Windows 10: win 10 PC after Reset, fails to recognize USB devices

Discus and support win 10 PC after Reset, fails to recognize USB devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a fairly old HP PC, I did a Reset on it and now when I plug in various USB devices they are not recognized (although they are on another WIN 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidHLord, Dec 26, 2018.

1. win 10 PC after Reset, fails to recognize USB devices

I have a fairly old HP PC, I did a Reset on it and now when I plug in various USB devices they are not recognized (although they are on another WIN 10 PC)

I tried to get Drivers from HP but they say they no longer provide them for my PC model.

What makes matters worse the mouse is not working although strangely the keyboard is. In the Device Manager I don't see "Mouse or other pointing devices". So all the advices that start with go to the Device Manager and then select "Mouse or other pointing devices" are no help.

So please help

Thanks

:)

DavidHLord, Dec 26, 2018

2. Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, Dec 26, 2018
  3. VMware-usb storage device not recognized

Hello,

I'm running Windows XP in Workstation Player on a Windows 10 laptop.

My USB CD/DVD drive is able to mount in the Player. So is a flash drive.

My Western Digital ssd (My Passport Ultra) is listed in "Removable devices", but fails to mount, giving this error:

win 10 PC after Reset, fails to recognize USB devices [​IMG]

In the Virtual Machine settings, the USB controller is using usb 2.0.

The WD ssd is compatible with usb 3.0 and 2.0, and is supported by Windows XP. My desktop computer running Win XP has no problem mounting the drive.

The device manager in virtual Win XP shows it as an "unknown device."

I've read everything I can find on the problem, and tried a number of suggestions from the knowledge base at VMware as well as solutions via google searches.

Perhaps the WD ssd just won't work on the free version of VM Workstation Player (v. 14).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul Bacon, Dec 26, 2018
  4. win 10 PC after Reset, fails to recognize USB devices

USB device not recognized spam

Hi Kyle,

You may receive this error if one of your USB connected devices is not properly recognized by the system. Let's try the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Krishna Prasobh V on this
    thread

In addition, we suggest that you turn off the notifications from the USB by following these steps:

• Open Settings by typing "settings" in Cortana's search box.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Locate USB and toggle the switch to Off.
    Keep us updated with the status of your concern and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Katrina Men, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

win 10 PC after Reset, fails to recognize USB devices

1. win 10 PC after Reset, fails to recognize USB devices - Similar Threads - Reset fails recognize

2. USB devices not recognized after KB5025239

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB devices not recognized after KB5025239: After installing KB5025239 yesterday, my laptop lenovo T495 doesn't recognize USB devices anymore, i.e. the device does not show up and the power led on it doesn't light up.Other USB devices don't work either.For some reason, I am unable to uninstall this update.How can I...
  3. USB devices not recognized after KB5025239

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB devices not recognized after KB5025239: After installing KB5025239 yesterday, my laptop lenovo T495 doesn't recognize USB devices anymore, i.e. the device does not show up and the power led on it doesn't light up.Other USB devices don't work either.For some reason, I am unable to uninstall this update.How can I...
  4. USB device not recognized, unknown USB device port reset failed but everything is working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognized, unknown USB device port reset failed but everything is working...: Two days ago, I spilled water on my laptop. I got it repaired yesterday and everything is working fine except for a constant reoccurring "USB device not recognized" notification even though nothing is plugged in both my USB ports.I didn't think much of it since both USB ports...
  5. USB device not recognized, unknown USB device port reset failed but everything is working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized, unknown USB device port reset failed but everything is working...: Two days ago, I spilled water on my laptop. I got it repaired yesterday and everything is working fine except for a constant reoccurring "USB device not recognized" notification even though nothing is plugged in both my USB ports.I didn't think much of it since both USB ports...
  6. USB Device Not Recognized / Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Device Not Recognized / Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed: Hello!I have been using an Xbox 360 controller on my Windows 10 Laptop for several months. However, recently my device keeps saying it cannot be recognized, this happens even while in the middle of using the controller. The problem has been fixed from time to time but keeps...
  7. Win 10 Lenovo 430s Fails To Recognize Any USB

Win 10 Lenovo 430s Fails To Recognize Any USB: I updated win 10 using KB4592438 for Dec 8 and created a new recovery drive. My USB's are now stuck on the recovery drive USB and will not recognize any other USB. I've tried the posted suggestions and nothing has worked. Suggestions?...
  8. PC cannot recognize USB devices

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC cannot recognize USB devices: My computer cannot see USB devices. I receive a message that ‘USB devices not recognized (Windows 10)’. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-cannot-recognize-usb-devices/fc095565-f54f-4694-806e-7ff6f9c4a40b
  9. "USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed" but ...

"USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed" but ...: Hi, I sporadically gets the "USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed"; however, while I have 6 USB devices connected, none of them seem to be the cause of the error. When I use devmgmt.msc to get the Hardware Ids, the value is simply...
  10. USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed

USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed: When my girlfriend connects external USB device to any of the USB ports on Windows 10 Home she gets message: USB Device Not Recognized. She can not charge USB device via USB port. I went to device manager and under USB Controllers I see following: Unknown USB Device (...