Windows 10: Win 10 Password

Discus and support Win 10 Password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Personal Desktop Computer, Win 10 Home. Live alone, computer in secure room, never had a password to boot up. After latest Win 10 update, keeps asking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PhilipNielsen, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Win 10 Password

Personal Desktop Computer, Win 10 Home. Live alone, computer in secure room, never had a password to boot up. After latest Win 10 update, keeps asking for password. Have tried 3 different suggestion shown on Web, none work, still asks for password Fortunately I remembered my Microsoft Acct. password and got logged on using it. Do not want to have to use a password, any Win 10 experts that can show me how to go back to not having to use one? None of the 3 I tried worked.

Thank You

:)

PhilipNielsen, Nov 18, 2019
  2. Jessen P Win User

Win 10 password

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Save the password in Credential Manager and check. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Credential Manager" and select "Windows Credentials".
    • Go down to "Generic Credentials" and select "MicrosoftAccount:user=<user_name>" (where <user_name> should be your user name).
    • Click "Edit" and Change the password and press "Save".
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Jessen P, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 18, 2019
  4. D_o_S Win User

Win 10 Password

10 most commonly used online passwords

Newlaunches.com has managed to obtain a list of the most commonly used passwords from the upcoming May 8th issue of PC Magazine.

The passwords are below:

1. password
    2. 123456
    3. qwerty
    4. abc123
    5. letmein
    6. monkey
    7. myspace1
    8. password1
    9. blink182
    10. (your first name)

If you are using any of these passwords, it is strongly advised that you change them ASAP.

Source: New Launches

D_o_S, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Password

1. Win 10 Password - Similar Threads - Password

2. My account was hacked and they instantly changed the email and password and unlinked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account was hacked and they instantly changed the email and password and unlinked...: I really need help with this and support wants me to sign in to my account but my account had its email and password changed I’m still logged in to it on my phone and can see the email is some crazy .ru name...
  3. My account was hacked and they instantly changed the email and password and unlinked...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My account was hacked and they instantly changed the email and password and unlinked...: I really need help with this and support wants me to sign in to my account but my account had its email and password changed I’m still logged in to it on my phone and can see the email is some crazy .ru name...
  4. My account was hacked and they instantly changed the email and password and unlinked...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and asking for password can't pass this starting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and asking for password can't pass this starting...: evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and keep asking the password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/evoo-laptop-starts-in-american-mega-trends-and/43371f2f-1303-49a2-91a7-15f4b5b7730a
  6. evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and asking for password can't pass this starting...

evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and asking for password can't pass this starting...: evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and keep asking the password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/evoo-laptop-starts-in-american-mega-trends-and/43371f2f-1303-49a2-91a7-15f4b5b7730a
  7. evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and asking for password can't pass this starting...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Why do my passwords keep disappearing when I turn off computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my passwords keep disappearing when I turn off computer?: I have 3 browsers. Edge, Firefox, and Chrome. All three require me to enter my password at sites like Amazon and go through a 2-step verification. Or when I have to sign in using Google, I have to use my cell phone to ID myself.It's a lot of annoyance and never happened...
  9. Why do my passwords keep disappearing when I turn off computer?

Why do my passwords keep disappearing when I turn off computer?: I have 3 browsers. Edge, Firefox, and Chrome. All three require me to enter my password at sites like Amazon and go through a 2-step verification. Or when I have to sign in using Google, I have to use my cell phone to ID myself.It's a lot of annoyance and never happened...
  10. Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome

Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome: Whenever I try to look at any of my passwords in the Chrome password manager, I get a Windows Security popup that forces me to type in my password before looking at any of my other ones. I have tried everything I can possibly think of to disable this feature, including...