Windows 10: Win 10 Photos Trim Causes Video To Be Washed Out

Discus and support Win 10 Photos Trim Causes Video To Be Washed Out in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For the *PAST YEAR*, the photos app on windows 10 has had an issue that when you try to trim down a video using the built in edit tools, it causes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alex918, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Alex918 Win User

Win 10 Photos Trim Causes Video To Be Washed Out

For the *PAST YEAR*, the photos app on windows 10 has had an issue that when you try to trim down a video using the built in edit tools, it causes the video to have a white filter over the video, it becomes incredibly washed out looking.

This never happened before around late 2017 as it used to function perfectly by trimming the video down with very little quality loss, however now it is unusable.

I haven't made a post about this earlier as I assumed it was being fixed, however it's now almost been an entire year and nothing has changed. In this time a major update to windows 10 has even been made, and nothing was changed with this issue.

Additionally a number of other people have made posts about this in various places online, and nothing has been done. What's going on Microsoft? Why is this still an issue?

So far I've tried repairing and resetting the app in the settings menu with no luck, I've also tried a troubleshooter in another thread about the issue to no avail. Can we finally get some insight into this Microsoft? Can the issue just be fixed?

:)

Alex918, Aug 16, 2018

2. Trimmed Videos in Photos App are washed out

If i trim a clip of a video and trim out the beginning then the rest of the video will be washed out. I tested it and it only washes out the video if you trim out the beginning of the video. If the trim include the beginning then the colors will be normal
    for the rest of the trim.

GabeYungbluth, Aug 16, 2018
  3. MaxBraun1 Win User
    Edit Video in Photos- Trim

Hello!

I have same issue. My win version is 1709 ( windows 10 ).

I am using shadowplay to capture videos.

Then i am using Movie and TV ; Photo to trim captured videos. However, when i do this, trimmed video looks abit whiter or even darker i would say. Tried to search for some options etc but havent found anything. Cannot solve this issue and looking for Your
    help as its really important to have such comfy tool.

MaxBraun1, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Edit Video in Photos- Trim

Hi,

You can trim the beginning and end of a video so your movie shows only the part of the video you want.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box, select the resulting command and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • What is the name of the application used when capturing videos?
    • Is it happening to all the videos that you captured?
    • What video player are you using to watch this video file?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Photos Trim Causes Video To Be Washed Out - Similar Threads - Photos Trim Causes

2. Windows 10 video trimmer causes videos to look washed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 video trimmer causes videos to look washed out.: This never used to happen before.For a bit of context, I regularly do streams on video games and have to break down the 2+ hour long videos into various chunks to put them up on youtube. Now, when I do this, I had to use Win10 video trimmer as it's simple, to the point, and...
  3. Windows 10 video trimmer causes videos to look washed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 video trimmer causes videos to look washed out.: This never used to happen before.For a bit of context, I regularly do streams on video games and have to break down the 2+ hour long videos into various chunks to put them up on youtube. Now, when I do this, I had to use Win10 video trimmer as it's simple, to the point, and...
  4. Photos App won't trim a video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App won't trim a video: I'm trying to trim down an .avi file so I can send a short clip through email, I know there are a myriad of options such as file hosting and cloud storage to solve this, but the bosses want it sent through email so thats what they're gonna get. My problem is when I trim it...
  5. Trim Videos in Photos

Trim Videos in Photos: Can I trim a video clip in an assembly of video clips, and trim it by one frame? I cannot seem to be able to advance a video by one frame at a time. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trim-videos-in-photos/1e1840da-1c14-4020-b08a-af8211f6870c
  6. Trimming Videos in Photos app

Trimming Videos in Photos app: Sometime in the last calendar year, you went from being able to choose the location of where you wanted the trimmed version of your video to be exported to from the Photos app, to only being able to automatically save the trimmed video to the same location as the source...
  7. i cannot trim video in photos

i cannot trim video in photos: I cannot trim videos in photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-trim-video-in-photos/05500d5f-ae7b-42c2-a722-912b5fe6f6df
  8. cant trim videos in photos

cant trim videos in photos: every time i try to trim my videos from shadowplay i get an annoying pop up saying i dont have permission try saving a copy instead. ive tried making copies and editing the security in properties nothing works unless i restart my computer its incredibly frustrating as...
  9. Edited videos become washed out

Edited videos become washed out: Hi there, I have been recently recording some stuff with the Nvidia overlay and editing it into slow motion. I realized the videos become washed out after that process. I looked up for a possible solution but couldn't find the same issue. Any tips would be greatly...
  10. Videos and photo trim W10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Videos and photo trim W10: There is a video that I would like to edit: a portion in the middle needs to be removed. I tried to use trim on the photo app but when the unwanted portion is highlighted, the rest of the video is removed. This is exactly the opposite of what I need. What do I do now since I...