Windows 10: WIn 10 PC makes frequent USB Install tones

Discus and support WIn 10 PC makes frequent USB Install tones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Patriot 256GB flash drive. If I leave it in, my PC will make frequent pinging sounds, the same sounds that I hear when I first insert the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by geo111, May 9, 2016.

1. geo111 Win User

WIn 10 PC makes frequent USB Install tones

I have a Patriot 256GB flash drive. If I leave it in, my PC will make frequent pinging sounds, the same sounds that I hear when I first insert the flash drive. Does anyone know why this happens, is there a setting that I need to shut off?

:)

geo111, May 9, 2016

2. IMPORTANT: Reinstalling Windows to force Remix OS's GRUB bootloader off the PC

I had the same problem but with Ubuntu

so to fix go on a different pc download this win 10 installer make a win 10 boot drive. on the bad pc put the usb in. right after pressing the power
    button press F12 to bring up boot menu select usb device and insall new win 10 copy

MarkManning_939, May 9, 2016
  3. '()# Win User
    Connected USB Drive causes beep sound continuously on Windows 10

Old title: USB Drive cause beep

I have an issue with any USB Drive that is installed. After plugging in any USB drive the PC will start to beep after a while the beeping will change to a constant tone. Unplugging the USB Drive will not stop the tone or even restarting the pc will not
    stop the tone. The only way I have found to stop the tone is to CRASH the PC by turning off the power at the Power Point while the PC is still running.

To me it seem that there is some issue in a Registry some where.

How is problem Corrected.

Thanks

Neal....

'()#, May 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Dodgy connection? Try it in a different USB port. You could try copying a large file from it and see if the copy operation fails when you hear the sound.

dalchina, May 9, 2016
  5. It may also mean you need to find updated USB chipset drivers. I had to do that on a new PC I buily for my in-laws. Same behavior and that was the fix.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WIn 10 PC makes frequent USB Install tones - Similar Threads - makes frequent USB

2. Can't seem to make a USB Win 10 installer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't seem to make a USB Win 10 installer: So I and my stupid adventures nature decided to try linux. Now I can't seem to get Windows back on my laptop. I download the media creation tool like Microsoft says, but it wants to install on my other laptop instead! My second laptop is running Windows and its the one I'm...
  3. to make recovery drive usb win 10 for another pc

to make recovery drive usb win 10 for another pc: to make recovery drive usb win 10 for another pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-make-recovery-drive-usb-win-10-for-another-pc/ba23bd5d-1dda-418a-8f41-5e4263218494
  4. Can't seem to make a USB Win 10 installer

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't seem to make a USB Win 10 installer: So I and my stupid adventures nature decided to try linux. Now I can't seem to get Windows back on my laptop. I download the media creation tool like Microsoft says, but it wants to install on my other laptop instead! My second laptop is running Windows and its the one I'm...
  5. new install of Win 10 with USB

new install of Win 10 with USB: About ready to start a new build. I've already purchased my Win 10 OS. Should I use this after I finish the build or create a Win !0 installation USB with the key I have from the computer I'm using now. Also, any certain YouTube I should use if I go the USB route? Thank...
  6. Make bootable USB drive for Win 10

Make bootable USB drive for Win 10: Task is simple: Making a bootable USB drive with Windows 10 Education - English - 1909 version The hardware I want to use is a Zenbook 14-UX433FA with Endless OS installed (seems a linux distro, never heard of it before) The PC I am working at right now is a Desktop with...
  7. usb install win 10 home

usb install win 10 home: Hello I am looking at doing a new / fresh install of windows 10 onto my precision T3500 from a usb drive. Does the install usb purchased from microsoft / amazon have the digital key / product key for activation on it ? Will i have to pay extra to get activation if i use a...
  8. WIN 10 usb installation

WIN 10 usb installation: Hi, I regret having no option but to install Win crappy 10, as I have no luck doing so. Built up a new Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7, Amd Ryzen 2700X combo.. I insert my newly bought Win 10 64 bit usb into one of the slots, boot up the pc and set boot priority to UEFI: and...
  9. To make recovery drive (USB) win 10 for another PC

To make recovery drive (USB) win 10 for another PC: Compliments! I have LG H160 Tablet Atom 1.7 Ghz with 2 Gb RAM, 32 Bit system. Windows 8.1 was installed in it. on an update, it was creating problem. Then I installed Win 10 32 Bit Version 1703. On an upgrade it became unresponsive. I tried to reset, restore it. but it...
  10. Win 10 USB Install Failing

Win 10 USB Install Failing: Before I start, I just want to say that I've looked everywhere that I could to find the answer, but I can't find anything. Hi! My name is Noah, and I upgraded to Windows 10 earlier this year. I haven't been using my computer basically at all over the summer, and when I...