Prevents Computer from Sleeping: In reference to this thread Microsoft wireless 4000 mouse prevents auto sleep in Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Community, I can confirm that it still happens with all latest updates with the Sculpt Ergonomic Comfort.I spent a lot of time to figure out because there was no problem...
  8. Broken USB dongle for Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken USB dongle for Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse: My Microsoft usb has broken and its pairs both my wireless keyboard and mouse. Is it possible to get a new usb? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-usb-dongle-for-microsoft-wireless-keyboard/dc064c6b-e909-40b0-8d44-d0df0a65586f
  9. Broken USB dongle for Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse

Broken USB dongle for Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse: My Microsoft usb has broken and its pairs both my wireless keyboard and mouse. Is it possible to get a new usb? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-usb-dongle-for-microsoft-wireless-keyboard/dc064c6b-e909-40b0-8d44-d0df0a65586f
  10. USb mouse/keyboard not working after coming back from sleep mode in WIndows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USb mouse/keyboard not working after coming back from sleep mode in WIndows11: Like the self-explanatory title, my usb keyboard or mouse doesnt work after waking up from sleep mode. I have to restart to make them working again. Everything is fine as long as I do not go to sleep mode. I have changed the setting in device manager to not suspend power in...