Windows 10: WIN 10 Pro 1 TB single Drive into 2 WIN 10 operating systems

Discus and support WIN 10 Pro 1 TB single Drive into 2 WIN 10 operating systems in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am looking for a solution to run a single hard drive with two operating systems, Both Operating systems will be WIN10 Pro. Reason = I have two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KelBunyan, Jun 24, 2022.

1. KelBunyan Win User

WIN 10 Pro 1 TB single Drive into 2 WIN 10 operating systems

I am looking for a solution to run a single hard drive with two operating systems, Both Operating systems will be WIN10 Pro. Reason = I have two versions of a program which i need to keep apart in the computer as they use the same directory structure. I asked a Local computer person and he was not sure. Example would i need a virtual drive ? Would a partition work ? If i were to install both on the same drive the new one would go over the top of the old one which is not suitable. Need to use one or the other but not both together.

:)

KelBunyan, Jun 24, 2022

2. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10, Missing operating system.

Woke up to a black screen from the BIOS that says no operating system. The day before Win 10 was just fine after auto upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro

Can't do step 1. My ancient, but bulletproof and fast Dell 530 XP never came with a disc.

No Win 10 key.

No Win 8.1 Pro key.

I guess it's time to switch.

Mucky_Duck, Jun 24, 2022
  3. damien76 Win User
    Dual-boot Win 10 Pro and Win 8.1 Pro question

Dual-boot Win 10 Pro and Win 8.1 Pro question

I plan to dual-boot Win 10 Pro and Win 8.1 Pro in a singular HDD.

I have at the moment in an WD 1 TB HDD 2 partitions with Win 10 Pro partition (partition 1 - version 1511 and partition 2 - version 1703 -still on testing). I have allocated a space for Win 8.1 Pro x64 on that same WD 1 TB HDD (WDC-08WN4A0)

I have an existing Win 8.1 Pro x64 partition in use now in a seperate WD 1 TB HDD (WDC-00WN4A0).
    Now I plan to use Acronis True Image 2016 to image that Win 8.1 Pro existing partition and recover that to that space I allocated in WD 1 TB HDD (WDC-08WN4A0) where the Win 10 partitions are.

Is that feasible?

I mean, I am planning to do that so I would not format a new partition there with Win 8.1 Pro x64 and install all my programs again there (time consuming). It's sort of transferring that Win 8.1 Pr partition to where the Win 10 Pro partitions are. I will use the previous WD 1 TB HDD (WDC-00WN4A0) for storage --I need the space.

Will the Win 8.1 partition recovered from the image of ATI 2016 boot?

Or I need to first format that allocated space with Win 8.1 Pro x 64 to get the boot files there and then use/recover the system image of the Win 8.1 Pro there...?

I would like to state also that in the Win 10 partitions (in WD 1 TB HDD ---WDC-08WN4A0) I have no System Reserved partition I have transfered it to the Win 10 Pro version 1511 partition via EasyBCD. The partition 2 which has version 1703 also does not have a System Reserved partition.

The boot files of that partition 2 - Win 10 Pro version 1703 is with partition 1 - Win 10 Pro version 1511, correct?
    There was this "EFI" folder after I transfered the boot files via EasyBCD to partition 1. (Note: I transfered the boot files when there was still no other system partition -- just a single Win 10 mPro version 1511 existing. I just later formatted the partition 2 with Win 10 Pro version 1703 using the sources folder 4 days later).

WIN 10 Pro  1 TB  single Drive into 2 WIN 10 operating systems cedDEYi.png

Can you help me with this guys..?

Thank you!

damien76, Jun 24, 2022
  4. WIN 10 Pro 1 TB single Drive into 2 WIN 10 operating systems

Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 7 Pro system.

I bought a Win 10 Pro package from Newegg.com, to upgrade my Win 7 Pro system to Win 10 Pro. On the package, after "If you open this package:". item 1. states "The software is intended for preinstallation on the hard drive of the fully assembled computer
    system, using the OEM pre-installation tools." Item 2. states "You are responsible for providing end-user support."

I interpret this to mean it is not an upgrade from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro version, and will not have MS support and updates available. True or false?

If true, what do I need to upgrade my system to Win 10 pro?

TIA ... viking

Aggrevated In AZ, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

WIN 10 Pro 1 TB single Drive into 2 WIN 10 operating systems

1. WIN 10 Pro 1 TB single Drive into 2 WIN 10 operating systems - Similar Threads - Pro single Drive

2. Win 10 home single activated with digital licence to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 home single activated with digital licence to win 10 pro: I have a pc with windows 10 home which is activated by digital licences or OEM. that means it gets activated whenever its connected to internet. But i am thinking to have a windows 10 pro is in my pc. How to change that. When ever I enter my win 10 pro key in change product...
  3. Win 10 home single activated with digital licence to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 home single activated with digital licence to win 10 pro: I have a pc with windows 10 home which is activated by digital licences or OEM. that means it gets activated whenever its connected to internet. But i am thinking to have a windows 10 pro is in my pc. How to change that. When ever I enter my win 10 pro key in change product...
  4. Win 10 home single activated with digital licence to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. WIN 10 Pro 1 TB single Drive into 2 WIN 10 operating systems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIN 10 Pro 1 TB single Drive into 2 WIN 10 operating systems: I am looking for a solution to run a single hard drive with two operating systems, Both Operating systems will be WIN10 Pro. Reason = I have two versions of a program which i need to keep apart in the computer as they use the same directory structure. I asked a Local computer...
  6. WIN 10 Pro 1 TB single Drive into 2 WIN 10 operating systems

WIN 10 Pro 1 TB single Drive into 2 WIN 10 operating systems: I am looking for a solution to run a single hard drive with two operating systems, Both Operating systems will be WIN10 Pro. Reason = I have two versions of a program which i need to keep apart in the computer as they use the same directory structure. I asked a Local computer...
  7. 2 computers, Win 10 pro on 1 hard drive reactivation question.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2 computers, Win 10 pro on 1 hard drive reactivation question.: I have 2 computers in different US states. I have Windows 10 pro digital license. I would like to use the same hard drive when visiting each location to preserve my setting/programs etc. More or less every 3-4 months I want to pull hard drive and travel to other computer and...
  8. 2 computers, Win 10 pro on 1 hard drive reactivation question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 computers, Win 10 pro on 1 hard drive reactivation question.: I have 2 computers in different US states. I have Windows 10 pro digital license. I would like to use the same hard drive when visiting each location to preserve my setting/programs etc. More or less every 3-4 months I want to pull hard drive and travel to other computer and...
  9. 2 computers, Win 10 pro on 1 hard drive reactivation question.

10. Upgrade a win 7 pro system to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade a win 7 pro system to win 10 pro: I want to upgrade a Win 7 pro system to Win 10 pro. I want to do an upgrade and NOT a clean install. My question: Can I use the commercial version (available from computer stores) of win 10 to upgrade the win 7 system and use the license key that I assume comes with...