Windows 10: Win 10 performance, stability & system corruption issues

Discus and support Win 10 performance, stability & system corruption issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Hopefully the topic header is correctly described ^^" I'm facing an issue currently which involves different .dll files latest one being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by koosha-, Mar 30, 2021.

1. koosha- Win User

Win 10 performance, stability & system corruption issues

Hi,

Hopefully the topic header is correctly described ^^"

I'm facing an issue currently which involves different .dll files latest one being gdi32full.dll..sorry don't remember the rest as there's a different one each time, popping up at different times:

e.g. trying to start up game launchers problem started with Steam being not able to start; now I can't get the others to start as well

Other problems:

Settings, windows update settings, windows security can't be started up when I try to launch any of these it's slow so I checked the task manager and saw its status being suspended. There are other processes being suspended as well Windows Shell experience host; those that I didn't stop or disable CMD is still able to run though. Other apps though not many of them; like Paint is able to run. Sketchbook was able to run yesterday but not today.

I don't know what's happening but can't help thinking that maybe it's because:

1 I tinkered with nvidia settings when I installed another driver, edited nvidia control panel and disabling some stuff like telemetry as my PC was slowing down and I wanted to optimize it.

2 last I checked there was a recent failed windows update.

I ran sfc, dism, chkdsk and completed alright but problem persisted. Each time randomly the PC is fixed or repaired, sometimes there'll be a prompt to scan drive or something, and they won't stop although I already scanned/repaired many times. I tried to reset my pc but each time it won't happen because there was some error or something and nothing's been changed as a result. So now, I'm really helpless and running a defrag and deep scanantivirus to see if anything helps.

Please advise! oh also, I don't have a startup/windows installer disc since my PC didn't come with one when I bought it.

Thanks very much!

:)

koosha-, Mar 30, 2021
  2. Jessen P Win User

Issues after Win 10 Upgrade

Hi Janet,

Since there are so may issues that have occurred in the computer which are related to performance issues and also due to some corruption with the system files. I would first request you to execute the System Maintenance troubleshooter along with the SFC
    scan and then check if the issue gets resolved.

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption the
    sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

System file check works on Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1, and win 10.

I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to run SFC scan on your computer.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Please revert if you face any issues with the performance issue.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Mar 30, 2021
  3. System performance issue on Windows 10.

Hi Sandy,

The above issue might occur due to presence of virus/malware content or if the system files and folders are missing or corrupted on the computer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you facing the above issue since upgrading to Windows 10?
    • If recent, did you make any system changes?
    • When exactly are you facing the above issue?

Method 1: Run System Maintenance troubleshooter by following the steps below and check for the status of the computer behavior. System freezes and other irregular behaviors is mostly caused due to the
    unwanted/unused files retained in the PC.

System Maintenance troubleshooter will find and clean up unused files and shortcuts present on the system and perform maintenance tasks which will enhance the performance of the PC.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Select View all from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • After the troubleshooting is completed, check the status for any missing system components on the computer.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: Scan the PC for the presence of virus/malware by running the antivirus security software. Run the antivirus security software twice to detect and confirm the presence of malware/virus on your PC. Check for the
    status of the scan to view the presence of virus/malware.

Method 3: Run SFC scan and
    DISM scan by following the steps below and check if the issue is caused due to any of the missing or corrupted app files and folders on the computer.

SFC scan is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected. For example, some Windows functions may not work, or Windows may crash.

Windows corruption errors may prevent Windows updates and service packs from installing. For example, an update might not install if a system file is damaged. The
    DISM scan or System Update Readiness tool may help you to fix some Windows corruption errors.

Step 1: Open an Administrator command prompt
    window by

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command Prompt (Admin) option.
    • Click on Yes and continue. Provide administrator password if prompted.
    • Check if it says Administrator: Command Prompt at the top of the command prompt window.

Step 2: Type the following commands in the
    CMD Prompt:

Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Step 3: Close the command window and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of system performance issue experienced on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Win 10 performance, stability & system corruption issues

Wireless Mouse Causes System to crash and other issues.

It seems that some system files are corrupted. We suggest performing SFC scan to repair corrupted system files. Just follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Command Prompt(Admin).
    • On the Command Prompt, type sfc/scannow and press Enter.

If the issue persists, we suggest performing a clean boot
    on your device.

Let us know how it goes.

Justine Pel, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 performance, stability & system corruption issues

1. Win 10 performance, stability & system corruption issues - Similar Threads - performance stability system

2. System Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Performance Issues: Hello there! Please, I need technical help with my laptop computer. It was 5 days ago I last used my computer, and it was working properly then. However, I've been having difficulty using today. I power on the system, and attempt to login, but my keyboard doesn't enter the...
  3. System Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Performance Issues: Hello there! Please, I need technical help with my laptop computer. It was 5 days ago I last used my computer, and it was working properly then. However, I've been having difficulty using today. I power on the system, and attempt to login, but my keyboard doesn't enter the...
  4. System Performance Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. WIN 10 Pro Stability

WIN 10 Pro Stability: Hello, I am concerned about the Stability of my current System, in two areas.Firstly I have Defender as my Anti Virus Protection and MalwareBytes Premium for Malware - this has always been a sound combination.BUT, over the last two months, due to system instability, I have...
  6. WIN 10 Pro Stability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN 10 Pro Stability: Hello, I am concerned about the Stability of my current System, in two areas.Firstly I have Defender as my Anti Virus Protection and MalwareBytes Premium for Malware - this has always been a sound combination.BUT, over the last two months, due to system instability, I have...
  7. WIN 10 Pro Stability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Troubleshooting home network stability and performance

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Troubleshooting home network stability and performance: My home network has been having intermittent outages for the past couple of weeks. Comcast/Xfinity support says their service has not had any known disruption. My network consists of a Netgear Nighthawk CM1150V DOCSIS 3.1 modem connected to Comcast Cable service feeding an...
  9. Performance and system issues

Performance and system issues: Hi On my Windows 10 Everytime i install a program. my system file storage seems to accumulate so much space that it leaves hardly anything. is this a microsoft bug that needs to be fixed?? The system files on installation are ~9GB and on any kind of installation ~15GB...
  10. Stability Issues With 5G WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stability Issues With 5G WiFi: I've been having recent issues with connectivity with my PC. New PC, new WiFi 6 adapter only about 4 months, but only the past week have I had this issue. I've been connected since I built this PC to my 5G WiFi faster download/upload, better connection in games, and the...