Windows 10: Win 10 pro 64 bit updated, now wont boot...something wrong with mbr

Discus and support Win 10 pro 64 bit updated, now wont boot...something wrong with mbr in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So after updating to the anniversary edition I cannot load the OS. I have downloaded a couple of different versions of windows 10 and burned them to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vonheimler, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Win 10 pro 64 bit updated, now wont boot...something wrong with mbr

So after updating to the anniversary edition I cannot load the OS. I have downloaded a couple of different versions of windows 10 and burned them to dvd and usb. Tried to repair and re-install even, but can't even do that! I cannot fix the problem. I have it installed on an ssd, been installed for over a year without any problems. Any Ideas? I am using a bootable usb with windows PESEX64 to type this up. Tried using the various tools in this to no avail. I can see the partitions and they seem healthy...what gives? please help!*Mad

:)

vonheimler, Sep 10, 2016
  2. RWPhilips Win User

Desktop won't wake from sleep using mouse or keyboard using Win 10

I have a desktop that used to run Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit that I updated to Win 10 Pro 64 bit. The Win 7 machine always woke up from sleep using the mouse or keyboard. After the Win 10 upgrade, neither device wakes the computer. I checked the hardware settings
    of both devices and they are set to "wake the computer from sleep."

I can hit the power button and it will go through a "boot" process and then perform a wake up but that is wrong!

RWPhilips, Sep 10, 2016
  3. Win 7 key not activating Win 10

I installed Win 10 from the ISO on my computer and it worked great, but then I changed the MB and CPU out and then had to reinstall and now it is saying that it is not activated. Will this fix itself if I wait or do I need to do something else to fix it.

I am running Win 10 pro 64 bit, and had Win 7 pro 64 bit.

MatthewLambert, Sep 10, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Win 10 pro 64 bit updated, now wont boot...something wrong with mbr

On another pc, install Macrium Reflect Free and create a Rescue drive.

Boot from Rescue Drive and select restore tab.

Click on fix "windows boot problems"

It should list windows 10. If so click next, finish and with luck PC will now boot.

cereberus, Sep 10, 2016
  5. Gmunday Win User
    This may or may not be the cause. But if you manage to get into windows even in safe mode. You may want to try disabling fast boot. I have 2 systems relatively the exact same specs other than the CPU & 1 has problems with fast boot enabled & the other does not.

To disable this

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes.

This is more of a problem with older laptops but does effect modern systems too.

Gmunday, Sep 10, 2016
  6. He cannot use bcdboot c:\windows ?

Pipppero2007, Sep 10, 2016
  7. Sorry guys the actual error that comes up when trying to boot is boot configuration data is missing or contains errors...running out of hope here...thinking of installing linux!

vonheimler, Sep 11, 2016
  8. toolman59 Win User

One thing to try is at "power on" tap the F12 key which should list the various drives connected and allows you to select a temporary boot device. Select your ssd as the boot device. In the past I have had a similar problem and found that the system was trying to boot from the wrong device.
    If the system boots, the BIOS boot order needs to be reset or if F12 does not work check the BIOS boot order anyway.

toolman59, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 pro 64 bit updated, now wont boot...something wrong with mbr - Similar Threads - pro bit updated

2. Windows 10 pro 64 bit not booting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro 64 bit not booting: I can't open, boot or reload Windows 10 to my computer. Since I don't have and OS anymore, telling me to use the Windows functions or downloading and app won't work. I need to be able to do something from the command prompt or the Asus Bios as this is all I have working. I...
  3. Upgrading win 10 Home 64 bits to Win 10 64 bits Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading win 10 Home 64 bits to Win 10 64 bits Pro: I have a laptop with win10 Home 64 bits installed on it. I need t upgrade it to Win 10 Pro 64 bits. I have a digital Licence on my PC Pro 64 bits. I have already tried to upgrade my laptop with clean install but Microsoft does not give me any choice except buying the...
  4. CFS3 not installing on Win 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CFS3 not installing on Win 10 Pro 64-bit: I had CFS2 and CFS3 running on Win 10 after upgrading but I decided yesterday to do a clean-up and deleted all versions (stock, ETO, BoB, MAW, PTO, etc.). Now I can't get the installer to work much less solve the Compatibly issues once CFS3 is installed. I get a 0x000005...
  5. Win 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit: Since, in my 2 laborious (!) years of experience with Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) on the nicely-'appointed' desktop I built, it does not work as advertised, can I return it to MS and replace it Windows 7 Pro (64-bit which does work as advertised)? I thought I was being smart to...
  6. win 10 64 bit

win 10 64 bit: I bought a disc win 10 0em from newegg. ok here,s the question if I get a new motherboard I will be able to activate like win 7 right? clean install from dvd it has a license on the package. 40253
  7. Is this the latest available Win 10 Pro 64-bit update?

Is this the latest available Win 10 Pro 64-bit update?: As per the thread title - do I have the latest available update? I run Win 10 Pro 64-bit. Download went OK, but it took a long time to install, with just one restart needed [img] 42656
  8. UAC Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC Win 10 Pro 64 bit.: Hi all, Good to be here. Somehow I have managed to mess up my only UAC (the hidden one in Command Prompt. It does show up on the login page but Account name is "NewUsername", Username is "Brian-HP/NewUsername" and it asks for a password. Which I cant find or remember as it...
  9. Latest Win 10 Pro 64-bit update

Latest Win 10 Pro 64-bit update: Is this the latest update version? It downloaded this a.m. I am not on the insider program [img] 43504
  10. update win 10 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update win 10 32 bit to 64 bit: My old Dell 530S mother board will run 32 bit or 64 bit, it came with 32 bit. So when I did the free upgrade from win 7 to win 10 it of course kept it at 32 bit. I did the reset of win 10 but did not see any option for 64 bit. All the computers in the family are 64 bit. Can...