Windows 10: Win 10 Opens With a Superfluous Identity

Discus and support Win 10 Opens With a Superfluous Identity in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows used to open on a screen showing my name, photo, and a place to enter my password. But now a second identity, with my name but not my photo,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Newmaven, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Newmaven Win User

Win 10 Opens With a Superfluous Identity

Windows used to open on a screen showing my name, photo, and a place to enter my password. But now a second identity, with my name but not my photo, shows up first; I don't know the password for that one. Is there a way to delete this identity, or at least get the one with my photo to come up by default?

:)

Newmaven, Sep 24, 2019
  2. Newmaven Win User

Windows used to open on a screen showing my name, photo, and a place to enter my password. But now a second identity, with my name but not my photo, shows up first; I don't know the password for that one. Is there a way to delete this identity, or at least get the one with my photo to come up by default?

Newmaven, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Win 10 Opens With a Superfluous Identity :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 Opens With a Superfluous Identity - Similar Threads - Opens Superfluous Identity

2. Identity Check

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Identity Check: On my Win 10 pc I now keep getting this yellow flag to confirm my identity "across all my devices". I don't have any other devices. In order to get rid of this annoying demand ("dismiss" doesn't attract any response) I followed the link provided - ending up on some very...
  3. Superfluous input method in language bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Superfluous input method in language bar: Hello! I've just installed Windows 10 May 2019 Update and encountered the following problem: 3 languages are displayed in the language bar instead of 2 (see the picture below - United Kingdom keyboard is unnecessary). On the other hand I see only 2 languages in the "Language"...
  4. Verify your identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Verify your identity: A while ago I was asked to verify my identity before logging in. Windows sent me a verification code by email, had me change my password, and everything went smoothly. It asked me to verify again today, but I saw an X in the top right corner, so I clicked it because I had...
  5. Configuring/Merging Superfluous Account

Configuring/Merging Superfluous Account: So, Have this issue that should be resolvable with a simple SQL DELETE statement, but wanted to find out how possible this may be. A while back someone created a Live Account. Then that email became defunct. At the time, in their less than knowledgeable wisdom, they had...
  6. Stolen Identity

Stolen Identity: My wallet was stolen I believe it was last Tues. when a tech came to fix my modem. It was close to where he was working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/stolen-identity/6cf1720e-529c-497c-bdca-d0a34df34646"
  7. Confirm identity

Confirm identity: every so often since over last few days my pc keeps asking to confirm im identity and no idea why ive done it like 12 times already anyone know what might cause this 69844
  8. Win 10 apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 apps not opening: When trying to open the xbox app or the store app it just blinks on the screen then nothing. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Win 10 14372 54607
  9. monitor Display Identities.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    monitor Display Identities.: Hi, I have a AMD R9 280 video card. I am running Windows 10. I have a new LG 27" lcd desktop monitor, and a 40" Panasonic plasma wall mounted, for watching movies. Outputs from my vid card are hdmi out to lg, displayport out to hdmi in on my surround sound receiver that is...
  10. Windows 10: Security and Identity Protection for the...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Security and Identity Protection for the...: Windows 10: Security and Identity Protection for the Modern World There’s been so much excitement and energy around the Windows 10 Technical Preview – including incredible momentum around the Windows Insider Program, where we recently hit 1 million total registrants,...