Windows 10: WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem

Discus and support WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My taskbar clock is in dark lettering, can only see it with mouse hover. How do I fix that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by whk51, Oct 5, 2018.

1. whk51 Win User

WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem

My taskbar clock is in dark lettering, can only see it with mouse hover.

How do I fix that?

:)

whk51, Oct 5, 2018

2. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Oct 5, 2018
  3. DonWyman Win User
    Win 10 build 10240 to Threshold 2 update problem on 16G tablet

Thanks, that is a very comprehensive list of suggestions. However, I have done almost all of the steps you've listed...except uninstalling the apps. Even if I deleted virtually all my installed apps (most were installed on the D drive anyway, except for the ones that would only install on C), it may leave just barely enough room to get to the 5G needed for the install...but then where would I be.....an operating system running on a tablet, with hardly any apps on it....an anchor! The problem with apparently no answer is WinSxS!

It seems that even though Win 10 will install and run on the small little 16G tablets, they can not be updated over a period of time as the Windows and WinSxS folder continue to grow out of bounds. Thus leaving a 16G C drive device fairly useless for any useful purpose. The only option (it appears), is to do a fresh reformat and install, with every new Win 10 upgrade down the line, thus starting with a small WinSxS each time, instead of one that balloons with every program install and software upgrade.

Any other ideas, greatly accepted....thanks all!

DonWyman, Oct 5, 2018
  4. WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem

Can't upgrade from Win 8 to Win 10

Jessen P -- Thanks for responding. I looked at the link you provided, but it just provides a small list of error codes and possible causes for the error. Didn't see any steps to take to resolve the issue. And none of the listed error codes are the
    same as the one I got 0x80070006-0x90016 when I tried to upgrade to win 10.

PhilSaxton, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem

1. WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem - Similar Threads - Oct update caused

2. Win 10 fails to install Oct 2023 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 fails to install Oct 2023 update: Does Microsoft intend to correct the problem with their October 23 update for Windows 10? My Dell desktop is installing the update to the very end then stops and says it can’t do it and backs out. Please advise if there’s any solutions to this problem. Currently my PC is not...
  3. Win 10 fails to install Oct 2023 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 fails to install Oct 2023 update: Does Microsoft intend to correct the problem with their October 23 update for Windows 10? My Dell desktop is installing the update to the very end then stops and says it can’t do it and backs out. Please advise if there’s any solutions to this problem. Currently my PC is not...
  4. Win 10 fails to install Oct 2023 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Oct and Nov win updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Oct and Nov win updates: Various systems all win10 Pro, with Office 365 Bus Differing hardware Following win updates released Oct and Nov On all systems power/sleep settings failed ie systems do not now sleep/hibernate. MS Outlook default sounds eg on Delete have failed...
  6. 30 OCT 20 Windows 10 update caused problems

30 OCT 20 Windows 10 update caused problems: On the evening of 30 OCT 20, I was subject to a long 1 hour, 19 minutes Windows 10 update, which has screwed up my computer function in several ways. 1. evidently it contained or awakened some 16-bit app that won't run on my 64-bit computer 2013 Dell 2350 All-in-one...
  7. Printer default problems Win 10 Pro, Oct update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer default problems Win 10 Pro, Oct update: I have 2 systems running the latest and greatest version of Windows 10 Pro (64 bit). I have a problem on both systems that seems to be Windows related. I have a Canon ImageclassMF22DW laser printer that has worked flawlessly till now. Now I have an issue with the...
  8. Clipboard Win 10 Oct 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard Win 10 Oct 2018 Update: I am having troubles to get to the clipboard on Windows 10. According to the updates I have read there are new setting to allow me to paste multiple save items and to share copy/paste amount multiple devices. I've looked under Settings but no love. I tried to Search it up...
  9. WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem

WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem: My taskbar clock is in dark lettering, can only see it with mouse hover. Shows white on 2nd screen using extended screen. How do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-oct-update-caused-a-small-problem/1dfbeed8-d555-4735-8783-14f679011522
  10. win update 1809 oct 2018

win update 1809 oct 2018: unable to upgrade on surface pro 5 from 1803 to 1809 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/win-update-1809-oct-2018/0c5b5099-cdeb-419a-adcc-be3a83bc145a