Windows 10: Win 10 photos app no longer compresses videos

Discus and support Win 10 photos app no longer compresses videos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been using the Win 10 photos app to shrink the size of videos for the last 2.5 years until about 10 days ago. Now there is no comparable shrinkage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HughP_969, Dec 1, 2022.

1. HughP_969 Win User

Win 10 photos app no longer compresses videos

I've been using the Win 10 photos app to shrink the size of videos for the last 2.5 years until about 10 days ago. Now there is no comparable shrinkage in the file size without a significant loss in image quality. If I retain the image quality the file size bloats. I use the trim function to shave a couple of secs off the run time. The app has clearly had an upgrade as its appearance has changed. Any ideas how to restore the file reduction properties.

:)

HughP_969, Dec 1, 2022

2. NO PHOTOS APP IN WIN 10

After reinstalling Win 10, there is no PHOTOS app. Is there a way to recover it, or is it no longer available? If not, can you suggest a safe app for viewing and editing my photos?

JeffA Warner, Dec 1, 2022
  3. IM_BMH Win User
    Windows 10 Photos App Compression ratio

In Win. Live Photo gallery I could set the default compression ratio for saving edited JPEG files. I can't find this option in the Win 10 Photos App. What is the default in that app and is there a way to change it? It appears to be compressing quite
    significantly. If I want to submit my photos to some sites they ask for the highest quality possible, which is lost if the compression ratio is set low, for example less that 85%. I'd rather retain the quality and use the extra disk space.

IM_BMH, Dec 1, 2022
  4. katinfoco Win User

windows 10 photo/video app file types allowed

using win 10 photo/video app on desktop to create a movie with .jpg, .mp4, & .3gp files.

.3gp will not play correctly.....

what file types are acceptable for import into the win 10 photo/video app?

do I need to convert the file to a .mp4 so it will work in win10 video app?

suggestions for convert app?

katinfoco, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

1. Win 10 photos app no longer compresses videos - Similar Threads - photos app longer

2. Movie and TV editing tool no longer compresses video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movie and TV editing tool no longer compresses video: on 02/12/22 i asked this question: I've been using the Win 10 photos app to shrink the size of videos for the last 2.5 years until about 10 days ago. Now there is no comparable shrinkage in the file size without a significant loss in image quality. If I retain the image...
  3. Movie and TV editing tool no longer compresses video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movie and TV editing tool no longer compresses video: on 02/12/22 i asked this question: I've been using the Win 10 photos app to shrink the size of videos for the last 2.5 years until about 10 days ago. Now there is no comparable shrinkage in the file size without a significant loss in image quality. If I retain the image...
  4. Win 10 photos app no longer compresses videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 photos app no longer compresses videos: I've been using the Win 10 photos app to shrink the size of videos for the last 2.5 years until about 10 days ago. Now there is no comparable shrinkage in the file size without a significant loss in image quality. If I retain the image quality the file size bloats. I use the...
  5. NO PHOTOS APP IN WIN 10

NO PHOTOS APP IN WIN 10: After reinstalling Win 10, there is no PHOTOS app. Is there a way to recover it, or is it no longer available? If not, can you suggest a safe app for viewing and editing my photos?...
  6. Photos app win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Photos app win 10: What happened to the photos app? When I imported images I used to be asked if I wanted to delete the photos from the sd card. Now I'm not asked that and I have to delete the photos one by one in the camera. I opened the folder on the sd card in the computer file explorer, but...
  7. Photo app in win 10

Photo app in win 10: The photo app finds and includes .png files mostly icons. Can I exclude these files from the app? The files are showing as being located in the File History folder. Running Win 10 Version 1909...
  8. win store, photos ans videos apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    win store, photos ans videos apps: I don't understand why win 10 is so complicated. I can't open win store, photos ans videos apps. I tried many things I saw on the community forum: 1. powershell command (lot of cmds I saw on the forum like : Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  9. Photos and Win 10 Photo Apps

Photos and Win 10 Photo Apps: I have two questions. 1. Is Photo Gallery going away? If so, when? I think I saw that it would no longer be supported. 2. One of the features I liked about PG was the Comments area; I could include a lot of info there. Now I can't use it. I don't see a similar feature in...
  10. The photos app no longer has a feature to create videos.

The photos app no longer has a feature to create videos.: What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/the-photos-app-no-longer-has-a-feature-to-create/202ef136-92c2-4e6b-bac7-36955a101699