Windows 10: WIN 10 NOT READING MY GRAPHICS CARD OR MY MONITOR CORRECTLY

Discus and support WIN 10 NOT READING MY GRAPHICS CARD OR MY MONITOR CORRECTLY in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I run a PC upgraded from Win 7 ultimate on Win 10 - and after trying anything, I am now convinced I should just call it a day and go back to WIN7. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chris Van Schalkwyk, Aug 16, 2020.

1. WIN 10 NOT READING MY GRAPHICS CARD OR MY MONITOR CORRECTLY

I run a PC upgraded from Win 7 ultimate on Win 10 - and after trying anything, I am now convinced I should just call it a day and go back to WIN7.

I am a senior citizen and I can't afford to go out and buy stuff I don't really need, and I was assured that my PC could manage the upgrade, only it is not. This is a DELL Precision 390 which can do 3.4 Ghz - no slouch.

My graphics card is old but OK - an MSI NX6600-TD256E Gforce 6600 with 256mb - but Win 10 refuses to name it and keep me on a "generic display card" driver which cannot drive my Dell E207WPC screen at the right resolution of 1680 x 1050. Every photo/picture is slightly elongated horizontally as that is actually the setup for a much squarer screen. Win 10 also does not acknowledge/read my screen as a Dell E207WPC. ****?

I am not totally PC stupid - I used to be the go-to for friends in the XP - WIN 7 era... but this is starting to get me down. I tried Nvidias G-force experience thing to upgrade the graphics card, but WIN 10 won't run it. And I can't find a .inf driver I can try to upgrade to in WIN 10. I think I must try and copy the old .inf driver from WIN 7 and replace the one in WIN 10, but that just might stuff it all up... In Windows/system32/drivers...

So how to convince WIN 10 I have a gforce6600 card not a generic which can run a high resolution etc and a Dell 20 inch job which operates best at 1680 x 1050? PLEASE HELP!

:)

Chris Van Schalkwyk, Aug 16, 2020

2. Generic PnP monitor unrecognized after Graphics card update

Hi all,

I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 laptop with core i3, x64 based processor and Intel HD 3000 Graphics driver (Sandy bridge). I had been using Windows 7 for 6 years and I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 when I found that MS released a driver update that supports
    my old graphics card to work on Win 10 ... However after the upgrade I found my display driver listed as "Windows Basic Display Adaptor" and my monitor as "Generic PnP Monitor", so I ran Windows update which found a driver update for Intel graphics card and
    then the screen went blank. I booted into safe mode and found out the display listed as "Intel HD 3000 Graphics" correctly however the monitor has been an unrecognized generic pnp with exclamation mark next to it and windows would not let a driver update to
    it. I tried to downgrade to Windows 8.1 however the same problem reoccured exactly in the same steps.

How can I work around this and get my OS to recognize my laptop monitor. And will it be compatible with Win 10 or 8.1 or should I rollback to Win 7??

Thanks in advance

Max Botrous, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    usb monitors using graphics card

Hi isaac177,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know the model number of AOC display monitor?
    2. Is this the first time that you are trying to setup the display using HDMI?

You can try to use an adaptor (USB/HDMI or VGA as the card has 3 slots) to connect to monitor. I would also suggest you to get in touch with Nvidia to know more about this as there can be output issues while using adaptors and your Graphic card (GTX
    1660 Ti) might not work as expected.

I suggest you to refer this
    NVidia
    support link, and check if that helps.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Aug 16, 2020
  4. WIN 10 NOT READING MY GRAPHICS CARD OR MY MONITOR CORRECTLY

Windows 10: Monitor has no signal

Hi,

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How many graphics card are installed?
    • How is the second monitor connected to the computer, with VGA,DVI or HDMI?

You may check the Graphics card present in the computer by these steps:

• Press Win+X on the keyboard and select Device Manager
    • Expand Display Adapters and check how many graphic cards are shown.

If you have the option to choose multiple monitors provided by the graphic card manufacturer, try it and check

Ravinath P, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

WIN 10 NOT READING MY GRAPHICS CARD OR MY MONITOR CORRECTLY

1. WIN 10 NOT READING MY GRAPHICS CARD OR MY MONITOR CORRECTLY - Similar Threads - READING GRAPHICS CARD

2. How to use a different graphics card for my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use a different graphics card for my monitor: I have two graphics cards a 0.5 gb igpu for small tasks that my monitor uses and a 4gb amd radeon 6500m for gaming how do i make my monitor use the 4gb one for small tasks also....
  3. How to use a different graphics card for my monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use a different graphics card for my monitor: I have two graphics cards a 0.5 gb igpu for small tasks that my monitor uses and a 4gb amd radeon 6500m for gaming how do i make my monitor use the 4gb one for small tasks also....
  4. No brightness slider for my monitor and can't troubleshoot my monitor/graphics card properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No brightness slider for my monitor and can't troubleshoot my monitor/graphics card properties: there's no slider on the bottom left or in the display settings. also, I can't troubleshoot my monitor/graphics card properties https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-brightness-slider-for-my-monitor-and-cant/750a2987-ccd1-40d9-b7c2-15498c7a1c4a
  5. Graphics card monitor problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphics card monitor problem: Hey guys i got a notebook today and i connected my monitor with hdmi cable to my notebook so i can have 2 screens. But when i unplugged hdmi cable (to bring my notebook somewhere else) and when i clicked on nvidia control panel it said that its not connected to current...
  6. my Graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my Graphic card: does intel hd 630 is the same as nvidia gtx 1050...because I just bought a laptop Lenovo legion intel i7 7th gen and nvidia GeForce gtx 1050 and I saw my gpu was named intel hd 630...are they same...
  7. Graphic cards and monitors matching

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic cards and monitors matching: I am considering an upgrade of my ageing monitor. At present BenQ PD2700U is a high level contender. Problem is that my graphics card is a NVidia Quadro 600 which supports a maximum of 2560 x 1600 pixels and the PD2700U has 3840 x 2160 pixels. Going for the BenQ PD2700Q would...
  8. Windows 10 does not read my graphics card full capacity

Windows 10 does not read my graphics card full capacity: -Hello, i have been a Windows 10 user since insider builds before they come out, i have been testing and giving feedback for years till last night when i decided to go back to Windows 7 to try something which made me realize that i may not ever go back to Windows 10. -My...
  9. Graphic card or monitor problem?

Graphic card or monitor problem?: If when i retun computer from "display off" by moving cursor, my signal returns to dim or black (SOMETIMES), yes there is a signal, but there is a dim-black, or black signal, sometimes turning off and on monitor by button will result in blinking right picture and again goes...
  10. Is it my graphics card?

Is it my graphics card?: Hey everyone im new to this forum and I need some expertise. I recently built my first pc this summer and ive been having problems for the past 2 months with games crashing. At first they would only crash when a sound or spotify overlay came up. Now im getting graphics...