Windows 10: Win 10 posts to blank screen ?

Discus and support Win 10 posts to blank screen ? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My windows 10 will boot past post but then goes to blank screen. Im on vers 1511 pro I have reinstalled windows more then one time. I have booted in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TheBlindGuy, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Win 10 posts to blank screen ?

My windows 10 will boot past post but then goes to blank screen. Im on vers 1511 pro I have reinstalled windows more then one time. I have booted in safe mode and uninstalled video drivers and also monitor drivers . This helps until I fully power off my system then system boots normal but then blank screen again . I can then boot into the windows installer usb stick and just exit to windows and it boots just fine until I power my system off fully again. Ryzen 3900x tug gaming plus WiFi 16. X 2 G skill trident z ram using a PCIE booting hard drive intel optane 900p . Any ideas ?

:)

TheBlindGuy, Oct 18, 2020
  2. LJH FL Win User

Win 10 blank screen

Win 10 downloaded & converted cleanly. It worked cleanly for 2 days on a Dell laptop - Inspiron 15z (5523, Late 2012). Decided to do a clean install to clear out residual history stuff. Made backup copies of my files. Initiated the creation of the
    recovery/restore USB. "When it finished I clicked on file explorer and the screen went blank. Only the cursor remained. Nothing would change the screen but the cursor would respond properly.

Powered off and powered on and got to the sign on page. Enter password and got welcome screen with circling dots. When this process turned control over to desktop the screen goes blank but shows cursor. Tried key combinations (Fn, windows, etc,) and only
    the CTL-ALT-Del combo worked which brought up task mgr. All systems were go according to Task mgr. Could start and stop processes. Also enable and disable them. Trying to see the storage location or other function gave me an "not found" error msg.
    Could use the network and power buttons properly in task mgr. So the hardware was working and the drivers too. Windows 10 is running but does not display on the screen. Win 10 is running in idle mode.

Tried to use alternate boot up which gives the windows logo and then goes to the blank screen with cursor. Hardware diagnostics are fine and pass the tests. The majority of advice in the "community" require visual access to recovery steps or restore steps.
    How to get that done?

Suggestions?

LJH FL, Oct 18, 2020
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    No BIOS Post and Blank Screen

• Short answer yes. With a dead CMOS battery the BIOS loses its settings so it would be very possible to get a blank screen. If it is a CMOS battery, change it and Load Optimized defaults in BIOS and see how that goes.
    • It's also possible its a hard drive issue though you should at least get something on the screen telling you the system can't find a boot drive.
    • There's also the possibility of a dead GPU. Here, as you noted, you wouldn't get anything at all. Simply a blank screen.
    That said, are you absolutely sure there's nothing on the screen? No warnings, notices, or written text? If you have any text on the screen that's BIOS related, there's a good chance it's not a video card problem.

Unfortunately there are a few things that can cause your issue so you'll have to isolate first to see what's what. Checking the hard drive the way you did is a good start. You could also try installing another hard drive (if you've got one handy) to see what the system does.

Let us know.

sygnus21, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Win 10 posts to blank screen ?

Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 posts to blank screen ?

1. Win 10 posts to blank screen ? - Similar Threads - posts blank screen

2. Fresh install win 10 blank screen 1660Ti

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh install win 10 blank screen 1660Ti: I've been having issues with Windows loading up and getting a blank screen when Windows loads. Its been gong on for weeks on my Pc. But it works using the hdmi connection on my motherboard. But not my MSI gaming X 1660ti using the same connection. Everything worked well...
  3. Fresh install win 10 blank screen 1660Ti

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh install win 10 blank screen 1660Ti: I've been having issues with Windows loading up and getting a blank screen when Windows loads. Its been gong on for weeks on my Pc. But it works using the hdmi connection on my motherboard. But not my MSI gaming X 1660ti using the same connection. Everything worked well...
  4. Fresh install win 10 blank screen 1660Ti

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. First post WIN 10 VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    First post WIN 10 VPN: Retired IT Professional. Current need for information on VPN removal. 178042
  6. SCREEN IS BLANK AFTER RECENT UPDATE IN WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SCREEN IS BLANK AFTER RECENT UPDATE IN WIN 10: I RESTARTED MY LAPTOP AT AROUND 8.30 AM (WIN 10 )STILL THE SCREEN IS BLANK DOES NOT SHOW ANYTHING . IS IT A PROBLEM OR THE UPDATE IS INSTALLING...
  7. Win 10 & Mouse (2nd posting)

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 & Mouse (2nd posting): My original post was marked solved in error. It concerned how to program the extra buttons provided on my Microsoft 5000 mouse. TC had been helping me. At first I was given a link to the mouse manual. It turns out that that manual was for a "Bluetooth notebook mouse". I have...
  8. No BIOS Post and Blank Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No BIOS Post and Blank Screen: I've got a Dell Inspiron One 2205 All-in-One computer that shows no signs of life except that it is receiving power. It was working fine one moment then, later on in the day when I started it again, nothing happened. When the power switch is pressed, it turns orange but...
  9. Thinkpad E555: Blank screen on first boot post-upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Thinkpad E555: Blank screen on first boot post-upgrade to Windows 10: Hi. I installed Windows 10 via thumb drive and on the first restart it came up to a blank screen after the boot options menu flashed briefly. I presume it got stuck in hibernate. I took it to a shop and the tech reverted it to Windows 7 Pro (on the recovery partition) but...
  10. win 10 blank screen and no response

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 blank screen and no response: I was running win 10 version 14332.1001 and began having a blank screen when trying to wake the pc from sleep mode. The pc would not respond at all. No keys, nor mouse would do a thing. When I tried to shut the pc down using the button on the case it also would do nothing. I...