Windows 10: Win 10 PRO 64 Mic not working/ static or digital noise

Discus and support Win 10 PRO 64 Mic not working/ static or digital noise in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I have been having mic issues where its always in the red. I used "voice recorder" and its either static or a digital noise sound, kinda like an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by entex, Oct 3, 2019.

1. entex Win User

Win 10 PRO 64 Mic not working/ static or digital noise

Hi!

I have been having mic issues where its always in the red. I used "voice recorder" and its either static or a digital noise sound, kinda like an old dial up modem.

I tried all the suggested troubleshooting options and nothing worked.

I was messing around in Sound options and under mic, the default sample rate and bit depth was set to 32 bit, 44100 Hz.

I changed it to 16 bit, 19200 Hz and no more static or "digital noise". I can hear myself and it works like it used too.

Control Panel > Sound > Recording > Properties > Advanced. Change to a lower bit rate.

Did anyone else encounter this problem?

build 1909

:)

entex, Oct 3, 2019
  2. GuiM1# Win User

Windows 10 Microphone Noise suppression not working, background static noise

Hi guys,

My girlfriend just bought a new PC (ASUS x556u) and everything was working perfectly when i was with her. When i got home we decided to test the PC built in Cam and Mic, and i noticed right away an annoying background static noise. We have tried everything
    we can think of, Her Realtek HD Audio Manager is different from mine( i also have an ASUS). Her audio drivers are up to date. I suspect one thing is not working on her mic, when i take the tick out from the "noise suppression" option, she starts to hear the
    same static noise, but when she takes out the tick on her "noise suppression" option the static noise does not increase. That makes me believe that her "noise suppression" is not working, either she ticks it or not.

Can someone help please. (she spent a lot of time picking a good pc for her and now she is a bit sad her mic might not be working, if so she has to use the warranty and that takes time, we are students and we have exames soon, she needs the computer to study)

GuiM1#, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Hearing static in mic

My friends claim that my mic has some sort of static noise when I call them from my computer

TheOnlyBoba, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Rick4892 Win User

Windows 10 static noise

I am using the Logitech G230 as a headset and before installing Windows 10 the sound was fine. But after installing Windows 10 my microphone makes alot of static noise. I tried my headset on a computer with Windows 7 again and the static noise dissapeared,
    but after going back to my own computer with Windows 10 the static noise came back. What can I do to fix this?

Rick4892, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 PRO 64 Mic not working/ static or digital noise - Similar Threads - PRO Mic working

2. Static Noises in Calls

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Static Noises in Calls: Hello, I'm Gabe and I've been having some issues with microphone. When I call someone on my laptop, they tell me they hear static like this, which I recorded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhSxJ4UrPr0&feature=youtu.be I can also hear, but very slightly in my left earbud,...
  3. White noise/static from headphones and speakers

White noise/static from headphones and speakers: I'm using Lenovo 80VF, but whenever I plug in my headphones and try to play music or videos I can hear an annoying, faint hissing sounds that seems like static in the background. I've tried using different headphones, but the same things keeps happening. It doesn't make any...
  4. Need to UPGRADE Win 7 Pro X 64 to Win 10 Pro X 64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to UPGRADE Win 7 Pro X 64 to Win 10 Pro X 64: Upgrading Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: Running Win 7 Pro with Service Pak 1 on a HP PC Desktop Mo h8-1360t 1.00 and I want to upgrade (not a fresh install) upgrade Win 7 Pro 64 bit to Win 10 Pro. 64 Bit Spec: Processor is Intel (R) Quad Core I-7-3770CPU 3.4 GHZ, 10 GB Mem ,...
  5. Headphone jack producing static noise.

Headphone jack producing static noise.: I have a Acer TravelMate B117 that I have been having audio issues with. My speakers work fine (they were acting up so I restarted my laptop and this is when the troubles started to occur, also wasn't even picking up that there was anything plugged in before restart), but...
  6. Win 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit: Since, in my 2 laborious (!) years of experience with Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) on the nicely-'appointed' desktop I built, it does not work as advertised, can I return it to MS and replace it Windows 7 Pro (64-bit which does work as advertised)? I thought I was being smart to...
  7. Static noise when speaker/earphone is plugged in

Static noise when speaker/earphone is plugged in: Hello I have an asus k550v running on windows10 (updated). Also updated the sound drivers. I was able to use my speaker/earphone on this laptop and worked fine before. Until today, the speaker has this loud static sound. The same static sound is also there when i tried my...
  8. Static noise when using the earphone jacl

Static noise when using the earphone jacl: Hi i have a dell inspiron 5521 on windows 10 and i have all the audio drivers installed but when i put in my earphones a soft static or hissing noise plays and it is highly annoying, any help would be highly appreciated. I have read many posts and have tried uninstalling...
  9. Static Noises for Audio

Static Noises for Audio: Windows 10 Home 64bit, HP Pavilion dv7 When I play videos on Youtube or Vimeo or music on SoundCloud (which is as much as I tested), I hear a static sound. It happens the most often for YouTube, maybe 10 seconds, and less often for Vimeo and SoundCloud. This impacts...
  10. Static Fix and Audio Mic Recognition

in Windows 10 Support
    Static Fix and Audio Mic Recognition: So I didn't find any forums for the product, hopefully anyone here can help. I recently bought this new headset, the Etekcity H5GX Gaming Headset, link is below, and despite the reviews that say they get no static when using the mic, when I record in Audacity or...