Windows 10: Win 10 Onedrive not syncing and constantly searching for changes

Discus and support Win 10 Onedrive not syncing and constantly searching for changes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Now Onedrive will not sync new files to the cloud. In addition the Cloud icon is constantly "looking for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jtr159, Jul 30, 2015.

1. jtr159 Win User

Win 10 Onedrive not syncing and constantly searching for changes

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Now Onedrive will not sync new files to the cloud. In addition the Cloud icon is constantly "looking for changes".

:)

jtr159, Jul 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 - 8/6 cumulative update problems?

Upgraded to WIn 10 with no problems until the 8/6 cumulative updates installed behind the scenes.

Constantly being told I don't have permissions to folders when I am an administrator.

OneDrive is useless - constantly drops my login, have to reinstall every time I go to the folder in explorer. Then it fails to sync changes made from other devices because of permission problems. I've unlinked and tried everything I've see elsewhere to
    no success.

Thoughts? Thanks

CharlesVVC, Jul 30, 2015
  3. David Haz Win User
    A process called "Microsoft OneDrive Setup" is constantly using 15-20% of my CPU for the third day in a row now

Hello,

It could be that OneDrive is not yet finished syncing your files or is not yet fully set up. May we know if you have recently changed some settings in OneDrive?

OneDrive constantly syncs your files from your PC to OneDrive, thus, can cause a slow down on your device. However, you may stop OneDrive from syncing your files. Here's how:

• On the taskbar, select File Explorer.
    • Right-click OneDrive - Personal, and then select Choose OneDrive folders to sync.
    • Clear the Sync all files and folders in OneDrive check box, then select
      OK.
    • Restart your PC and see if there are improvements within your device.

David Haz, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 Onedrive not syncing and constantly searching for changes

1. Win 10 Onedrive not syncing and constantly searching for changes - Similar Threads - Onedrive syncing constantly

2. Syncing OneDrive Pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing OneDrive Pictures: I’d like to stop OneDrive pictures syncing with my computer. How can I do this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-onedrive-pictures/b6216953-ffac-4c91-954e-8f6d8dfe0cf8
  3. onedrive sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive sync: How can I stop OneDrive pictures syncing with PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync/609276a8-0ef7-4391-aa9e-801e4fe1f1ff"
  4. OneDrive Search

OneDrive Search: I have many folders in my OneDrive. When I open my browser and go to www.OneDrive.com, I see all of my folders (so far so good). In my Music folder (just one of many folders), I would like to search for all .mp3 files. So I open my Music folder, and I enter information in...
  5. OneDrive Won't Sync

OneDrive Won't Sync: Hi, I have 1TB of online storage thanks to Office 365 subscription. I use it on my desktop, laptop, and rarely on my phone (LG G7+), both with OneDrive app and Solid Explorer. I just noticed that my laptop won't sync with my desktop and phone. If I paste files in OneDrive...
  6. OneDrive sync.

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive sync.: I recently had problems with my Surface Pro 4 going haywire, doing all sorts of weird behaviour & I assumed I had a virus from a download or something so wiped my SSD and re-installed Windows. After having done this I found I still had the problem. Upon further investigation,...
  7. Onedrive sync errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive sync errors: I have recently reinstalled a clean install of Windows 10. I am now having sync errors from Onedrive. I have my Onedrive folder on my D Drive asit always has been. Now I get the error message that certain folders or no longer there to sync, even though they are present. It...
  8. OneDrive Syncing!

OneDrive Syncing!: Hi everyone, I have accidentally permanently deleted my one drive folder on my laptop, thankfully my one drive syncing client was closed. How do I securely get my files back on my laptop, without messing up my one drive cloud. Please reply ASAP! P.S. I have around 3 GB...
  9. OneDrive - 2 Files Constantly Being Synced

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive - 2 Files Constantly Being Synced: Hi. I have this annoying issue that I'm hoping someone can help me with. After I recently did a reinstall of Windows 10 I accidently chose in the beginning that OneDrive should synchronize my pictures and documents folders. Once I noticed this I changed the save-path for...
  10. OneDrive Sync

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Sync: Hello Good People, Despite looking around, I don't understand how the sync works. First, is there a master, so to speak. ie does the cloud version mimic the PC files. ie if there is a file on my PC and not on the cloud, will the cloud get updated? An then, if a file gets...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. OneDrive not syncing searching for files