Windows 10: Win 10 Preview How does syncing favorites work across devices? Edge

Discus and support Win 10 Preview How does syncing favorites work across devices? Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have windows 10 preview 10565 installed on two computers. I have "Sync your content" on in Edge. Should my bookmarks get synced between the two... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sprtfan, Nov 8, 2015.

1. sprtfan Win User

Win 10 Preview How does syncing favorites work across devices? Edge

I have windows 10 preview 10565 installed on two computers. I have "Sync your content" on in Edge. Should my bookmarks get synced between the two computers? Do I need to do something else to get it work other than turning syncing on?
    If it doesn't work, is there a file I can go to on one computer, copy it, and they move it to the other to get the bookmarks? Would really prefer it to sync though but at least this would be a start.
    Thanks

:)

sprtfan, Nov 8, 2015

2. Edge won't import favorites from IE- message says couldn't import

I'm going to throw a curve ball into this. Due to the lack of syncing favorites with Edge across devices and also experiencing issues with OneDrive (which prevents me from using it to sync favorites for IE), I decided to switch my IE favorites location
    to dropbox so I could have IE sync and then import to Edge whenever I updated IE favs. I had been using Xmarks for IE, which worked great, but decided not to use it anymore when I upgraded to win 10 - I may go back to Xmarks. Anyways, for some reason in
    switching my favs to dropbox, I ended up with 10 copies of all my IE favorites in dropbox and all my other dropbox files were deleted. ****? No worries there as I have backups. However, when I switched my IE favorites back to the standard location in the user
    folder, now if I try to import favorites into Edge from IE, it says "cannot import". Even if I copy all my IE favs into Edge's favorites/links folder, the favs don't show up in Edge. I've checked the registry locations for IE and Edge, all are correct.
    I ran SFC, no integrity errors. I've restarted. Not sure what else to do at this point. Any suggestions?

Thx in advance.

P.S. When will Edge be capable of syncing favorites across devices? I login to all my win 10 devices with my Microsoft account and everything else (like desktop background and settings) sync just fine. It seems like a main feature of win 10 would've been
    syncing browser favs, but that feature doesn't exist.

k1234567890123456789, Nov 8, 2015
  3. Latest Edge bookmark sync not working correctly

Hi All

The November 2015 Windows 10 update adds new features to Edge.

Anyone tried the bookmark/favourites sync?

Not working too well for me, it looses the Favorites Bar bookmarks across machines?

I mean, honestly Microsoft, this feature should have been included with Edge from the beginning...then when we finally do get it, it doesn't work properly???

How hard can it be to code Favorites syncing??

PaulJackson_inspiration, Nov 8, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

You have to sign on to the same MS account on both. I'm on 10586 and favorites are synched. I have sync turned on in edge and also in Settings > Accounts > Sync your settings.

lx07, Nov 8, 2015
  5. sprtfan Win User
    I'm signed in on my account on both computers and have sync turned on in both Edge and in the computer settings. I think I might have found the problem though but not sure. I hadn't activated one of the installs yet. I'll do that and give it some time and see if they start to sync. Thanks

sprtfan, Nov 9, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    I forgot about activation, good point - all of mine are activated.

It should work (it does for me) but I can't remember when exactly it started. In 10240 I had to import from Internet Explorer but don't have to do that any more. I'm not 100% sure when it changed.

lx07, Nov 9, 2015
  7. sprtfan Win User
    Still not working even after activating. If I open IE, all my favorites are there from the other computer. I was able to just import then in from there to Edge but would rather it synced since I haven't been using explorer any more. Another odd thing, I didn't realize it at the time I posted, the computer I'm trying to sync to doesn't have the option in Edge to Sync information. I just realized as I'm typing this that maybe I have a different version installed on it instead of the preview. I think that would stop it from working also and bet that is probably the case. I'm at work right now but will check when I get home. Thanks for the help.

sprtfan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Preview How does syncing favorites work across devices? Edge - Similar Threads - Preview does syncing

2. OneNote not Syncing across devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote not Syncing across devices: OneNote is not syncing across my devices, I'm connected to wifi. I have allowed ample time, restarted each device, but when I return to OneNote on my tablet where I annotate my notes for school it still has the syncing icon. It's been a couple of days and not being able to...
  3. software sync across devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    software sync across devices: HelloI have 2 laptops, how can I sync the app, subscriptions and software across both of them.for example if I downloads drobox in one laptop, do I have to re downlead it in the second laptop? what I found is , the icons of the apps are found in the second laptop but the...
  4. How to enable and Sync Microsoft Edge Tabs across Devices

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable and Sync Microsoft Edge Tabs across Devices: [ATTACH]If you use Microsoft Edge on your PC and your smartphone, with Tab sync […] This article How to enable and Sync Microsoft Edge Tabs across Devices first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Sync Edge and Chrome Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync Edge and Chrome Favorites: I want to sync my favorites in Chrome and Edge. I used XMARKS to remove duplicates and sync between different browsers but cannot find an equivalent app since they went out of business. I have found some app that claim to sync just not Chrome and Edge. Any suggestions? 170911
  6. Syncing settings across devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing settings across devices: Hi, I've got a Surface Pro 7 and a Surface Laptop 3 and I'm trying to sync my settings across both but it says "Sync is not available on your account". Both devices are running Windows 10 Pro and I have them signed into a work account. Does anyone know what the issue is?...
  7. edge favorites won't sync with my other devices

edge favorites won't sync with my other devices: my edge favorites will not sync with office 360 to my other devices. I get this message when try to set "Sync is not available for your account. Contact your system administrator to resolve this" I believe that my 2 "work school email accounts are causing part of the...
  8. Clipboard sync across devices - not working

Clipboard sync across devices - not working: I have two Windows 10 laptops that have been confirmed via the settings "Your info" to be both logged in to the same Microsoft user account,. I have the clipboard settings on both to: Clipboard history: on Sync across devices: on Automatically Sync text that I copy:...
  9. Edge favorites sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge favorites sync: Edge favorites won't sync from pc to Android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/edge-favorites-sync/e2d40dc9-7ea1-4625-b43d-ea9896d023bc
  10. sync favorites-IE11 in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    sync favorites-IE11 in win 10: hello i have an issue after(clean) reinstalling win 10.i use IE11 as a default browser(not edge) i noticed that all favorites i have recently added gone!!i can't sync favoritew in IE11 with win 10?also in IE11 the option ''import from another browser'' is disable.any help...