Windows 10: Win 10 not asking for password

Discus and support Win 10 not asking for password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How do I insert a password that must be entered before Win 10 can start. The machine currently open Windows without requesting a password. 151824 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Arismac, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Arismac Win User

Win 10 not asking for password

How do I insert a password that must be entered before Win 10 can start. The machine currently open Windows without requesting a password.

:)

Arismac, Mar 7, 2020

2. Win 10 Password

Personal Desktop Computer, Win 10 Home. Live alone, computer in secure room, never had a password to boot up. After latest Win 10 update, keeps asking for password. Have tried 3 different suggestion shown on Web, none work, still asks for password Fortunately
    I remembered my Microsoft Acct. password and got logged on using it. Do not want to have to use a password, any Win 10 experts that can show me how to go back to not having to use one? None of the 3 I tried worked.

Thank You

PhilipNielsen, Mar 7, 2020
  3. nikolod Win User
    WIN 10 Admin password not working.

This really helped and the Hibernate problem was put to rest, however the pswd is not reset. I am following the default option in NT and at some point it is just cycling around, until i choose to quite. I can see the admin has been selected and some attempts are made to clear the register. I says the pswd appears to be blank and suggest to log in with blank pswd. Also when quitting, it asked to write the changes to the disk - y. But when tested later, there still is a password.
    The program looks pretty neat though.

Some steps from me: on the pc is a guest acc, so no password. This is still something, then i achieve to get to the Recovery and restart. Now I have tried various options like run Safe mode with Command prompt and type the bcdedit command, which is access denied. Option 2 to run just the command prompt also failed, because ask for admin password.

Guys, is there any way to get rid of the Safe mode from the recovery/ troubleshoot/ advanced options without the admin password?????

I found this whole story to be really, really big safety issue for this windows. If the only option is to log in to safe mode with the password(no pin) why the hell, they do not ask for it when switching it on?! Poor programming from everywhere! Also some restriction are easy to go around - after couple of days playing around on this issue.

nikolod, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

Win 10 password

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Save the password in Credential Manager and check. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Credential Manager" and select "Windows Credentials".
    • Go down to "Generic Credentials" and select "MicrosoftAccount:user=<user_name>" (where <user_name> should be your user name).
    • Click "Edit" and Change the password and press "Save".
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Jessen P, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 not asking for password - Similar Threads - asking password

2. Ask yo change password even though ive never had one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ask yo change password even though ive never had one: Hi, I woke up this morning to see that when I try to boot my PC. It states, "The users password must be changed before signing in." Although, I've never used a password to log in. All I'd do is press my space bar and it'd load me into my system. I've had this pc for around 4...
  3. Ask yo change password even though ive never had one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ask yo change password even though ive never had one: Hi, I woke up this morning to see that when I try to boot my PC. It states, "The users password must be changed before signing in." Although, I've never used a password to log in. All I'd do is press my space bar and it'd load me into my system. I've had this pc for around 4...
  4. Windows 10 asking for a password. Have never had one and no idea how to get one. Anyone help?

Windows 10 asking for a password. Have never had one and no idea how to get one. Anyone help?: Windows 10 asking for a password. Have never had one and no idea how to get one. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-asking-for-a-password-have-never-had/964b220c-b188-42bf-be1f-38dd4acea2a8
  5. Windows 10 asking for a password. Have never had one and no idea how to get one. Anyone help?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 asking for a password. Have never had one and no idea how to get one. Anyone help?: Windows 10 asking for a password. Have never had one and no idea how to get one. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-asking-for-a-password-have-never-had/964b220c-b188-42bf-be1f-38dd4acea2a8
  6. Windows 10 asking for a password. Have never had one and no idea how to get one. Anyone help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...: The problem is on my computer it says "Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password." and states the email the pin will be sent to is "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" which is definitely not my email or what the account is linked...
  8. Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...

Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...: The problem is on my computer it says "Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password." and states the email the pin will be sent to is "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" which is definitely not my email or what the account is linked...
  9. my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...: My product is a dell laptop service code is CYF9693 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-asking-for-a-an-email-address-and/f9d56cfc-85c4-463f-8fe9-bff459ba9a1d
  10. my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...

my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...: My product is a dell laptop service code is CYF9693 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-asking-for-a-an-email-address-and/f9d56cfc-85c4-463f-8fe9-bff459ba9a1d