Windows 10: Win 10 not activated after upgrading from activated Win 8.1

Discus and support Win 10 not activated after upgrading from activated Win 8.1 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi. I've taken my laptop to a local PC shop to get it upgraded from Win 8.1 as it was extremely buggy. They upgraded to Win 10 Pro, but over time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jayden Perkin, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Win 10 not activated after upgrading from activated Win 8.1

Hi.

I've taken my laptop to a local PC shop to get it upgraded from Win 8.1 as it was extremely buggy. They upgraded to Win 10 Pro, but over time I started getting pop up messages asking to activate windows.

Windows 8.1 was activated, as it came directly from the manufacturer, but around 2 months after I got it back from the Tech company after they upgraded for me, it asked for upgrades.

Any tips on how I can get it activated?

:)

Jayden Perkin, Nov 5, 2020

2. Unable to Activate Win 8

I guess that's two of us with magic Windows 8 upgrade disks. *Laugh :laugh:

TheMailMan78, Nov 5, 2020
  3. kenkickr Win User
    Unable to Activate Win 8

I'm with MailMan on this one. Both of my systems at home were fresh installs of Win 8 Pro Upgrade without any activation issues. Also did a clean install of Win 8 Pro Upgrade here at work without issues.

kenkickr, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Win 10 not activated after upgrading from activated Win 8.1

Unable to Activate Win 8

I got Win 8 isntalled on my file server, but I am unable to activate it with the key. Says the key is invalid. Since I work at microsoft I got a retail version from the employee store. I have been doing some reading, and to be able to activate Win8 with the key there needs to be a previous version of Windows installed for it to work. WTF, so you can't do clean installs?

And the box says nothing about Upgrade version. Straight Windows 8 Pro.

MxPhenom 216, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 not activated after upgrading from activated Win 8.1

1. Win 10 not activated after upgrading from activated Win 8.1 - Similar Threads - activated upgrading activated

2. after installing win 11 from win 10 activated , win 11 is now not activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after installing win 11 from win 10 activated , win 11 is now not activated: my win 10 is activated,,,,,, when I used win 11 installer and installed win 11 it is now not activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-win-11-from-win-10-activated-win/9aae2db1-4e7a-4a9e-9abc-b986027f3e7d
  3. Upgraded Win 10 activation after formatting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded Win 10 activation after formatting: Good morning,I'm posting here after discussing with Dell. I have a Dell Precision 5510 that came with Windows 7 Pro, no hardware change. It is an old company laptop that I'm recycling for personal use since I got a new one and already migrated the company stuff there. The old...
  4. Win 10 not activating after motherboard upgrade

Win 10 not activating after motherboard upgrade: Previously I used win 10 with digital licences with Microsoft account added , now I upgrade motherboard and using same Microsoft account with is linked to window digital license, but trouble shooting not activating win 10...
  5. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  6. Activating Windows 10 upgraded from Win 8 on a new laptop

Activating Windows 10 upgraded from Win 8 on a new laptop: Hi, I can't activate a retail copy of Win 10 Home Single Language on a new laptop. My old device's CMD lists the Win 10 copy as 'Retail channel', bought in a reputable store where I purchased my old laptop, and it was upgraded from Win 8 for free in 2016. I have...
  7. win activation or upgrade

win activation or upgrade: i installed different hdd,original one broke,it had win 7 home prem.originally and on the new hdd i installed win 10 pro but cant or wont activate do i need to install win 7 and upgrade from there...
  8. Win 10 activation after an Upgrade

Win 10 activation after an Upgrade: Hi, I upgraded to WIn 10 from my Win 7 Pro 64 All went great and I have used it for a while, then found I needed more power than my old Q6600 Quad Core. I upgraded to an i7 9700 on a Gigabyte 390 Aorus Pro board . I have previously linked my Win 10 installation to my...
  9. Activation problem after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

Activation problem after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: When I check activation it shows "Unable to reach Windows activation servers". I have wireless connection thru router, in fact I logged into this forum and entered this post on laptop with the problem (#1 system info in profile). Any ideas? 141839
  10. cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10

cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10: 1. I have bought a genuine key of wins 10 pro 2. I had downloaded windows upgrade assistant and it started its work and after downlaoding 100% it says windows needs your attention on this ……. the following app is not compatible with windows uninstall it manually but...