Windows 10: Win 10 Pro 1903, Print Spooler stops when I try to add a printer

Discus and support Win 10 Pro 1903, Print Spooler stops when I try to add a printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 pro, Dell OptiPlex 9010. I am trying to add a new HP Officejet Pro 6978. I have installed it on another computer and it worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by benjaminhmlucas, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Win 10 Pro 1903, Print Spooler stops when I try to add a printer

I have a Windows 10 pro, Dell OptiPlex 9010. I am trying to add a new HP Officejet Pro 6978. I have installed it on another computer and it worked properly. Specifically another window 10 1903 Dell latitude e5570 laptop. I have uninstalled and reinstalled as well as troubleshot with a HP technician. They seem to think the issue is with the Dell OptiPlex desktop and windows 10. I recently purchased this computer new from New Egg and I have never installed a printer on it. When I use the troubleshooter I sometimes get the right printer or sometimes I get the HP Direct print(Same printer/different ports basically). When it does find the right port, It starts to install the driver then fails and has the printer in inventory but says under it, "Driver is unavailable". I am not able to see it from any programs that print. If I try to add the printer front he troubleshoot printer menu then I get the message: printer spooler not running (Even on second fail set to automatic). I have also ensured that my firewall is off. What is happening?

:)

benjaminhmlucas, Sep 14, 2019
  2. bro67 Win User

Print Spooler Service Stopping

Drugged up on Pain Med's, exhausted from barely any sleep for four days and trying to type on a iPhnone. The USB driver and queue can end up stalling. Have you checked the print queue to see if there are jobs stalled or in the Print Spooler folder? Also grab the Process Explorer by Sysinternals from Microsoft.com. It will allow you to see the Sub Process, especially under the System process. See the following:

Clear Printer Spooler Files

• Click Start, type Services.msc in Search box or Click WIN+Q, type “Services.msc” in the open box.
    • Services can be found under Computer Management on older operation system (Windows XP)
    • Double-click Printer Spooler in the list.
    • Click Stop and click OK.
    • Open C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS.

I cannot find the tutorial, this is a more extensive way to check Print spooler stopping automatically on Windows 10, Windows 8 and 8.1 windowstricks.in

bro67, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Print Spooler Restart

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The primary component of the printing interface is the print spooler. The print spooler is an executable file that manages the printing process. Here are few things that you can try:

Method 1: You will need to clear spooler files and restart the spooler service.

1. Open Run dialog (Windows Key +R) and type Services.msc
      to open Windows Services.
    2. In the Services list, double-tap (or double-click) Print Spooler. Select Stop > OK.
    3. Open Run dialog once again and type %WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers, select the file folder in the search results, and then delete all files in the folder.
    4. Open Windows Services once again as you did in step 1.
    5. In the Services list, double-tab (or double-click) Print Spooler.
    6. Select Start, and in the Startup Type list, make sure that Automatic is selected, and then select OK.

Method 2: You can follow the steps provided in the article:

Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10

Hope it helps,

Naresh_K, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Win 10 Pro 1903, Print Spooler stops when I try to add a printer

Print spooler

I cannot get the print spooler running. Since Microsoft window 10 update, my OKI 4250 printer stop working. I have uninstalled the printer and every time I try to install it again, it tells me the print spooler is not running on local printer. Any suggestion?
    Thank you.

MartyHariri, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Pro 1903, Print Spooler stops when I try to add a printer

1. Win 10 Pro 1903, Print Spooler stops when I try to add a printer - Similar Threads - Pro 1903 Print

2. Printers unavailable drivers and print spooler stopped after windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers unavailable drivers and print spooler stopped after windows 10 update?: I have two printers connected to my PC. HP 3520 I use to scan and a Canon Pixma ix6850. For a long time I have managed to avoid loosing my printer connection after the very annoying Windows updates, by simply reverting to a previous version of Windows 10, as I guessed my...
  3. Printers unavailable drivers and print spooler stopped after windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printers unavailable drivers and print spooler stopped after windows 10 update?: I have two printers connected to my PC. HP 3520 I use to scan and a Canon Pixma ix6850. For a long time I have managed to avoid loosing my printer connection after the very annoying Windows updates, by simply reverting to a previous version of Windows 10, as I guessed my...
  4. Printers unavailable drivers and print spooler stopped after windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. printer spooler service stops

printer spooler service stops: Why does printer spooler service stop when installing printer drivers? This causes driver install to fail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-spooler-service-stops/f16d0199-94b7-4da4-9a35-58dde3553eb7
  6. Chronic WIN 10 Print Spooler Problems

Chronic WIN 10 Print Spooler Problems: I am using Brother and Canon printers, both with latest drivers. Every couple of weeks Print Spooler appears to break down and will not properly process print requests. print jobs stall and I cannot clear queue, and then they may or may not restart hours or days later. WIN...
  7. printer offline and print spooler errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    printer offline and print spooler errors: recent updates have caused problems printing Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline-and-print-spooler-errors/9af882cd-be99-4d89-95f6-d4ee3343da1b
  8. Print spooler with HP Printer

Print spooler with HP Printer: My Notebook cannot print any longer on HP. I still can with Brother. It seems an issue relevant to the spooler. All updates done. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler-with-hp-printer/d69e37c8-a7fa-4744-a77e-9a95d8198faf
  9. Print Spooler On Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Spooler On Windows 10 Pro: Hello, all I have a PC with a problem spooler that can't run. when I start this service, the printer's Spooler runs and in a few seconds it will stop again. I have dealt with this problem with all the help from Microsoft but it has not been resolved until now. Please help...
  10. Print Spooler Service Stopping

Print Spooler Service Stopping: What can I do to keep the print spooler service from stopping all the time ? I have to restart it almost daily. Thanks in advance for assistance. 70050