Windows 10: Win 10 Pro 64 no longer updates - apparently a number of weeks now?

Discus and support Win 10 Pro 64 no longer updates - apparently a number of weeks now? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; OK guys...mounting the iso worked perfectly....thank-you so much !! Now I have these files in file manager (jpg)...is it safe to delete all these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by trinaz, Oct 14, 2016.

1. AndreTen Win User

Win 10 Pro 64 no longer updates - apparently a number of weeks now?

You're welcome and great it worked for you *Thumbs

I myself have to use this option on one computer yesterday. You have used ISO to upgrade, I selected option from second post (DISM) with ISO mounted. Difference is in those files left behind. Both methods works similar otherwise.

Like EdTittel posted, click on Start and type cleanup (clean would suffice) - then select disk cleanup and drive C: Proceed like stated in post above.

Post back about how it goes.

AndreTen, Oct 19, 2016
  2. Bree New Member

If you type Disk Clean-up in Search you can right-click on it and 'Run as administrator' - goes straight to the 'clean up system files' results that way.

3. Bree New Member
    d is all I need to type these days *chuckle

4. AndreTen Win User

Good tip! Thanks @Bree *Smile

AndreTen, Oct 19, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    Isn't there a less typing intensive way *Biggrin?

cereberus, Oct 19, 2016
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    "Hey, Cortana! Get your junk off my machine!"

f14tomcat, Oct 19, 2016
  7. trinaz Win User
    Opps...the system basically is running fine...haven't tried to delete any files created during mount operations yet...but have come across another issue. Now all my "accessories" are not responding when clicking on them...ie...clock, calendar...etc.

Just ran sfc /scannow an results are in jpg attached....also CBS.log ??

Any further guidance will be greatly appreciated on how to get my accessories back...

Thanks.....TiminAz

trinaz, Oct 19, 2016
  8. EdTittel Win User

You've got one corrupt file: the shortcut to the snipping tool, according to CBS.log. Not really a significant issue. Here's the info:

2016-10-20 10:17:58, Info CSI 00000007 Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-snippingtool-app_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.14393.0_none_c7386daaa0559849\Snipping Tool.lnk do not match actual file [l:17]'Snipping Tool.lnk'

There's got to be an easy way to fix this, but I'll be darned if I can remember how. Goes off to look ... you could try a fix using DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth but you have to grab the ISO file that matches your base Windows install (probably version 1607), mount it, and point the /source attribute to the ...\sources\install.wim:1 element.

HTH,
    --Ed--

PS: it's not serious, though, so you really don't need to worry about it too much.

EdTittel, Oct 19, 2016
  9. trinaz Win User
    Thanks Ed...still trying to get my various accessories to run...clock, calendar, cortana, calculator icons in task bar are all non-responsive ? Where (directory) are the exe files stored for these four accessories and what would be causing them not to respond when clicked on in the task bar ?

TiminAz

trinaz, Oct 19, 2016
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    @trinaz ... To get a more readable file from the SFC scan, run this from an Admin command line. Substitute your user name for mine (dhubb). It will create a text file on your desktop. Easy to scan/scroll thru to see the errors or what was fixed.

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"c:\users\dhubb\desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

TC

f14tomcat, Oct 19, 2016
  11. trinaz Win User
    must be goofing somewhere...here is my string in administrative command prompt:

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"c:\users\Tim\desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

sfcdetails.txt on Desktop is empty ?

trinaz, Oct 20, 2016
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    must be goofing somewhere...here is my string in administrative command prompt:

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"c:\users\Tim\desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

sfcdetails.txt on Desktop is empty ?

f14tomcat, Oct 20, 2016
  13. EdTittel Win User

Try the repair install first and if that doesn't work roll back before the AU. Hopefully, the first will work and the second won't be necessary.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 28, 2016
  14. trinaz Win User
    Success !!!

To all who helped on this...my problem has been completely corrected...but I can't say 'solved'...since I don't know exactly what happened. What I did is go back to a complete Acronis tib system backup of my Windows Pro C: drive system from July 1, 2016

After start up...I just left everything alone and low and behold...everything...including Anniversary Update, downloaded and installed without a hitch. Last 24 hours of testing/using also went without a hitch...Updates - Firewall issues gone - and all my accessories and options respond and are working fine...even Cortana is zipping along.

Obviously immediately saved another current Acronis image and backed that up twice to two different drives ?

Wish I could report what worked...but glad I'm up and running with (so far) a new Win 10 Pro 64bit system and Anniversary update that is functioning great !!

Many thanks to all that helped....

TiminAz

trinaz, Nov 1, 2016
  15. f14tomcat Win User
    Great news! Smart move to do an immediate new backup! And 2 at that! Keep it running like a champ. Now you're all set for next Tuesday when the monthly patches come out. Another backup after that.

Good job!

TC

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Pro 64 no longer updates - apparently a number of weeks now? - Similar Threads - Pro longer updates

2. BSOD for several weeks now on win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD for several weeks now on win 10: hello please help me with my problem i tried reading the problem to the windbg but my knowledge for the application is low please help me here is the DMP file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qFWWWiut0LoeQfcE8kiGCWmHfRgUN5dl/view?usp=sharingSPECS i7 4790sHIS rx 57012gb...
  3. BSOD for several weeks now on win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD for several weeks now on win 10: hello please help me with my problem i tried reading the problem to the windbg but my knowledge for the application is low please help me here is the DMP file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qFWWWiut0LoeQfcE8kiGCWmHfRgUN5dl/view?usp=sharingSPECS i7 4790sHIS rx 57012gb...
  4. BSOD for several weeks now on win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Help replacing Win.7Pro 64, to Win.10 Pro 64?

Help replacing Win.7Pro 64, to Win.10 Pro 64?: Howdy all! I am unfortunately in a situation where I think I will need to replace hardware, [ie: B85 Chipset MoBo, and Intel core i7, CPU] before installing either a "clean," or an "upgrade" to WIN10? I perform upgrades every six or seven years, to keep up with technology....
  6. BSOD for several weeks now on win 10

BSOD for several weeks now on win 10: I am experiencing BSOD for several weeks now on win 10, run windbg on dmp files and received the output below, can anyone help and tell me what needs to be done? ******************************************************************************* *...
  7. Need to UPGRADE Win 7 Pro X 64 to Win 10 Pro X 64

Need to UPGRADE Win 7 Pro X 64 to Win 10 Pro X 64: Upgrading Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: Running Win 7 Pro with Service Pak 1 on a HP PC Desktop Mo h8-1360t 1.00 and I want to upgrade (not a fresh install) upgrade Win 7 Pro 64 bit to Win 10 Pro. 64 Bit Spec: Processor is Intel (R) Quad Core I-7-3770CPU 3.4 GHZ, 10 GB Mem ,...
  8. Win 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit: Since, in my 2 laborious (!) years of experience with Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) on the nicely-'appointed' desktop I built, it does not work as advertised, can I return it to MS and replace it Windows 7 Pro (64-bit which does work as advertised)? I thought I was being smart to...
  9. Latest Win 10 Pro 64-bit update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win 10 Pro 64-bit update: Is this the latest update version? It downloaded this a.m. I am not on the insider program [img] 43504
  10. Win 10 pro 64 bit updated, now wont boot...something wrong with mbr

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 pro 64 bit updated, now wont boot...something wrong with mbr: So after updating to the anniversary edition I cannot load the OS. I have downloaded a couple of different versions of windows 10 and burned them to dvd and usb. Tried to repair and re-install even, but can't even do that! I cannot fix the problem. I have it installed on an...