Windows 10: Win 10 PCs, some with homegroup some partially without

Discus and support Win 10 PCs, some with homegroup some partially without in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro PC used as server. Home Group partially removed (by a forced win 10 update) from services and network menus. Yet, When right clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cos_, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Cos_ Win User

Win 10 PCs, some with homegroup some partially without

Win 10 Pro PC used as server. Home Group partially removed (by a forced win 10 update) from services and network menus. Yet, When right clicking folder (docs, music, pics, et) / Give access to...Home Group is still listed. PC does not appear to still be in homegroup. It appears update only partially removed the homegroup function.

Two other Win 10 PCs on same ethernet. Both with Home group. For some reason the update to remove it did not run?

Can not get one partially without homegroup to even see one of ones with home group (see's one not other).

Neither PC with homegroup is able to access anything on the one used as server, which has no home group in services area or network menus, but claims to have home group when I right click folders to give access to.

How do I get server to allow access to other two PCs?

Server has no password and password protected sharing is off. One PC with homegroup is signed in with Microsoft account. I would like to get that off and have it with a user with no password (like other two).

I've read dozens or articles, nothing works.

Anyway to get home group back on one it has been partially removed from?

Also one drive is ****, no way to set up a sync, when manually uploading it often does folders but not their contents.

How did Microsoft screw this up so bad?

:)

Cos_, Nov 8, 2019

2. Win 10 and Homegroup - No longer detects a homegroup

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to understand the issue better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• How did you receive the BIOS update? Because, procedures vary depending on the BIOS manufacturer.
    • Do you have a System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?
    • Did you check if recreating the Homegroup helps to make a positive impact on the issue?

HomeGroup from start to finish (Applies
      to Windows 10 as well)
    • Do you mean reinstallation of Windows 10 when you say 'reloaded Win10'?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check whether the network discovery is turned to on all the devices.

Follow the below steps.

Step 1: Type network in the search box and choose
    Network and Sharing Center in the list to open it.

Step 2: Select Change advanced sharing settings to move on.

Step 3: Choose Turn on network discovery or
    Turn off network discovery
    in the settings, and tap Save changes.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 8, 2019
  3. File Sharing between homegroup computers using Win 10 and Win 7

None of he suggestions offered have solved he problem. However, I found out why I was not able to see the Window 7 PC folders on my Win 10 laptop. It was all related to the difference in how you find a computers on a homegroup. As it turns out, the
    Windows 10 menu structure for getting to the Network is different between the Win 7 and Win 10 operating systems. The homegroup computers can be seen on the Win 7 buy going to Network and File Sharing on the Control Panel and by clicking on the the House
    Icon between the Win 7 PC icon and the Internet Icon. These icons are not part of the Network and File Sharing menu on Win 10. Instead, the homegroup computers can be found on the Network icon under the Computer Menu on Win 10 computers. Once I found Win
    7 listed under the Network Icon on the Win 10 computer I was able to access all of the shared folders on the Win 7 PC.

shortimer831, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Win 10 PCs, some with homegroup some partially without

HomeGroup not working in Win 10

Hello Donald,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Now, in order for the HomeGroup networking feature to be working, there are certain Windows services that need to be enabled and running. If you used a program to disable services or manually disabled them, it may be causing the problem.

The services that need to be turned on are listed below:

• DNS Client
    • Function Discovery Provider Host
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication
    • Peer Networking Grouping
    • HomeGroup Provider
    • HomeGroup Listener
    • SSDP Discovery
    • UPnP Device Host
    You can turn on the services by pressing
    Windows key + R, type
    services.msc and hit enter now try clicking on
    Services

Follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

I suggest you to check whether the network discovery is turned to on all the devices.

Follow the below steps.

Step 1: Type network in the search box and choose
    Network and Sharing Center in the list to open it.

Step 2: Select Change advanced sharing settings to move on.

Step 3: Choose Turn on network discovery or
    Turn off network discovery
    in the settings, and tap Save changes.

Method 2

There might be chances where firewall blocking the access and visibility of the PC. Try with the below mentioned command and see if it makes any difference.

• Press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt(Admin) from the context menu
    • Type or copy paste the below command into command prompt and hit enter key.

netsh advfirewall reset
    • Exit the command prompt. Reboot your PC and see if the problem still appears.

Additionally, temporarily disable any firewall/antivirus software installed in your computer to check if it is blocking any incoming/outgoing connections.

Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as
    you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Also refer to the below link and check if it helps.

HomeGroup from start to finish

Note: Applies to windows 10 as well.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to HomeGroup in Windows 10, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 PCs, some with homegroup some partially without

1. Win 10 PCs, some with homegroup some partially without - Similar Threads - PCs homegroup partially

2. anyway to encrypt some files/ usb without buying win 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    anyway to encrypt some files/ usb without buying win 10 pro?: i know there are other software to do this but idk which to use that are free or if there is a way to make win10 home do it submitted by /u/LachoooDaOriginl [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13utbkp/anyway_to_encrypt_some_files_usb_without_buying/
  3. some text is not showing on win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    some text is not showing on win 10: I have a Dell laptop and some of the text is not showing, i cant see any text on task manager and the text i type on run is invisible with the textbox being very short. any help will be appreciated :) 171487
  4. Some network PCs not seeing each other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some network PCs not seeing each other: I have 5 PCs on my network, all running Windows10. Some are connected to the router by ethernet, others by wifi: it doesn't seem to matter which. A, B and C can see all 5 including themselves. Both D and E can only see B and D. What could be stopping them seeing all five?...
  5. Windows 10 latest update is wrecking PCs for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 latest update is wrecking PCs for some users: Windows Updates have a dreadful track record of late, with almost every single update causing users some serious problems. There are multiple reports on Microsoft’s forums, our comment section, and Feedback Hub from people complaining about a range of issues after applying...
  6. Windows 10 latest update crashes PCs for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 latest update crashes PCs for some users: If you check for updates and install February optional updates, you could experience system crashes and other issues including a bug that causes graphics card to disappear. As per reports from users, Windows 10 KB4535996 crashes some computers and it leads to performance...
  7. Some PCs are not discoverable on the domain network

Some PCs are not discoverable on the domain network: Some of the PCs at work are defining the network as "Domain Network". These PCs are neither discovering the other PCs on the same network, nor they are discoverable to the other PCs. On the other hand, some other PCs are defining the same domain network as "Private Network",...
  8. Some PCs are not discoverable on the domain network

Some PCs are not discoverable on the domain network: Some of the PCs at work are defining the network as "Domain Network". These PCs are neither discovering the other PCs on the same network, nor they are discoverable to the other PCs. On the other hand, some other PCs are defining the same domain network as "Private Network",...
  9. Windows 10 KB4103727 fails to install on some PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4103727 fails to install on some PCs: Microsoft recently released new cumulative updates for all supported versions of Windows 10. While the cumulative updates are supposed to fix bugs, it appears to be causing headaches for users. KB4103721 for Windows 10 version 1803 broked some PCs and it appears that the...
  10. Some questions about Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Some questions about Win 10: I have Win 10 Home Single Language installed. There's a new Insider Preview build v 10565 available and Treshold 2 is coming out in November. Is there ever going to be a final version of Win 10. I've also read that MS will be coming out with "Redstone" next year. Will that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. missing homegroup windows 10