Windows 10: Win 10 Onedrive not syncing and constantly searching for changes

Discus and support Win 10 Onedrive not syncing and constantly searching for changes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Now Onedrive will not sync new files to the cloud. In addition the Cloud icon is constantly "looking for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jtr159, Jul 30, 2015.

1. jtr159 Win User

Win 10 Onedrive not syncing and constantly searching for changes

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Now Onedrive will not sync new files to the cloud. In addition the Cloud icon is constantly "looking for changes".

:)

jtr159, Jul 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 - 8/6 cumulative update problems?

Upgraded to WIn 10 with no problems until the 8/6 cumulative updates installed behind the scenes.

Constantly being told I don't have permissions to folders when I am an administrator.

OneDrive is useless - constantly drops my login, have to reinstall every time I go to the folder in explorer. Then it fails to sync changes made from other devices because of permission problems. I've unlinked and tried everything I've see elsewhere to
    no success.

Thoughts? Thanks

CharlesVVC, Jul 30, 2015
  3. David Haz Win User
    A process called "Microsoft OneDrive Setup" is constantly using 15-20% of my CPU for the third day in a row now

Hello,

It could be that OneDrive is not yet finished syncing your files or is not yet fully set up. May we know if you have recently changed some settings in OneDrive?

OneDrive constantly syncs your files from your PC to OneDrive, thus, can cause a slow down on your device. However, you may stop OneDrive from syncing your files. Here's how:

• On the taskbar, select File Explorer.
    • Right-click OneDrive - Personal, and then select Choose OneDrive folders to sync.
    • Clear the Sync all files and folders in OneDrive check box, then select
      OK.
    • Restart your PC and see if there are improvements within your device.

David Haz, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 Onedrive not syncing and constantly searching for changes

1. Win 10 Onedrive not syncing and constantly searching for changes - Similar Threads - Onedrive syncing constantly

2. onedrive is constantly syncing several files over and over again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive is constantly syncing several files over and over again: Please, I would like to solve my problem that I have on my PC with OneDrive, where several about 20-30 files keep syncing over and over again, constantly, all the time the PC is on all day, which overloads the disk and the processor. Is there a solution to this error? I can't...
  3. how to locate sync settings on Win 10 for Onedrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to locate sync settings on Win 10 for Onedrive?: how to locate sync settings on Win 10 for Onedrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-locate-sync-settings-on-win-10-for-onedrive/3ebcfc38-05e7-41f7-b962-7bdfa72a4b37
  4. how to locate sync settings on Win 10 for Onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to locate sync settings on Win 10 for Onedrive?: how to locate sync settings on Win 10 for Onedrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-locate-sync-settings-on-win-10-for-onedrive/3ebcfc38-05e7-41f7-b962-7bdfa72a4b37
  5. how to locate sync settings on Win 10 for Onedrive?

6. Win11+OneDrive, CONSTANT sync issues with full storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11+OneDrive, CONSTANT sync issues with full storage: I set up Windows 11 Home a few days ago and have been impressed so far, except with the OneDrive integration which may be one of the most AGGRAVATING experiences I've ever had in my life. Initially everything was working fine, but then while restoring some things from my old...
  7. Win11+OneDrive, CONSTANT sync issues with full storage

Win11+OneDrive, CONSTANT sync issues with full storage: I set up Windows 11 Home a few days ago and have been impressed so far, except with the OneDrive integration which may be one of the most AGGRAVATING experiences I've ever had in my life. Initially everything was working fine, but then while restoring some things from my old...
  8. Win 10 change search order

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 change search order: Ok something that's been driving me crazy for some weeks now, and I don't know when this changed but it was probably a windows update of some kind: It used to be like this: I'd hit the Windows key, start typing for example "cal", hit enter, and the calculator would start....
  9. OneDrive syncing and search issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive syncing and search issues: I have OneDrive installed on a few of my computers and I often have difficulty searching for things using the Windows File Explorer in my OneDrive subfolder. The search can take ridiculously long, and even then the file I am searching for by name may not come up. However on...
  10. OneDrive - 2 Files Constantly Being Synced

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive - 2 Files Constantly Being Synced: Hi. I have this annoying issue that I'm hoping someone can help me with. After I recently did a reinstall of Windows 10 I accidently chose in the beginning that OneDrive should synchronize my pictures and documents folders. Once I noticed this I changed the save-path for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive searching for changes

2. OneDrive not syncing searching for files