Windows 10: Win 10 photos app crashes

Discus and support Win 10 photos app crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sometimes while editing a pic Photos will crash without bringing down Win 10. But sometimes it causes Win 10 to crash and restart. What is up?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TGeorge111, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Win 10 photos app crashes

Sometimes while editing a pic Photos will crash without bringing down Win 10. But sometimes it causes Win 10 to crash and restart.

What is up?

Thanks,

Terry

:)

TGeorge111, Sep 20, 2018
  2. abn505 Win User

Photo App Crashes

The latest Microsoft update on 8/28/2015 fixed the crashing problem.

abn505, Sep 20, 2018
  3. ben201 Win User
    Windows Photos App crashes

So since today my Photos App is crashing as soon as i open it. It goes into a blackscreen for about 2-3 Seconds and than crashes.

Information about the error:
    This Crash is generating chrash dumps that contain the error code 0xC0000602 in module mrt100_app.dll or 0xc000027b in module twinapi.appcore.dll.

I found two intresting facts about the error:
    - If I try a system restore to a point created 3 days ago, the App starts working again. A few minutes after using the system, the app starts crashing again.
    - I created a new local account and the app does seem to work on that new account until now.

Steps I have tried:
    - Reinstall Photos app by uninstalling it using Powershell and rerisntalling it - did not change anything
    - Reregister the App - did not change anything
    - Scan the System with sfc and dism - no errors
    - Use System resstore - see above, did only work for a few minutes.

Microsoft Support suggested reinstalling Windows, but I do non really want to reinstall the whole system just because one app is not working...

ben201, Sep 20, 2018
  4. lxROKxl Win User

Win 10 photos app crashes

Windows 10 Photos App crashing when in the edit menu

Hello everyone!
    Just recently (within the week) my Photos Application has started crashing

Win 10 photos app crashes [​IMG]

This happens most often when I'm in the editing menu

Sometimes it crashes on startup - Sometimes when I enter the Editing Menu - Sometimes when I attempt to edit

Things I've attempted to do to fix

• Uninstall and reinstall the app
    • Contact Microsoft Support (cringe)
    • sfc /scannow
    • Restore Libraries to default
    • Created another local account
    • Clear the app cache
    • Check disk health (extremely healthy)
    • Add a Microsoft Account / Connect a Microsoft account
    • Put photos in a different folder / drive
    • The system Troubleshooter.

NOTHING HAS WORKED

Possible Causes .
    • My photos are located on another disk Win 10 photos app crashes :)G) - I have an SSD (128GB) for boot - A 1TB regular drive for Programs and another 1 TB drive for documents/photos/etc.

I've followed every guide possible and still nothing has worked. I need some serious help *Mad
    So strange how it just started happening, Please help, any suggestions are appreciated as this is a major headache for me!

lxROKxl, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 photos app crashes

1. Win 10 photos app crashes - Similar Threads - photos app crashes

2. NO PHOTOS APP IN WIN 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO PHOTOS APP IN WIN 10: After reinstalling Win 10, there is no PHOTOS app. Is there a way to recover it, or is it no longer available? If not, can you suggest a safe app for viewing and editing my photos?...
  3. NO PHOTOS APP IN WIN 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO PHOTOS APP IN WIN 10: After reinstalling Win 10, there is no PHOTOS app. Is there a way to recover it, or is it no longer available? If not, can you suggest a safe app for viewing and editing my photos?...
  4. Problem with Win 10 Photos app

Problem with Win 10 Photos app: Hi I have, with some difficulty, managed to load Adobe Photoshop CS4 onto a new computer with Windows 10; irritatingly, Windows 10 will not let me change .jpg as the default file extn to Photoshop from the Photos app. Strangely, it will allow .tiff and .tif to be allocated to...
  5. Photos app win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Photos app win 10: What happened to the photos app? When I imported images I used to be asked if I wanted to delete the photos from the sd card. Now I'm not asked that and I have to delete the photos one by one in the camera. I opened the folder on the sd card in the computer file explorer, but...
  6. Photo app in win 10

Photo app in win 10: The photo app finds and includes .png files mostly icons. Can I exclude these files from the app? The files are showing as being located in the File History folder. Running Win 10 Version 1909...
  7. Photo App under Win-10

Photo App under Win-10: Trouble uploading Photos from iPhone to Win-10 PC. The Win-10 "Photos" App tries to upload all Photos from the iPhone, not only the new photos. As such, it quits uploading at about 6,296 photos. The iPhone has 9,600 total photos stored on it. What gives here???...
  8. Win 10 Pro Photo app crashes after switching pics.

Win 10 Pro Photo app crashes after switching pics.: Hello. I dont know if anyone else is having this problem, but my photo app crashes after i press left or right (with mouse too) [When trying to go to the next or previous pic, the app crashes] I have tried resetting it but that didnt work. It is quite annoying to have to...
  9. Photos and Win 10 Photo Apps

Photos and Win 10 Photo Apps: I have two questions. 1. Is Photo Gallery going away? If so, when? I think I saw that it would no longer be supported. 2. One of the features I liked about PG was the Comments area; I could include a lot of info there. Now I can't use it. I don't see a similar feature in...
  10. win 10 apps crashing

win 10 apps crashing: hello how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_xbox/win-10-apps-crashing/34d46ac1-ce0b-4554-a297-3dea94d23b50