Windows 10: Win 10 notepad no longer works?

Discus and support Win 10 notepad no longer works? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi folks, I have the latest iteration of Windows 10 64bit. Around a week ago my notepad just stopped working, I click on it and it opens and the first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SirMaxxi, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Win 10 notepad no longer works?

Hi folks, I have the latest iteration of Windows 10 64bit.

Around a week ago my notepad just stopped working, I click on it and it opens and the first thing I notice is the cursor doesn't move

I click into it and the top right corner of the notepad over the buttons goes black

It then says not responding and it just crashes.

I have tried to reinstall, download other versions which work but then SFC scannow overrides it

I go to windows store and it says it doesn't have a location to install it, my devices don't show just for trying to install notepad

I've uninstalled, deleted the registry keys, SFC, DISM, tried a different version etc

I just want the latest plain old notepad

It's there a surefire way to fix this folks?

submitted by /u/SirMaxxi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SirMaxxi, Feb 8, 2021

2. Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Well I found the answer to my question. I should have thought through this a little longer.

Notepad is native in ANSI mode.
    However Wordpad can work in UTF-8 mode.
    I found steps to make Notepad usable in UTF-8 mode but there are a lot of steps and once again there has to be a registry hack to make it work.
    Now how do I make Workpad be listed in the most used application through the Start Menu?

1ThursdayJC, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Cds47 Win User
    Access to Notepad denied after EVERY log in to Win 10.

I also tried to find the notepad icon (as suggested by another source) in C;\Windows\Systems32 but could not get it to accept notepad.exe

Cds47, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Win 10 notepad no longer works?

Notepad & wordpad in Win 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to create shortcut for Word and notepad. We will help you to resolve the issue.

Please follow the steps provided below.

• Type notepad in the search bar.
    • Right Click on note pad and click Pin to Start.
    • Apply the same steps for Word Pad too.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 notepad no longer works?

1. Win 10 notepad no longer works? - Similar Threads - notepad longer works

2. FIND function no longer works in NOTEPAD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIND function no longer works in NOTEPAD: I've posted this question below with no successful answer.When I open a text file in Windows Notepad and click EDIT / FIND the search window pops up however, it does not allow me to enter any text. The FIND window remains blank when I try to type in text.I've tried RESETTING...
  3. FIND function no longer works in NOTEPAD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FIND function no longer works in NOTEPAD: I've posted this question below with no successful answer.When I open a text file in Windows Notepad and click EDIT / FIND the search window pops up however, it does not allow me to enter any text. The FIND window remains blank when I try to type in text.I've tried RESETTING...
  4. Game no longer working correctly on Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game no longer working correctly on Win 10: I hope someone can help. Myself and a few other gamers who have upgraded Machines to Win10 that were previously Win7 and Win8.1 are now suffering a conflict when submitting records to the game server. The game is Fishsim2 from 2000 very old game but has worked on all...
  5. Emoji Picker ( Win+. or Win+; ) No Longer Works

in Windows 10 Support
    Emoji Picker ( Win+. or Win+; ) No Longer Works: After the latest big update from Windows, I noticed that my Emoji Picker Window (the window that you can pull up when pressing the Windows key + the period or semicolon key) no longer comes up. I tried searching online to why this doesn't work, and how to fix it, etc, yet...
  6. Notepad no longer opens

Notepad no longer opens: Note pad does not open on my desktop but works ok on my laptop. On my desktop, when I click the Notepad icon only a thumbnail opens at bottom of my screen. The thumbnail is blank and doesn't do anything. Both my desktop and laptop have the latest Windows 10 OS. Any help would...
  7. Notepad will no longer resize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notepad will no longer resize: Notepad will no longer resize when I try go drag the sides, it will maximise or minimise only. Note I use Notepad from my task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/notepad-will-no-longer-resize/a44ba5ca-cace-41d6-94c0-fa97b4b2a80c
  8. Box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10: Changing the rgb values here used to work:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors HotTrackingColor Hilight Was this ability to change removed in an update or is there a different method? 113210
  9. Win 10 Notepad and Settings

Win 10 Notepad and Settings: Hi not very tech savvy so bear with me. Recently had new Win 10 re-installed on existing laptop and now can't find any reference to Notepad which I need for text docs. Have checked the tutorial (on here) and file explorer and can't find anything about it or any indication of...
  10. A couple of programs no longer work in Latest Win 10

A couple of programs no longer work in Latest Win 10: Since I updated my Windows 10 installation to version 1703 (OS Build 15063.296), two programs which I used frequently no longer work. JRuler Pro, from JR Screen Ruler Pro - Transparent, Rotation Supported, doesn't appear when I click on its original exe file. I...