Windows 10: win 10 people app drops out on start

Discus and support win 10 people app drops out on start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; OS win-10 eval copy build 17744.rs55_release.180818-1845 when I open people app, I see setup page for 2 secs, then it drops out no error code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jan Rifkinson, Sep 8, 2018.

1. win 10 people app drops out on start

OS win-10 eval copy build 17744.rs55_release.180818-1845

when I open people app, I see setup page for 2 secs, then it drops out

no error code

looking at people app, it indicates 0 bytes which may explain dropout

I reset app w/o change

Store indicates app is installed & there are no updates for it

how do I fix this problem?

:)

Jan Rifkinson, Sep 8, 2018
  2. dscanlon Win User

Issue with People app

I'm running a clean install of Win 10, less than a week old, and I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the People app.

When I'm in Mail, I can see a contact's details by clicking on the "Open Contact" option from within the message. This opens the People app. So far so good.

However, this seems to be the only way I can access People. There's no obvious way to access it otherwise from mail, it's not listed in "All apps": also, when the People app is open, it has no icon in the taskbar - just an empty space where the icon should be (I can grab this anti-icon and move it around the taskbar).

Any suggestions welcome...

dscanlon, Sep 8, 2018
  3. How to find People app in Windows 10.

Hi Long,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will help you in resolving your issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a question related to the query:

• Are you not able to find People app on your PC?

Method 1:

Step 1:Check if People app tile is showing on the Start menu
    by pressing Start key on keyboard

Step 2: If it is not displayed, then I suggest you to check using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Press Start key on the keyboard and type People.
    • Select the top most search result.

Step 3: You can also check in All settings from start menu by following the steps below:

• Press Start key on the keyboard and click on All settings option from the bottom left corner of the window.
    • Check if People app is listed under alphabet P.

Method 2: If you do not find it in PC, you can download
    People app
    from the Windows Store by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key on the keyboard and type Windows Store.
    • Select the top most search result.
    • Type People in the search and download the
      People
      app.

Get back to us with the answer to the above question to assist you further on this query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure that we assist you accordingly.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 8, 2018
  4. win 10 people app drops out on start

How to find People app in Windows 10.

This HP computer I just bought with ten on it does not have the people app. It is not in the tiles, or the see all apps or found on the hard drive. Thank you for your help. Every search I did to find it with search engines only showed me how to use it.

how do you make a search engine search for what you are looking for?

goat_driver, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

win 10 people app drops out on start

1. win 10 people app drops out on start - Similar Threads - app drops start

2. WIN 11 Photos App PEOPLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN 11 Photos App PEOPLE: I've been using the PHOTOS App, specifically the PEOPLE segment to identify family member groups of digital photos, and just in case others have struggled with the following topic, I thought I would post my most recent observations:To date, I have not discovered a way of...
  3. WIN 11 Photos App PEOPLE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN 11 Photos App PEOPLE: I've been using the PHOTOS App, specifically the PEOPLE segment to identify family member groups of digital photos, and just in case others have struggled with the following topic, I thought I would post my most recent observations:To date, I have not discovered a way of...
  4. Win 10 started dropping internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 started dropping internet connection: This just started happening. My PC is connected to the router via network cable. I have the power option to the max and have the settings under the NIC to not allow PC to put to sleep. Not sure what else to do. When it happens I have tried to use ipconfig to release all...
  5. Win 10 WiFi Keeps Dropping Out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 WiFi Keeps Dropping Out: Hi, I have my desktop PC running Win 10 1909, which is connected to my home wifi network. The problem I have is that the connection between the PC and the router keeps dropping out - some days it is okay, but other days it has done it over 30 times. There is a temporary...
  6. Issue with Win 10 Mail and People App

Issue with Win 10 Mail and People App: Hi all, I have recently switched to Win 10 Mail, once you understand how it works it is not too bad, but it is a steep learning curve if you are used to Windows Live Mail. I had two Microsoft Mail accounts, Live.com and Outlook.com, both with different contact lists. To...
  7. Win 10 Mail drops out

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 Mail drops out: Hi, my mail app drops out when I select an email to view or try to write a new email. Regards Herman 67790
  8. Win 10 Users - Wont sign people out

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 Users - Wont sign people out: Win 10 is now refusing to sign people out. I have three users on my pc, and each one cannot sign out, when changing users. Anybody got any ideas on why, has it been a recent upgrade? Its only been doing this this week. *Mad 75267
  9. People app and keeping Skype out of it?

People app and keeping Skype out of it?: I noted on all our user accounts there was some duplication of contacts. I can link them to appear as one (as right clicking these doesn’t give a delet option) but it’s annoying to see three entries of which two have no detail other than just a name. From what I can see Skype...
  10. Data lost on Win 10 people app

Data lost on Win 10 people app: Having spent hours loading up all my data to the people app, I find when I opened it yesterday, all my data is gone! Can this be restored? Are there any other apps available I can use that may be more reliable than this app? 81086