Windows 10: win 10 pro 1803 screw up and cant del it, format or get rid of partitions !

Discus and support win 10 pro 1803 screw up and cant del it, format or get rid of partitions ! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; WIn 10 1803 upgrade loops its self into thinking its just installed . My issue is I can't get rid of it . upgrading to latest version fails.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Trying59, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Trying59 Win User

win 10 pro 1803 screw up and cant del it, format or get rid of partitions !

WIn 10 1803 upgrade loops its self into thinking its just installed . My issue is I can't get rid of it .

upgrading to latest version fails. 1) used ms disk management tools to try to del the partition and format . fails . 2) clone good win 10 install using easeus . Software says it done but guess what the $#s win 10 1803 reapers. 3) Used 3 party partition software to DEL partitons including system partitons and win 10 1803 comes back with all the software on it. I nstall a different hardrive on this laptop is 100% clean install win 10 using latest version. There no recovery dir on this drive so it's not coming from there. I m using a usb enclosher to work on the 250 ssd with the win 10 1803 install WTH is going on? There is no viruses on the hardrive with win 10 1803 . No malware . AS I said WTH? After 25 years of trouble shooting computers I m stumped as to fix this . Cloning a different drive to this 250 ssd doesn't work. DEL the partitions doesn't work. Format doesn't work. What am I m missing ? thanks

:)

Trying59, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 21, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Sajer Win User

Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

*Think

As always, there seems to be lots of alleged fixes out there, which may work on versions earlier than Win 10... but not with Win 10. The struggle for getting rid of this now un-needed bloat seems to be wrapped up in file permissions. But even when I try to clobber it with administrative authority, it won't budge. One fix suggests that you can use disk cleanup to get rid of it by selecting previous installation files. Heh. Yeah. Just TRY and find that option in Win 10.

Ok. Somebody hopefully has managed to resolve this inigma. Step by step, please. win 10 pro 1803 screw up  and cant del it, format or get rid of partitions ! :)

Sajer, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

1. win 10 pro 1803 screw up and cant del it, format or get rid of partitions ! - Similar Threads - pro 1803 screw

2. Unknown in applog - howto get rid of them win 10 pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown in applog - howto get rid of them win 10 pro: Discovering several dos-windows in a very short part of a second on my screen when starting windows, I began searching for a reason. There was nothing new in start-apps, but the applog show a lot I don't know. Examples:Camera no camera on my computer, map, clock, reader, food...
  3. Unknown in applog - howto get rid of them win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown in applog - howto get rid of them win 10 pro: Discovering several dos-windows in a very short part of a second on my screen when starting windows, I began searching for a reason. There was nothing new in start-apps, but the applog show a lot I don't know. Examples:Camera no camera on my computer, map, clock, reader, food...
  4. Unknown in applog - howto get rid of them win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant Get Rid Of A Trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant Get Rid Of A Trojan: Hi, all my windows security when a scan was carried out I found this Trojan:Win32/Xpack.A!MTB I can't seem to get rid of it or find that folder. I have turned off the system restore scanned with malware bytes and found nothing with the anti-virus program Total AV and found...
  6. getting rid of Win 10 password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    getting rid of Win 10 password: I have to send a new laptop in for repair and was told I need to get rid of the Windows 10 password. Can anyone tell me how to do that? 173015
  7. Pop up I cant get rid off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop up I cant get rid off: Just got a new monitor and im getting a pop up that I cant interact with. "In Compliance with California Energy Commission, the brightness and contrast settings cannot be adjusted in the sRGB mode. Would you like to remain in the sRGB mode." I cant click yes or no. Can anyone...
  8. Win 10 Feature 4 Klutzes and Screw Ups

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Feature 4 Klutzes and Screw Ups: Perhaps this feature already exists and someone can kindly enlighten me. I use a Bluetooth mouse (no dongle) and while I am mostly happy with this relatively inexpensive MS product sometimes my "accuracy" is not what it used to be and when working with a speedy pcie nvme m.2...
  9. Can't format a partition in win 10 TP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't format a partition in win 10 TP: hey there, can anybody please tell me why I can't format a normal data partition in Windows 10TP? It goes through the whole normal procedure and then gives me an error stating "Windows cannot complete the procedure". Even logged in as Administrator it won't format. Why is...
  10. win 10 screwed up my photos folder's

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 screwed up my photos folder's: before win 10 I had my photos (1000s ) all arranged in my picture (win 7 ) had em all catalogued and so forth now win 10 in is infinite wisdom put them in folders according to date , beginning with the date I upgraded to win 10 any suggestions on how to unscrew them up ?...