Windows 10: Win 10 Notepad and Settings

Discus and support Win 10 Notepad and Settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Thanks Ed *Smile Its difficult to know what the OP is actually seeing. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by XBcs87, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Mooly Win User

Win 10 Notepad and Settings

Thanks Ed *Smile Its difficult to know what the OP is actually seeing.

Mooly, Oct 10, 2016
  2. XBcs87 Win User

Exactly how and where do I type Notepad so as to make it appear as above in screenshot where I can right click and save. Right clicking Start shows search box but when I click on it the Ask me anything box appears but you can't type into it.

XBcs87, Oct 10, 2016
  3. EdTittel Win User
    You don't need to right-click Start at all. If you see the search box as Mooly has shown it (It's also does Cortana access, and can accept voice input, as the little microphone icon at the far right is supposed to indicate) you should be able to position the cursor inside with your mouse (just click inside the box) and start typing. Does this not work?
    Now, we're getting somewhere.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 10, 2016
  4. XBcs87 Win User

Thanks Ed tried the run box and found it.

XBcs87, Oct 10, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    A comment: On the default installations of the 1511 and 1607 Versions, Notepad and Wordpad plus other apps such as Paint show in the W section of the menu and the Windows Accessories section. I usually Pin them Start and the Tiles show at the bottom of the list of tiles then I click and drag further up the list to make more accessible, could even Pin to the Taskbar. Wordpad is fine for basics if not having Microsoft Word installed but for cost issues the free LibreOffice is excellent.

Berton, Oct 10, 2016
  6. Mooly Win User
    I find I use Notepad constantly, Libreoffice frequently and Paint often. Frequent use documents are pinned to their respective taskbar icons and so are available with single right click. My start menu is fairly well organised and populated to. All in all a big thumbs up to the way it all works and comes together.

Mooly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Notepad and Settings - Similar Threads - Notepad Settings

2. Set old notepad as default in win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set old notepad as default in win 11: Hello, I would like to make old notepad my default text editor, bit I do not know how. Can someone help me? Victor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-old-notepad-as-default-in-win-11/a382df3c-d512-4e88-8d3f-75fa0a152eb7
  3. Set old notepad as default in win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set old notepad as default in win 11: Hello, I would like to make old notepad my default text editor, bit I do not know how. Can someone help me? Victor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-old-notepad-as-default-in-win-11/a382df3c-d512-4e88-8d3f-75fa0a152eb7
  4. Set Windows Notepad 11.2307.27.0 to ask to save upon exit

Set Windows Notepad 11.2307.27.0 to ask to save upon exit: When I exit notepad without saving - I lose my edits.How can I set Notepad 11.2307.27.0 to ask to save upon exit, when the file was changed?Thanks,Efrat...
  5. Set Windows Notepad 11.2307.27.0 to ask to save upon exit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Windows Notepad 11.2307.27.0 to ask to save upon exit: When I exit notepad without saving - I lose my edits.How can I set Notepad 11.2307.27.0 to ask to save upon exit, when the file was changed?Thanks,Efrat...
  6. I can't change the icons for the Microsoft store app, mail app, notepad app, and settings app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change the icons for the Microsoft store app, mail app, notepad app, and settings app.: When I right click any of the above apps on my taskbar, then right click again, I don't see the properties option, thus not letting me change the icon. I only see open, run as administrator, pin to start, and unpin from taskbar. If I unpin the app, create a shortcut of the...
  7. I can't change the icons for the Microsoft store app, mail app, notepad app, and settings app.

I can't change the icons for the Microsoft store app, mail app, notepad app, and settings app.: When I right click any of the above apps on my taskbar, then right click again, I don't see the properties option, thus not letting me change the icon. I only see open, run as administrator, pin to start, and unpin from taskbar. If I unpin the app, create a shortcut of the...
  8. The Character Sets in Notepad Look Incorrectly Rendered

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Character Sets in Notepad Look Incorrectly Rendered: The character sets in Notepad look incorrectly rendered like this.It could be the Korean character sets, the Chinese character sets, the Japanese character sets, or the character sets from the other languages.How am I supposed to make the character sets look correctly...
  9. The Character Sets in Notepad Look Incorrectly Rendered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Character Sets in Notepad Look Incorrectly Rendered: The character sets in Notepad look incorrectly rendered like this.It could be the Korean character sets, the Chinese character sets, the Japanese character sets, or the character sets from the other languages.How am I supposed to make the character sets look correctly...
  10. The Character Sets in Notepad Look Incorrectly Rendered