Windows 10: Win 10 Opens With a Superfluous Identity

Discus and support Win 10 Opens With a Superfluous Identity in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows used to open on a screen showing my name, photo, and a place to enter my password. But now a second identity, with my name but not my photo,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Newmaven, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Newmaven Win User

Win 10 Opens With a Superfluous Identity

Windows used to open on a screen showing my name, photo, and a place to enter my password. But now a second identity, with my name but not my photo, shows up first; I don't know the password for that one. Is there a way to delete this identity, or at least get the one with my photo to come up by default?

:)

Newmaven, Sep 24, 2019
  2. Newmaven Win User

Windows used to open on a screen showing my name, photo, and a place to enter my password. But now a second identity, with my name but not my photo, shows up first; I don't know the password for that one. Is there a way to delete this identity, or at least get the one with my photo to come up by default?

Newmaven, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Win 10 Opens With a Superfluous Identity :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 Opens With a Superfluous Identity - Similar Threads - Opens Superfluous Identity

2. I can't open files, they ask for a identity confirmation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open files, they ask for a identity confirmation: I can't open files, they ask for a identity confirmation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-files-they-ask-for-a-identity/487aefba-780d-4688-9f43-01d8b610eedb
  3. Remove superfluous keybaord layout.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove superfluous keybaord layout.: When I press spacebat + windows key to swap keybaord layout which is something I do frequently, I've suddenly got an extra US language keybaord that appears from nowhere and doesn't appear in the menu. How can I get rid of it? It's an extra click and on top of the MANY other...
  4. Remove superfluous keybaord layout.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove superfluous keybaord layout.: When I press spacebat + windows key to swap keybaord layout which is something I do frequently, I've suddenly got an extra US language keybaord that appears from nowhere and doesn't appear in the menu. How can I get rid of it? It's an extra click and on top of the MANY other...
  5. Win 10 wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 wont open: im having trouble with my windows 10, i tried to go to the Recovery environment, but what comes out after the "Please wait" Is just a black screen, I've tried waiting for it for almost an hour and theres nothing. And now, whenever i turn on my computer, it'll say "Preparing...
  6. Eliminating superfluous software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Eliminating superfluous software: With any new version of Windows 10, the amount of software tends to increase and this is now a problem for an Acer Switch One SW1-011 bought in 2017. Today I finally upgraded to version 2004 after all sorts of attempts connecting to external drive, uninstalling Skype, word...
  7. 3D Builder Remove Superfluous "Open" Window

3D Builder Remove Superfluous "Open" Window: When I wish to open a file in Microsoft 3D Builder, I go through the burger menu. I click open and expect to be presented with some kind of File Explorer. "Some kind of File Explorer" is how every other piece of sensible software in the known universe works. Instead, I am...
  8. Superfluous input method in language bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Superfluous input method in language bar: Hello! I've just installed Windows 10 May 2019 Update and encountered the following problem: 3 languages are displayed in the language bar instead of 2 (see the picture below - United Kingdom keyboard is unnecessary). On the other hand I see only 2 languages in the "Language"...
  9. Configuring/Merging Superfluous Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Configuring/Merging Superfluous Account: So, Have this issue that should be resolvable with a simple SQL DELETE statement, but wanted to find out how possible this may be. A while back someone created a Live Account. Then that email became defunct. At the time, in their less than knowledgeable wisdom, they had...
  10. Win 10 apps not opening

Win 10 apps not opening: When trying to open the xbox app or the store app it just blinks on the screen then nothing. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Win 10 14372 54607