Windows 10: Win 10 Photos App does not index/display HEIC files - installed apps HEVC video Extensions...

Discus and support Win 10 Photos App does not index/display HEIC files - installed apps HEVC video Extensions... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Restarted photos app several times and refreshed, but the HEIC files in the same folders as JPG files do not show up in the photos app. They dont even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by swingingsultan, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Win 10 Photos App does not index/display HEIC files - installed apps HEVC video Extensions...

Restarted photos app several times and refreshed, but the HEIC files in the same folders as JPG files do not show up in the photos app. They dont even show up as grey/blank photos. The photos are from an iPhoneX and were imported by the photos app.

The HEIF files open in the photos app when i double click on the files and windows explorer also successfully shows the preview for the files.

I am running the latest windows 10 (regular channel) and installed the recommended HEVC and HEIF apps yesterday from the app store. I have also restarted the PC after installing the HEVC/HEIF apps. Hardware is Dell Precision tower 5810.

Not sure how to proceed.

Thank you

:)

swingingsultan, Aug 17, 2018

2. What's the difference between paid and free HEVC Media Extensions app?

When I try to open HEVC video file, Movies app linked me to Store to install codec, which is $0.99 paid app (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/hevc-video-extensions/9nmzlz57r3t7) but there is a free one which is named 'HEVC Video Extensions from
    Device Manufacturer' (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/hevc-video-extension/9n4wgh0z6vhq). Is there any difference between those two apps?

SangHyeon Yeo, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Photos App

Make sure you have the HVEC and HEIC codecs installed in order to view the new iPhone 7 and later formats.

Surprised Microsoft is now charging 99 cents for it. But this is what you need to view those videos:

Buy HEVC Video Extensions - Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hevc-video-ex...

Andre for Directly, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Win 10 Photos App does not index/display HEIC files - installed apps HEVC video Extensions...

Microsoft HEVC extensions: WIndows 10 Explorer crashes if an iPhone X HEVC MOV file is listed in "quick access" recent files

Hi,

Windows 10 1709 16299.192 64bit up to date

installed Microsoft HEVC extensions from WIndows Store so the Photos App and Movies can preview and play iPhone X HEVC MOV files

problem: Explorer invariably crashes each time I open "quick access" if a HEVC MOV file is listed in the recent files

the only way to stop the "quick access" view from crashing is to open another view (e.g. Dowloads), go to Properties and erase the file history

I can reproduce this any number of times, just by erasing the "recentrs" history, playing an iPhone X HEVC MOV file from Explorer, then open "quick access"

Explorer opens fine, it shows the MOV file, then after a fraction of a second Explorer becomes unresponsive and shortly thereafter it restarts

I believe it's a bug in the HEVC extensions, triggering an explorer crash, maybe when explorer tries to poll some property that became available with HEVC extensions

uninstalled and reinstalled HEVC extensions but no change

has anyone encountered this anomaly?

thanks

Roberto Fasiani, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Photos App does not index/display HEIC files - installed apps HEVC video Extensions...

1. Win 10 Photos App does not index/display HEIC files - installed apps HEVC video Extensions... - Similar Threads - Photos App does

2. does the HEVC extension app by microsoft make HEVC video thumbnails work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does the HEVC extension app by microsoft make HEVC video thumbnails work?: Hello everyone, I just bought a samsung S23 phone and the video has changed to HEVC, I got it working finally by downloading codecs and vlc player etc although I prefer WMP when I have the choice anyway, there is an app in the microsoft store that claims to work too, but it...
  3. does the HEVC extension app by microsoft make HEVC video thumbnails work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does the HEVC extension app by microsoft make HEVC video thumbnails work?: Hello everyone, I just bought a samsung S23 phone and the video has changed to HEVC, I got it working finally by downloading codecs and vlc player etc although I prefer WMP when I have the choice anyway, there is an app in the microsoft store that claims to work too, but it...
  4. does the HEVC extension app by microsoft make HEVC video thumbnails work?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. HEVC Video extension not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC Video extension not installing: Hi,I am trying to view HEIC image files on my Windows 10 PCI installed HEIF extension from Microsoft Store, it installed properly, but still Photos app is showing only blurry images.Upon googling i saw advice to install HEVC Video extension too.I bought HEVC Video extension...
  6. HEVC Video extension not installing

HEVC Video extension not installing: Hi,I am trying to view HEIC image files on my Windows 10 PCI installed HEIF extension from Microsoft Store, it installed properly, but still Photos app is showing only blurry images.Upon googling i saw advice to install HEVC Video extension too.I bought HEVC Video extension...
  7. HEVC Video extension not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. HEVC Video Extension

HEVC Video Extension: I ordered the HEVC Video Extension because I downloaded a video from school and when I went to view it, it said "Should we download and install this extra content for Movies and TV?" When I click okay it says "Couldn't install. Something happened and we weren't able to...
  9. HEVC Video Extensions

HEVC Video Extensions: I paid for the HEVC Video Extensions but received no directions for download or how to access it. I still can not play video on my brand new Windows 10 computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-video-extensions/c927d441-3479-4a75-8e3d-cf6113e25810
  10. Photo does not display HEIC files

Photo does not display HEIC files: Windows 10 Home version 1909 Build 18363.535 Photo version 2019.19081.22010.0 HEIF image extension version 1.0.23292.0 Although all the above is properly installed, Photo does not visualize HEIC files....