Windows 10: Win 10 Pro 22H2, Ethernet upload speed slow, Wireless and Ethernet in safe mode just fine

Discus and support Win 10 Pro 22H2, Ethernet upload speed slow, Wireless and Ethernet in safe mode just fine in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Win 10 machine has upload speeds under 1Mbps when using an Ethernet connection. Wireless upload speed is 15-20Mbps. Safe mode Etnernet connection is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MidwestSteve, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Win 10 Pro 22H2, Ethernet upload speed slow, Wireless and Ethernet in safe mode just fine

My Win 10 machine has upload speeds under 1Mbps when using an Ethernet connection. Wireless upload speed is 15-20Mbps. Safe mode Etnernet connection is also 15-20Mbps. Here's what I've tried:Install latest network card driverRun the network troubleshooter - no problems foundFollowed the netsh and ipconfig commands at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upload-speed-is-slow-only-on-win-10/fd9c7c38-c84d-4791-a77d-c480fea05875Reset connections via Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network resetAny other ideas?

:)

MidwestSteve, Feb 2, 2023
  2. Tony H1 Win User

Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.

Hi,

I have noticed that this problem has been discussed in the past. Unfortunately, I could not find any working solution, so here I am.

As per the title, my Win10, with the latest updates applied, shows a slow download speed on the ethernet interface, 1/10th of the actual possible speed, while the upload speed is fine.

I can exclude the following issues:

- No router related, as the speed is fine on other PCs in the same network

- No hardware related, as the speed is perfectly fine on Linux-based VMs hosted by the Win machine in question.

I have followed all the proposed solutions I could find on google. I still haven't had any luck.

The only thing that I did not try was to reinstall Windows from scratch.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Tony H1, Feb 2, 2023
  3. JadenLay Win User
    Ethernet internet speed is slow

Hi, franco d'esaro,

The desktop is connected directly to the router through an ethernet cable. Then the router is connected to the modem. If I take my laptop and disable all wireless communications then connect it to the ethernet cable used for the desktop I get speeds up to
    400 Mbps but if I take that same cable and connect it to my desktop I only get speeds up to 150 Mbps even though I'm using a gigabit ethernet port. I tried running the computer with a clean boot as suggested in the link you sent but this did not end up fixing
    the problem.

JadenLay, Feb 2, 2023
  4. Lexes Win User

Win 10 Pro 22H2, Ethernet upload speed slow, Wireless and Ethernet in safe mode just fine

Slow upload speed on Ethernet Wired Connection.

I recently just reformatted my pc due to freezing problems. While that may have fixed it a new problem came around.

After reinstalling most of the drivers and essentials I went to check my internet speeds.

My current package deal is 30mpbs down and 10 mpbs up but my actual speeds right now is 30mbps down and
    0.9 mbps up.

The device driver for the Ethernet connection is called : Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219V

I have tried several things so far:

• Turning off and on the router.
    • Resetting the router to factory default
    • Checking the if the Ethernet cable is faulty by plugging it into a different PC only to discover my upload speed was back to 10mbps on that other PC
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the ethernet driver
    • Downloading the latest driver from Intel
    • Turning off Windows Firewall (My only Anti-Virus atm)
    • Found a forum stating I should disable "Large Send Offload V1" located in the Advanced tab of the device and enable the V2 but I only have V2 so I did not do anything.
    • I have doubts its a virus as the only thing I downloaded besides windows updates is chrome.
    So right now I am at a loss of what I should do to fix this. Since I learned that on my other PC I can get 10mbps upload but only on this particular one does not, I know there is something in the PC that is limiting the upload speed. I just do not know what
    is causing it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lexes, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

Win 10 Pro 22H2, Ethernet upload speed slow, Wireless and Ethernet in safe mode just fine

1. Win 10 Pro 22H2, Ethernet upload speed slow, Wireless and Ethernet in safe mode just fine - Similar Threads - Pro 22H2 Ethernet

2. Win 10 Pro 22H2, Ethernet upload speed slow, Wireless and Ethernet in safe mode just fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Pro 22H2, Ethernet upload speed slow, Wireless and Ethernet in safe mode just fine: My Win 10 machine has upload speeds under 1Mbps when using an Ethernet connection. Wireless upload speed is 15-20Mbps. Safe mode Etnernet connection is also 15-20Mbps. Here's what I've tried:Install latest network card driverRun the network troubleshooter - no problems...
  3. Win 10 Pro 22H2, Ethernet upload speed slow, Wireless and Ethernet in safe mode just fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Pro 22H2, Ethernet upload speed slow, Wireless and Ethernet in safe mode just fine: My Win 10 machine has upload speeds under 1Mbps when using an Ethernet connection. Wireless upload speed is 15-20Mbps. Safe mode Etnernet connection is also 15-20Mbps. Here's what I've tried:Install latest network card driverRun the network troubleshooter - no problems...
  4. Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.: Hi,I have noticed that this problem has been discussed in the past. Unfortunately, I could not find any solution, so here I am.As per the title, my Win10, with the latest updates applied, shows a slow download speed on the ethernet interface, 1/10th of the actual possible...
  5. Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.: Hi,I have noticed that this problem has been discussed in the past. Unfortunately, I could not find any solution, so here I am.As per the title, my Win10, with the latest updates applied, shows a slow download speed on the ethernet interface, 1/10th of the actual possible...
  6. Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.

7. Very slow upload speeds with ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow upload speeds with ethernet: My download speeds are through the roof at over 800mb/s but my upload speed is sitting at a pathetic 0.3-1mb/sI've tried disabling LSO, updating drivers, deleting the device and switching cords and ports. My brothers PC is working perfectly fine with the same downlopad speed...
  8. Very slow upload speeds with ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow upload speeds with ethernet: My download speeds are through the roof at over 800mb/s but my upload speed is sitting at a pathetic 0.3-1mb/sI've tried disabling LSO, updating drivers, deleting the device and switching cords and ports. My brothers PC is working perfectly fine with the same downlopad speed...
  9. Very slow upload speeds with ethernet

10. Slow Ethernet Speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Ethernet Speed: My computer is getting slower internet speeds on the same network as other computers. When running a speed test on my laptop on speedtest.net it shows download speeds of 500+ Mbps on the ethernet cable. Now taking that same ethernet cable and plugging it into my desktop I am...