Windows 10: Win 10 Preloaded User Accounts

Discus and support Win 10 Preloaded User Accounts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What are the Win 10 preloaded user accounts? I used to have Administrator, Public, and our local accounts. Recently that changed. Public was dropped... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gilby54824, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Win 10 Preloaded User Accounts

What are the Win 10 preloaded user accounts? I used to have Administrator, Public, and our local accounts.

Recently that changed. Public was dropped and Default Account, defaultuser, Guest, and WDAGUtilityAccount took its place.

Was this from an update?

:)

Gilby54824, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Win 10 Preloaded User Accounts :(

Zakin, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Win 10 Preloaded User Accounts

win 10 user accounts

Hi Colin,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please provide us additional information to assist you better:

• Are both the accounts are Microsoft accounts?
    • Have you tried to login with local account with out password and check if the issue persists?
    • What exactly do you mean by "my partners name and email are now linked to my side of the hard drive and hers to mine"?

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to Run Microsoft Account Troubleshooter on both the accounts and check.

Link: Microsoft Account troubleshooter

I would like to inform that if both the accounts are Microsoft accounts, then you cannot delete the password for any of the account.

Hope it helps. Kindly reply us with the required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Preloaded User Accounts

1. Win 10 Preloaded User Accounts - Similar Threads - Preloaded User Accounts

2. Win 10 user account control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 user account control: Only user account control option is NO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-user-account-control/c098bade-5902-4fc3-aaa7-a6aa4faace51
  3. Desktop preload

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop preload: Hi there! On Windows 10, after a reboot the desktop loads all the programs before I enter my login PIN. Is there a way to do this after a Power On? (without using startup scripts) submitted by /u/Pascaleiro [link] [comments]...
  4. New PC with preloaded Win 10 - defaultuser0 is only account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC with preloaded Win 10 - defaultuser0 is only account: Bought new PC with preloaded Win 10 - defaultuser0 is the only account. When I tried to use recovery tools such as command prompt or restore point I do not have option to use them because I am only given option to login as defaultuser0 and cant. I dont want to try resetting...
  5. How to merge user accounts in Win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to merge user accounts in Win 10: How to merge user accounts in Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-merge-user-accounts-in-win-10/8e80c0a8-28e1-4c91-8f70-d6171024743d
  6. Windows 10 preloaded

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 preloaded: Hi, so i bought a laptop from a guy , i understood that it has windows 10 already preloaded on it so i don t need a cd or usb , it s a lenovo t420 , but the guy pulled the hdd out of the laptop to keep it , now i m confused like how to activate windows from bios (if i have...
  7. Changing user account password win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing user account password win 10: I am the administrator and have Windows 10. I need to change the password for a user account. When I run netplwiz, for each user I see 2 entries one in HomeUsers Group and one in HomeUsers; Users Group. Regardless which one I select the Reset Password option is greyed out...
  8. "Cloning" User Settings from a Prototype User Account - (Win 10)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Cloning" User Settings from a Prototype User Account - (Win 10): I've looked for a straightforward answer to this, and the searches I done can't find this... 1. This concerns a Win 10 User Accounts on both a single PC, and multiple PC's that are *not* in a Domain. 2. These are all "local" User Accounts. 3. These PC's are highly...
  9. Complete separate user account? Win 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Complete separate user account? Win 10: I was wondering if I can make an additional user account that has complete separate files and separate programs. Such as I have Diablo 2 but I don't want the other user to be able to see that Diablo II is installed. Another example being that I have family photos of my...
  10. win 10 user login for network drive- no account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 user login for network drive- no account: Hi all Mods feel free to move to appropriate sub. I am having a issue with a network drive and Win10 ASUS AC 3100 router with a usb connected Western digital My Passport portable 1 tb drive. The issue is when I attempt to access, I'm told to login to a live account. I...