Windows 10: Win 10 Photo App Collections has incorrect date format

Discus and support Win 10 Photo App Collections has incorrect date format in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Default date inside Win 10 photo app is backwards. Photo app Collections where all photos are shows month of May 2021 and below that 01/05 - 30/05... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by psmarin, Jun 8, 2021.

1. psmarin Win User

Win 10 Photo App Collections has incorrect date format

Default date inside Win 10 photo app is backwards. Photo app Collections where all photos are shows month of May 2021 and below that 01/05 - 30/05 instead of 05/01-05/30 USA date style. PC date is correct format. How to change Photo App to correct date format?

:)

psmarin, Jun 8, 2021

2. Photos app dates

In the windows photo app is there a way to manually change the dates of photos imported? Changing the date settings on devices does not help, all the photos I import are listed with wrong dates by several years. Very frustrating!

I understand that the device I am importing photos from is probably to blame for the incorrect date, what I am looking for is a way to correct this manually from within the app itself.

My photo collection is now chaos and I am forced to keep a mud map on paper of when the photos were actually taken, in the hope of finding a way to correct this here.

Please help! thanks.

SaintSimon, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Seeing incorrect photo dates in Photos app

Hi christopherfagan,

As a first step in investigating this further, I'd like to take a closer look at one of the files that this is happening to. Can you reply back with a screenshot of the file info? I've provided steps below for how to capture the information for us.

• Open File Explorer (Start > File Explorer)

• In the navigation bar, type “Libraries\Pictures” without the quotations.

Win 10 Photo App Collections has incorrect date format 16859234-7567-445a-9375-b3b6020791aa.png

• Search for the filename of one of the images that has the incorrect date.

• Right-click on the columns (Name, Date), and ensure that the Date, Date taken, and Date created columns are checked

Win 10 Photo App Collections has incorrect date format e54952b4-c313-4808-818c-aeba8f2a58fa.png

• Take a screenshot of the result with the Date, Date taken, and Date created columns visible. It should look like this:

Win 10 Photo App Collections has incorrect date format cf61bdb4-dbfb-45e3-be1e-882c06db94c9.png

• Also check the File Properties of the image

• Right-click the image and select Properties.

• Switch to the Details tab.

• Let us know the Date taken, Date created, and Date modified.

Adam A (Windows), Jun 8, 2021
  4. DR Tucker Win User

Windows 10 Date Format

Hi,

Yep, I have done that, but ALL my files, documents etc; are now showing in the American format so appear in the incorrect date sequence in my folders.

DR Tucker, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Win 10 Photo App Collections has incorrect date format - Similar Threads - Photo App Collections

2. Photos app is importing iPhone photos with incorrect date and time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app is importing iPhone photos with incorrect date and time: I recently saw a message in the Photos app that MS was making some changes to the app. Today I launched the app and a message I had never seen before asked me if I wish to keep some data that was not being used or delete it. I clicked on 'keep it' and then tried to import...
  3. Photos app is importing iPhone photos with incorrect date and time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app is importing iPhone photos with incorrect date and time: I recently saw a message in the Photos app that MS was making some changes to the app. Today I launched the app and a message I had never seen before asked me if I wish to keep some data that was not being used or delete it. I clicked on 'keep it' and then tried to import...
  4. Downloaded photo "date taken" incorrect in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded photo "date taken" incorrect in Windows 10: I have downloaded thousands of pictures from Google Photos. The pictures have correct metadata in Google Photos, including "date taken", for all photos.However, in WIndows 10, the "data taken" for photos sent to me by others has been changed to the download date. The "date...
  5. Downloaded photo "date taken" incorrect in Windows 10

Downloaded photo "date taken" incorrect in Windows 10: I have downloaded thousands of pictures from Google Photos. The pictures have correct metadata in Google Photos, including "date taken", for all photos.However, in WIndows 10, the "data taken" for photos sent to me by others has been changed to the download date. The "date...
  6. Downloaded photo "date taken" incorrect in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Photo App "Collection" shows no photos in HEIC format

Photo App "Collection" shows no photos in HEIC format: Even though I can view HEIC-picture with the Windows 10 photos app and I can view next and previous HEIC-pictures, but if I click on "Collection / all pictures" in the Photo app button top left it shows no HEIC-pictures only other picture formates...
  8. Dates of photos and videos on Windows 10 Collection issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dates of photos and videos on Windows 10 Collection issue: I recently imported some new pictures and videos from another computer and when I did my computer automatically put the current date on the photos instead of the dates photos were taken. I right clicked on the photos or videos to change the date and did so, but the dates did...
  9. Incorrect date format - on Lock Screen only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect date format - on Lock Screen only: My Region is set to Canada, and Language is set to English. In Settings, the Date and Time format correctly summarizes how the various date formats should appear. Long date should appear as: Thursday, August 23, 2018. This is how it appears on the desktop taskbar. However...
  10. Windows 10 photo app incorrect dating of folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 photo app incorrect dating of folders: Hi there. I see various other posts of a similar nature. I'll try to explain the problem I'm having and post a screen shot to help illustrate. The issue is this. I have photos and videos on a Canon Camera which I have imported using windows 10 app: Photos, but some of the...