Windows 10: WIN 10 OEM or RETAIL?

Discus and support WIN 10 OEM or RETAIL? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a PC today with WIN 7. I will install WIN 10 in it. Can I buy an OEM license and install it on that PC?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sunebengtsson, Feb 7, 2020.

1. WIN 10 OEM or RETAIL?

I have a PC today with WIN 7. I will install WIN 10 in it. Can I buy an OEM license and install it on that PC?

:)

sunebengtsson, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Diesel94 Win User

Upgrading from Windows 10 OEM to full retail. System does not recognize retail version.

I had a machine with an OEM version of Win 10 PRO. I changed the MB and processor which deactivated the OEM Win 10 installation. I purchased Win 10 Full Retail FQC-08788, removed the original partitions from the SSD drive using DISKPART and installed the
    retail version. I linked to my existing MS Account and tried to activate the machine, only to be told I couldn't activate the OEM system and suggested I visit the MS store to acquire a valid license.

WHAT GIVES!!! Was it because I linked to my on-line account? Is the old OEM information being held in the UEFI somehow? What do I have to do to get the new Retail version recognized?

Diesel94, Feb 7, 2020
  3. MarkGPz Win User
    Win 7 OEM to 10 upgrade, will Retail key be allowed

I have a OEM Win 7 Pro system that upgraded to Win 10. Because it's OEM and upgraded to Win 10 I won't be able to move it to a new computer. If I purchase a Win 10 Pro Retail key can I use that key to upgrade the OEM that I
    have and move it to a new computer??

MarkGPz, Feb 7, 2020
  4. MarkGPz Win User

WIN 10 OEM or RETAIL?

Win 7 OEM to 10 upgrade, will Retail key be allowed

Last question. My free Win 10 upgrade is less than 30 days old. Can I go back to my original OEM Win 7 Pro?

If so, I found a Win 7 Pro Retail copy for very cheap. Can I then use this to Retail Win 7 Pro to update my OEM Win 7 Pro, move to new machine and afterwards get free win 10 upgrade with my complete system moved ??

MarkGPz, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

WIN 10 OEM or RETAIL?

1. WIN 10 OEM or RETAIL? - Similar Threads - OEM RETAIL

2. Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website: I have seen some people saying that on the Microsoft website they sell retail keys for windows 11 and i just wanted to check if this was the case. also if i replaced my motherboard would a retail key still be usable on the new motherboard?...
  3. Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website: I have seen some people saying that on the Microsoft website they sell retail keys for windows 11 and i just wanted to check if this was the case. also if i replaced my motherboard would a retail key still be usable on the new motherboard?...
  4. use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license: I try to transfer my windows 10 PRO RETAIL license to new laptop with no luck.the problem:I have old laptop with activated windows 10 PRO digital license - when checking lsmgr it claims that is RETAIL license and I have now new laptop which comes with windows 11 HOME OEM...
  5. use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license

use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license: I try to transfer my windows 10 PRO RETAIL license to new laptop with no luck.the problem:I have old laptop with activated windows 10 PRO digital license - when checking lsmgr it claims that is RETAIL license and I have now new laptop which comes with windows 11 HOME OEM...
  6. how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?: How to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without a complete reinstall of Windows 11?In other words: how to make the Windows 11 home dependant on the Motherboard?We have to change a new MoBo , that has to be exchanged for a bit stronger one.Windows 11 home...
  7. how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?

how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?: How to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without a complete reinstall of Windows 11?In other words: how to make the Windows 11 home dependant on the Motherboard?We have to change a new MoBo , that has to be exchanged for a bit stronger one.Windows 11 home...
  8. Can oem Windows can be reactivated in same pc when retail Windows is already there?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can oem Windows can be reactivated in same pc when retail Windows is already there?: Hi, my laptop come with oem Windows 10 and i installed retail Windows on it , now i want to use my oem Windows again my laptop so that i can transfer retail Windows to other pc , is it possible to do this?...
  9. Can oem Windows can be reactivated in same pc when retail Windows is already there?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can oem Windows can be reactivated in same pc when retail Windows is already there?: Hi, my laptop come with oem Windows 10 and i installed retail Windows on it , now i want to use my oem Windows again my laptop so that i can transfer retail Windows to other pc , is it possible to do this?...
  10. Can oem Windows can be reactivated in same pc when retail Windows is already there?