Windows 10: WIN 10 Not locking when going to sleep

Discus and support WIN 10 Not locking when going to sleep in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Specs: Win 10 Pro 64 bit desktop Version 1803 Build 17134.407 Installed 11/10/2018 Since the update to 1803 if the computer goes to sleep upon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sean73, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Sean73 Win User

WIN 10 Not locking when going to sleep

Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64 bit desktop

Version 1803

Build 17134.407

Installed 11/10/2018

Since the update to 1803 if the computer goes to sleep upon wake up it does not require pin/password to login to the last account that was active. There used to be a setting for requiring credentials upon wake up but I cannot find it anywhere now.

I have been running with default power setting for High Performance: Screen 15 minutes; Sleep Never. However, I have changed that setting to Screen 5 minutes and Sleep 10 Minutes and the option has not shown up nor has it changed the behavior of the OS.

Any help would be appreciated. I apologize if this question has been asked and answered but I have not found it in my searches most discussion point to spotlight.

:)

Sean73, Nov 24, 2018

2. Win 10 not intermittently going to sleep

Why does Win 10 NOT go to sleep after no use

Power Setting currently : Go to sleep after 30 minutes of no use, Require password on wakeup

If I click sleep mode, it works. However, computer does not go to sleep if left unused for hours and does not activate lock screen or require password

DaddyOBlue, Nov 24, 2018
  3. antzshrek Win User
    Windows 10 laptop doesn't go to sleep when wifi is on

Run these steps below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

Method 4: Lastly I suggest you check your chipset and video drivers, try checking for the updates from the manufacturer's website and update all the necessary drivers, i.e the chipset and video drivers

Let me know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

source: Windows 10 computer

antzshrek, Nov 24, 2018
  4. SandyW360 Win User

Windows 10 Sleep/Lock Problem

This advice did not work for me.

Some one wrote this.... just upgraded to Windows 10 and my monitor will not come back from Sleep or Lock Mode without turning off the computer and rebooting.

I am and I am having the same problem with not coming back from sleep mode. If I press the on off button the monitor will come back on
    but everything is locked up and then I have to turn it off on the tower. And then turn it back on. What I have found to work is turning the power options to never turn off or sleep and then just turn off the
    monitor during the day and then just shut it off at night.

SandyW360, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

1. WIN 10 Not locking when going to sleep - Similar Threads - locking going sleep

2. Win 10 won't go to sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 won't go to sleep automatically: Recently my Win 10 desktop PC refuses to go to sleep unless I manually put it to sleep. One issue I'm having is that the settings for power management are clearly intended for a laptop "When plugged in, monitor turns off after XX minutes". But aside from that. I have noticed...
  3. Win 10 won't go to sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 won't go to sleep automatically: Recently my Win 10 desktop PC refuses to go to sleep unless I manually put it to sleep. One issue I'm having is that the settings for power management are clearly intended for a laptop "When plugged in, monitor turns off after XX minutes". But aside from that. I have noticed...
  4. Win 10 won't go to sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows10 Shows Locking and go to sleep mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows10 Shows Locking and go to sleep mode: [IMG] My laptop shows this screen continuesly going to sleep mood. How can i solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-shows-locking-and-go-to-sleep-mode/703c66e5-b9c8-454e-9a8b-8e02ec603b0c
  6. BSOD When Going to Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When Going to Sleep: I was wondering if someone could take a look at my dump file. I've opened it with Bluescreenview but it does not give enough information. Since it lists ntoskrnl as the problem, I am unable to investigate further. I think someone with the Windows Debugger tools will need to...
  7. Lock screen showing up when going to sleep

Lock screen showing up when going to sleep: hi there, since at least 3 months I noticed that when I click the power button for having the PC go to sleep mode, the lock screen will pop up for like half second, and then it will go to standby. This definitely didn't happen when I set up the PC and some time ago it...
  8. Win 10 showing lock screen when going to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 showing lock screen when going to sleep: hi there, since about 6 months, with one of the last updates, the PC started something odd, and my wife's computer is doing exactly the same, 2 laptops, one asus one lenovo.. so when you click power button for going into sleep mode, the lock screen flashes back for like...
  9. Lock screen showing up when PC going to sleep mode

Lock screen showing up when PC going to sleep mode: hello, Since one of the latest updates, when i click the power button for sending the PC to sleep, the lock screen flashes for an instant then goes into sleep. it has never done like that say 6 months ago. With the most recent update that i have installed today, and i am...
  10. Cannot go to Sleep (S3) or even sleep the monitor for Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot go to Sleep (S3) or even sleep the monitor for Win 10: I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 on the 29th. At that time my system would go to standby sleep without and issue. Since the big day, I can only get it to sleep by using the sleep option on the shut down or sign out drop down. I have reinstalled my graphics card drivers. I have also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not locking

2. windows not locking on sleep

3. windows not locking and going to sleep

4. 10 is not locking,
  5. not locking sleep,
  6. widnows 10 domain not locking when going to sleep