Windows 10: Win 10 notification opens Mail instead of Outlook

Discus and support Win 10 notification opens Mail instead of Outlook in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Running fully patched Windows 10 Pro. When Windows notification pops up announcing a new email in Outlook, clicking on the notification opens Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by M+B, Nov 7, 2018.

1. M+B
    M+B Win User

Win 10 notification opens Mail instead of Outlook

Running fully patched Windows 10 Pro. When Windows notification pops up announcing a new email in Outlook, clicking on the notification opens Windows Mail instead of Outlook 2016. Outlook is the default app in Settings\Default Apps. Can't seem to switch it.

:)

2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Nov 7, 2018
  3. gasolin Win User
    How to get notification of new mail's? (hotmail/outlook)

I don't use skype that dosn't give me notification when i get a new mail, i use emesene, when i click on the email icon i go to my hotmail's which is merged with outlook windows 8 style. I use windows 7 64bit

My problem is i don't get notification of new email anymore (don't want a sound) the icon in emesene dosn't show me how many mails i got, always shows 0 new mails.

If i don't want hotmail/outlook open all the time, use my phone or clicking the email icon in emesene all the time, what can i do to see how many new mails i have gotten? I don't like the other version of outlook you could install when there was msn messenger

Bigsby and aMsn don't go directly to my email account it goes to this https://account.live.com/summarypage.aspx , (microsoft account where i can't se my mails) the apps,ad ons for chrome dosn't work.

gasolin, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Win 10 notification opens Mail instead of Outlook

How can I configure Windows 10 Action Center mail notifications to open in Outlook instead of Mail App?

How can I configure Windows 10 Action Center mail notifications to open in Outlook(Office 365) instead of Mail App?Thanks

davidemile, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 notification opens Mail instead of Outlook

1. Win 10 notification opens Mail instead of Outlook - Similar Threads - notification opens Mail

2. New mail notification on Outlook new and Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New mail notification on Outlook new and Mail: Windows 11.I've only set up my email account on Outlook new and yet I'm getting new mail notifications for both Outlook AND Mail. How can I stop the notifications from Mail?...
  3. New mail notification on Outlook new and Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New mail notification on Outlook new and Mail: Windows 11.I've only set up my email account on Outlook new and yet I'm getting new mail notifications for both Outlook AND Mail. How can I stop the notifications from Mail?...
  4. Outlook Mail won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook Mail won't open: The last few days, the application does not open on my laptop, I restarted the app twice to see if the problem was solved but nothing. Any solution?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-mail-wont-open/83db6c02-c062-4282-b220-308f0db0fbf9
  5. Is there a FIX for Win 10 Mail App not showing New Mail Notifications ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a FIX for Win 10 Mail App not showing New Mail Notifications ?: I have been searching the forums here and Google looking at every article I could find on this subject , and everything I find is a couple years old , what I am looking for is a FIX , for the Win 10 Mail App on my new to me PC , it has a fresh install/reset of Win 10 Home...
  6. How to use Outlook or Google Mail instead of Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to use Outlook or Google Mail instead of Microsoft Mail: Microsoft 10's mail program is poor and I would like to go back to Google Mail or Outlook, but have been unable to change the default. Microsoft contacts does not allow sorting contacts in categories and it doesn't provide for quick selection of multiple email addresses for...
  7. Import win 10 mail to Outlook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Import win 10 mail to Outlook: Ok so I have been browsing the community but none of the answers seem to work for me. I have a windows 10 mail client with 800 emails saved to the computer, and now I want to switch to Outlook. I can't access the online account anymore since we migrated the domain as...
  8. Reliability of Windows Mail (not Outlook) Notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reliability of Windows Mail (not Outlook) Notifications: I have noticed a recent problem (last month or so) with windows mail not always showing notifications of new mail in the Notification Area. It appears to be when Mail is running in the background. I can do a simple test, and show that when Mail is running in the foreground,...
  9. Win 10/Outlook 2007 - Can't change e-mail notification sound

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10/Outlook 2007 - Can't change e-mail notification sound: Sorry to post such a picky little issue. I guess that I must be OCD and want everything to work as it should. I have: Win 10 Pro X64 build 1511 Outlook 2007 When new mail arrives, I get the default new mail sound (Windows Notify e-mail.wav). I tried to change the...
  10. SendTo mail opens Outlook instead of Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    SendTo mail opens Outlook instead of Mail app: Hello, I am using Mail app built in Windows 10. Office 2013 is installed with all applications. If I try to use the SendTo link from Explorer, it opens up Outlook instead of the default Mail app. In default programs, Mail has all his options checked. How to make the SendTo...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mail opens instead of outlook

2. use windows mail instead of outlook

3. how to notify using outlook instead of mail

4. windows 10 using outlook instead of windows mail,
  5. windows opens mail instead of outlook,
  6. windows 10 notification opens mail instead of outlook,
  7. windows 10 notification open outlook