Windows 10: Win 10 not seeing other pc in wifi network

Discus and support Win 10 not seeing other pc in wifi network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My network was working fine, then after a Win10 update on the other PC I can no longer see it. I have set the services Function Discovery (Both) to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by errolgreer, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Win 10 not seeing other pc in wifi network

My network was working fine, then after a Win10 update on the other PC I can no longer see it. I have set the services Function Discovery (Both) to Automatic delay start on both pcs, rebooted both but still no luck. Any other options? via the registry edit maybe?

:)

errolgreer, Oct 13, 2019
  2. m3110w Win User

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Oct 13, 2019
  3. DaleNoel Win User
    Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Edorff Win User

Win 10 not seeing other pc in wifi network

Can't see the list of wifi networks

I can't see the wifi icon on taskbar or the little up arrow, when i go to the wifi list there is no wifi to connect to, network status appears to be a weird line, i'm also on windows 10 and on pc

Edorff, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 not seeing other pc in wifi network

1. Win 10 not seeing other pc in wifi network - Similar Threads - seeing wifi network

2. PC not seeing other computers on my network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not seeing other computers on my network: Recently I set up a new PC for one of my employees. It periodically stops seeing other computers on my Network, including our file share server.When this occurs, I log the user out, log in using my MS 365 account, and then go to File Explorer, and all of the computers on the...
  3. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  4. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  5. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Cannot see other pc on home network

Cannot see other pc on home network: I have two computers connected to a home network. Both can get to the internet but both cannot see each other. Ping goes through between them. I got the following message while troublshooting: Website (XXXXXX) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. XXXXXX is...
  7. Can't see home WiFi network but can see others in the area

Can't see home WiFi network but can see others in the area: Yesterday I could see my home WiFi network on my laptop and today I can't. All other devices in the house are still connected to and can see and connect to it but my laptop can't even see it. On my laptop I can see other WiFi networks in the area but not my own. I've rebooted...
  8. Cannot see Win 10 Pro PC on network

Cannot see Win 10 Pro PC on network: I have a home network with several Win 10 Pro PCs. I recently added a used Dell 7040 Micro running a fresh reinstall of Win 10 Pro. The 7040 is not visible to the other Win 10 systems. If, on the 7040, I do Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network Reset and answer Yes...
  9. Cannot see other PC's on network.

Cannot see other PC's on network.: When my Windows 7 PC tried to look at a Windows 10 PC it could see it on the network but couldn't access files. I upgraded to W10. Now neither PC sees the other. Selecting Network on either PC shows only that PC on the network. How do I see the other PC and how do I access,...
  10. Cannot see other PC on home network

Cannot see other PC on home network: I have two computers running Win 10 and one running OSX 10.8. The one computer was an in place upgrade to Win10 (which I now regret). The upgraded computer, when running Win7, was seen by the other two computers. Since upgrading to Win10, it's disappeared. I've followed the...