Windows 10: Win 10 Powercf Sleepstudy output no longer showing mWh and percentages

Discus and support Win 10 Powercf Sleepstudy output no longer showing mWh and percentages in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello all, as stated in the title the Sleepstudy report stopped showing mWh and percentages of batterie use. This seems to be triggered if one runs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by han jansen, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Win 10 Powercf Sleepstudy output no longer showing mWh and percentages

Hello all,

as stated in the title the Sleepstudy report stopped showing mWh and percentages of batterie use.
    This seems to be triggered if one runs the Powershell command powercfg sleepstudy to early after wake from sleep.
    All the values needed to calculate the results are there but it just won't do it.
    Once broken there is no coming back.

I tried backup restores with Acronis from before the braking, even after deleting Recovery, Uefi and OS-partitions with a Win 10 usb installer and letting it create the new partitions and then rebboot with an Acronis key to reinstall on the new partitions and the 0 track.
    And still it will not calculate the values for the sleep report and the old values are still there it will show its three day history.
    The only remedy is to do a fresh install and go from there.
    I deleted the SRUM database and later the entire Folder but this is not working, throwing a fault.

Anybody know how to wipe the sleepstudy history and everything related,to have an empty database that will be written from scratch.
    I am puzzled as to where it stores all this.

Ciao, Han

:)

han jansen, Jul 24, 2019
  2. jurluk Win User

powercfg /sleepstudy and /systempowerreport

Powercfg option /sleepstudy generates System Power Report, and /systempowerreport output filename is wrong.

command: powercfg /sleepstudy

description: Generates a diagnostic system power
    transition report.

output: sleepstudy-report.html

report title: System Power Report

command: powercfg /systempowerreport

description: Generates a diagnostic
    system power transition report.

output: sleepstudy-report.html

report title: System Power Report

Win 10 Powercf Sleepstudy output no longer showing mWh and percentages 9bd5e860-da04-4026-8bc6-c16ff4bd9d39?upload=true.png

jurluk, Jul 24, 2019
  3. powercfg /sleepstudy and /systempowerreport

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Is the PC up to date with all updates?

However, let us try these steps to check if that helps or makes any difference.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the power troubleshooter on the PC. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Double click on troubleshooting and click on view all.
    • Click power and click next to run the power troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen directions to complete the process. Once it is done, close all windows and restart the computer.
    Step 2: Further, suggest you to run the
    SFC scan utility tool
    on the PC to check if that helps with this issue. System File Checker is a utility in Windows10
    that checks for system file corruption.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Jim Bayne Win User

Win 10 Powercf Sleepstudy output no longer showing mWh and percentages

SleepStudy\UserNotPresentSession.etl being written to constantly

I'm having problems with Windows 10 Pro constantly writing to C:\Windows\System32\SleepStudy\UserNotPresentSession.etl causing my disk resources to run at 100% all the time, mostly all of which goes to
    C:\Windows\System32\SleepStudy\UserNotPresentSession.etl if and when nothing else is being done.

I only noticed this because I'm in the midst of re-installing a fresh copy of Win 10 to a new drive, because my

previous C: drive is toast (probably due to 2 years of this SleepStudy activity cooking my hard drive - which was

a Western Digital black 2 TB supposedly good for a minimum of 5 years).

I reviewed the following answers.microsoft.com entry ...

Microsoft Sleep Study Writing All Over C: Drive, an SSD

and made the following changes to my system to try and fix the issue

* set my power options to the max settings

* disabled all StartUp programs

* rebooted

This made no difference, my system still always runs at 100% disk usage. Almost all of which goes to

C:\Windows\System32\SleepStudy\UserNotPresentSession.etl. I have attached a Resource Monitor snip to show the disk activity here ...

Win 10 Powercf Sleepstudy output no longer showing mWh and percentages 1215352.png

Is there a fix for this?

Jim Bayne, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Powercf Sleepstudy output no longer showing mWh and percentages

1. Win 10 Powercf Sleepstudy output no longer showing mWh and percentages - Similar Threads - Powercf Sleepstudy output

2. Newest Win 10 update today caused my speakers to no longer output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Newest Win 10 update today caused my speakers to no longer output: Was working just an hour ago before the update dropped. But now that it has restarted, when I select my usual speakers that are plugged into the audio jack on the motherboard they no longer output sound. Nothing is muted, and sound still happens if I switch to my USB...
  3. 20H1 Sleepstudy report does not show modern standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    20H1 Sleepstudy report does not show modern standby: I have a few laptops that support modern/connected standby S0 Low Power Idle but after upgrading them to 20H1 OS Build 19041 I realised that the sleepstudy report no longer shows connected standby but instead it shows sleep instead. I need the sleepstudy report to analyse the...
  4. Calculator percentage (%) issue in Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator percentage (%) issue in Win 10: Hi there, About a year ago something happened to the Windows calculator and the percentage (%) calculation is not working properly since then. I tried to report this issue to them but no answer and the problem is still exists. Before, when I calculated percentage, I...
  5. Battery Percentage not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Percentage not showing: I have Windows 10 Home edition. It do not show the battery percentage. I enabled it using Device Manager. But when i shut down and turn on the laptop I need to enable it again. In Taskbar Settings Power icon is enabled. What can I do about this?...
  6. Display brightness percentage not showing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display brightness percentage not showing.: Whenever I use the keyboard shortcut to turn the brightness up and down (on my PC it uses Fn + Up/Down arrows), the little window pops up showing my brightness. Normally, this would show the percentage as well as the meter, except for some reason, the percentage is not...
  7. powercfg /sleepstudy and /systempowerreport

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    powercfg /sleepstudy and /systempowerreport: Powercfg option /sleepstudy generates System Power Report, and /systempowerreport output filename is wrong. command: powercfg /sleepstudy description: Generates a diagnostic system power transition report. output: sleepstudy-report.html report title: System Power Report...
  8. Win 10 Explorer No Longer Shows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 Explorer No Longer Shows Recovery Partition: Notebook came with 2 internal drives. One an HDD platter and the other a speedy SSD PCI Express NVMe. Shortly after purchase in Dec of last year I used the media creation tool and downloaded the win 10 iso and installed it on the HDD platter which allowed me to dual boot...
  9. Win 10 Explorer No Longer Shows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Explorer No Longer Shows Recovery Partition: Notebook came with 2 internal drives. One an HDD platter and the other a speedy SSD PCI Express NVMe. Shortly after purchase in Dec of last year I used the media creation tool and downloaded the win 10 iso and installed it on the HDD platter which allowed me to dual boot...
  10. Battery percentage showing wrong.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery percentage showing wrong.: When ever i hover over my pointer on my battery icon it's shows 1% extra than it's actual battery percentage. I also try to uninstall the battery drivers but still facing issue....