Windows 10: Win 10 pictures remain hidden

Discus and support Win 10 pictures remain hidden in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Frustrated ! Dang it's mostly from this lock down stay at home where this C 19 has been over blown over done and it's now at a stage that there really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by leis, May 23, 2020.

1. leis Win User

Win 10 pictures remain hidden

Frustrated ! Dang it's mostly from this lock down stay at home where this C 19 has been over blown over done and it's now at a stage that there really are some politics and the big V that they are waiting on is NOT going to be what they think or (if they do) ok, well i've been staying at home too long and those miserable masks are unhealthy too...

Which leads to working at home and i hid my photos because i wanted some privacy and couldn't get them all the way back. I was following a video but it was a little fast paced w/out vocal so, i lost track but some of the folders are clear but some are "dimmed" or it shows up in the properties as a gray box hidden but filled in so that's the clue of that kind of test right?

Any ideas or suggestions i might be able to fix the hidden? I followed back and forth on a couple sites that seem to offer the directions but i struck out and probably just need to reset the folder options.

:)

2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 23, 2020
  4. Win 10 pictures remain hidden

All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 pictures remain hidden

1. Win 10 pictures remain hidden - Similar Threads - pictures remain hidden

2. How to find the hidden folder on win 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find the hidden folder on win 10.: Hellow, i have usued Folder and File lock app from microsoft to hide a folder. Today i have changed my windows from 11 to 10.So i had to re install the app to use. But now the app isn’t showing the folder i had locked and hide. So how can i find my hidden folder. Please...
  3. How to find the hidden folder on win 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find the hidden folder on win 10.: Hellow, i have usued Folder and File lock app from microsoft to hide a folder. Today i have changed my windows from 11 to 10.So i had to re install the app to use. But now the app isn’t showing the folder i had locked and hide. So how can i find my hidden folder. Please...
  4. How to find the hidden folder on win 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. "Hidden" data in Win 10 Calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Hidden" data in Win 10 Calendar: Can anyone put me "in the know" concerning an aspect of "Calendar" in Windows 10 which has been irritating me since I first started using it?! If you move ahead a few months from the current date, the program then throws up a banner across the top of the screen that says:...
  6. Hidden network in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden network in Win 10: What is a hidden network? A few days ago a Hidden Network appeared on my list of available networks with the 'Connect Automatically' box checked. I cannot disable it and do not know what it is or where it came from....
  7. Win 10 music and picture libraries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 music and picture libraries: How do I get info to use the music and picture libraries in Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-music-and-picture-libraries/df2b533d-5a31-4a32-b30a-e3f0e320c3ee"
  8. Win 10 Logon picture and frame

Win 10 Logon picture and frame: Is there anyway of disabling the windows 10 logon picture and the transparent frame so it just leaves the background picture and users name and password box?...
  9. hidden picture

hidden picture: so i was messing around with my webcam and i took a picture, then i got bored so i deleted the picture but when i click the windows icon it show's the picture is still there but its not there and when i open the photos app the app closes itself any idea why?...
  10. HP Printer Drivers remain a headache on Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Printer Drivers remain a headache on Win 10: This morning on checking for updates, I was notified that a driver update for my HP printer was available. After getting the update, and checking the update history file I notice that this update ran 6 times, all successfully. Trying to establish if there are any...