Windows 10: Win 10, One Drive will not synch and has many glitches appears different from tutiorials

Discus and support Win 10, One Drive will not synch and has many glitches appears different from tutiorials in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have win 10 Pro. I do not have Office 365. Microsoft claims to provide 5GB free of one drive with win 10. OneDrive did not work (it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cos_, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Cos_ Win User

Win 10, One Drive will not synch and has many glitches appears different from tutiorials

I have win 10 Pro. I do not have Office 365.

Microsoft claims to provide 5GB free of one drive with win 10.

OneDrive did not work (it just flashed and did nothing), so I un-installed and downloaded from a link at this site (which appeared to be MS store).

I am running the free version that comes with win 10 pro, ver 19.22.5.0

I am signed into my OneDrive with Microsoft Account.

OneDrive does NOT appear using file explorer at C:\Users\YourUser\OneDrive

One drive is on my task bar and start menu as app a blue cloud with limited capability described here-in.

One drive also appears on my task bar and start menu as a yellow folder, with blue cloud in bottom right. When clicked, it just flashes and does nothing. .

I am signed into PC as a local user (I think).

OneDrive Menus (From blue cloud app) are not like menus in tutorials or videos

In the instructions, it says to synch go to More/Settings. There is no such option. When I click the … and go to settings, the only option is dark mode.

I can not get files to synch and most of the time files do not even drag over manually.

You have to drag folders manually, and when you do,, for more than half the folders, only the folders copy, the folder contents do not copy, not pdfs, not office docs, not URLs, nothing.

It appears I am running the wrong version.

1. Can anyone tell me how to get correct OneDrive Version (without re-installing win 10)?

2. With correct version, Is there any way to only synch between ~3:00am and ~5:00am (I have slow PC and slow internet).

Thanks for those who have tried to help. This must be a common, complicated issue as there are numerous posts on subject, all with different advise, none of which have worked for me. Microsoft really need to fix the version I have so it works and stop misleading people into getting it, it just does not work.

:)

2. windows calendar is not synching

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Calendar is not synching in Windows. We will help you.

• Is the Calendar not synching in Windows Phone or PC?
    If the Calendar is not synching in PC I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Refer:
    Windows 10 Apps troubleshooter

Step 2: If the issue persists, then I suggest you to
    remove and reconfigure the account back in the Mail app.

Reconfiguring the account should force it to sync again and resolve the issue.

For reference: Refer:

Calendar app

Keep us posted if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Kriscious Win User
    External hard drive not appearing on Win 10

Just upgraded to Win 10 (Home Premium 64-bit) and suddenly my computer won't acknowledge my external LaCie Rugged hard drive. (I get the little diddy saying it's been connected, but it never appears.) My WD drive and my LaCie Porsche drive both still work,
    but not the Rugged (which still works on my Win 7 laptop). I really need access to this drive! Any suggestions??

Kriscious, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Boris12 Win User

Win 10, One Drive will not synch and has many glitches appears different from tutiorials

Win 10 disconnects external drives at random

After reading the article carefully, I started with the simple steps first.

1. Disabling MS One Drive was not necessary because I disable it right away when the machine was out of the box.

2. Turning off Fast Startup did not help. The drive was recognized upon Restart but then lost in about an hour.

Following other suggestions in the article was not successful.

For example, their step 3 reads: “Wait for the list of installed apps to appear. When the list appears, locate Seagate software and click the Uninstall button.”

However, there are no apps on my computer that are named Seagate whatever.

Likewise, I could not reinstall Paragon drivers because I could not find them on my computer in the first place.

I left a comment on the web page but have no idea if anybody will read it.

Studying Seagate website, found this page: Will my Seagate drive work with Windows 10? | Seagate Support US
    according to which, my drive should work.

My N: drive is from the “Backup Plus Family”. It points to an “HFS driver 9.1 or higher”.
    Dell’s Device manager lists MS Diver version 10.0.17763.1, dated 6/21/2006 as the most current driver for this drive.

Should I download the HFS driver, and then go to “Update Driver” > Locate and install driver s/w manually ?

If yes, where (which folder) should the HFS driver be placed properly for Windows to see it?

Thank you!

Boris12, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10, One Drive will not synch and has many glitches appears different from tutiorials - Similar Threads - Drive synch has

2. How to stop one drive from synching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop one drive from synching: Hi! I accidentally started synching my one drive and it is now synching more than 100gb of photos to the cloud. I don't really want this or need this either. This happened before and I was able to stop backup under accounts then windows back up.Now the option is gone, I don't...
  3. How to stop one drive from synching

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop one drive from synching: Hi! I accidentally started synching my one drive and it is now synching more than 100gb of photos to the cloud. I don't really want this or need this either. This happened before and I was able to stop backup under accounts then windows back up.Now the option is gone, I don't...
  4. How to stop one drive from synching

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. One drive isn't synching

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    One drive isn't synching: My one drive is not syncing, it says something like Microsoft account requires JavaScript to sign in or JavaScript is blocked, what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-isnt-synching/7166be1e-b9c3-40d6-a8fc-30fd57f3d021
  6. One drive isn't synching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive isn't synching: My one drive is not syncing, it says something like Microsoft account requires JavaScript to sign in or JavaScript is blocked, what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-isnt-synching/7166be1e-b9c3-40d6-a8fc-30fd57f3d021
  7. One drive isn't synching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Win 10 free One Drive will not synch and has many glitches, can anyone send specific...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 free One Drive will not synch and has many glitches, can anyone send specific...: I have win 10 Pro. I do not have Office 365, nor would I. I am running an older version of office that mostly works. Microsoft claims to provide 5GB free of one drive with win 10. I can not get files to synch and most of the time files do not even drag over...
  9. Win 10 Pro, One Drive no option to synch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Pro, One Drive no option to synch: When I installed one drive, there were no pop ups or options on syncing selected folders (like instructions claim). I have tried signing in and out, option still not evident. The symbols are somewhat cryptic. Is there a menu where I can choose which folders to sync?...
  10. One Drive & Folder synching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive & Folder synching: How do I unsync a folder on my desk top from automatically uploading to One Drive? I right click and see commands like "free up space" . Is this how to stop syncing to One Drive?...