Windows 10: win 10 pro activation after hardware change

Discus and support win 10 pro activation after hardware change in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got the free upgrade to 10 from 8 it loaded the pro version. My mother board failed and had to be replaced. On activating it gives a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JonathanSpires, Sep 18, 2018.

1. win 10 pro activation after hardware change

I got the free upgrade to 10 from 8 it loaded the pro version. My mother board failed and had to be replaced. On activating it gives a message 0x800700B. It cannot connect to my organizations activating server. I am 78years old I do not have an organization. The product is licensed to me. How can I solve this problem.

Jonnie

:)

JonathanSpires, Sep 18, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

Win 10 Pro OEM activation issue

Hello Larry,

Significant hardware changes such as replacing your hard drive or motherboard may lead to issues in activating Windows 10. To better assist you and provide you with the appropriate resolution, we would like to know a few more information. Kindly answer the
    questions below:

• Did Windows 10 Pro came pre-installed with your computer?
    • Do you have the Windows 10 Pro installation disc available?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to key in your activation code?
    • Were there any significant hard ware changes done on your computer?
    • What were the exact troubleshooting steps you and the MS support teams have tried?

As an initial recommendation, you may check on this article and follow the steps provided to run the Activation troubleshooter:
    Using the Activation troubleshooter.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Sep 18, 2018
  3. JT1969C10 Win User
    Activating WIndows 10 after hardware change.

Before replacing my hardware on my main computer, I logged into my Microsoft Windows account. Once logged in, I saw that the name of the PC that I was upgrading was in my list of PCs that were activated for Windows 10 Pro. So after reviewing how to reactivate
    after a HW changed, I went ahead and upgraded the motherboard, CPU and memory in that PC.

Now, when it is time to reactivate, the PC in question is still listed in the hardware list on my MS account but it will not allow me to activate Windows. I followed the instructions online and ran the troubleshooting tool. It then gave me the following
    response:

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the
    Windows 10 digital license on this device or try again later.

See other devices linked to your Microsoft account

So why would it not find the license that was for this PC when it had the old hardware installed? My assumption, albeit may wrong, was that the PC was activated because it was in the list. It was also activated as a Windows 10 Pro edition.

Anyone have any suggestions on this type of issue?

JT1969C10, Sep 18, 2018
  4. win 10 pro activation after hardware change

Activation problems after hardware changes and reinstallations.

Hi Meli,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Was Windows 10 activated before re-installing it?

Along with the suggestions provided by Greg, you can also refer the steps below.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

Why can't I activate Windows 10?:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

win 10 pro activation after hardware change

1. win 10 pro activation after hardware change - Similar Threads - pro activation hardware

2. Win 10 Activation After Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Activation After Hardware Change: I switched my hard drive for one of those new shiny SSDs. Little did I know that MS needs to be informed before such a change. Now windows is no longer activated and won't reactivate through my account. I do I get windows activated again? Nothing I've seen on the web pages...
  3. Win 10 Activation After Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Activation After Hardware Change: I switched my hard drive for one of those new shiny SSDs. Little did I know that MS needs to be informed before such a change. Now windows is no longer activated and won't reactivate through my account. I do I get windows activated again? Nothing I've seen on the web pages...
  4. Win 10 Activation After Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win 10 activation after hardware change

Win 10 activation after hardware change: What i need to do afer changing motherboard and processor to get rid of error 0xC004F211?I used Troubleshoot tool, but the output was "We werent able to activate Windows on this device", then i pressed "I recently changed hardware on this device" and got that:"Unable to...
  6. Win 10 activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 activation after hardware change: What i need to do afer changing motherboard and processor to get rid of error 0xC004F211?I used Troubleshoot tool, but the output was "We werent able to activate Windows on this device", then i pressed "I recently changed hardware on this device" and got that:"Unable to...
  7. Win 10 activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. win 10 activation after hardware change

win 10 activation after hardware change: Hello, Upgraded my PC for Christmas, everything new, except SSD HD, created a USB repair stick from SSD to load a new larger HD, installed fine but will not activate, originally had win 7 family pack and did the free win 10 upgrade, tried changing the key using the...
  9. Win 10 activation after hardware changes.

Win 10 activation after hardware changes.: I have two Windows 10 Pro machines. One was an HP Pavilion Slimline S3714UK, 4GB RAM, E8400 CPU, Nvidia chipset. The other, an HP DC5800SFF, 8GB RAM, E8400, Intel Q33 chipset. Yesterday, I received an HP 600 Pro SFF machine to replace the DC5800 as main box. The 5800 then...
  10. Activation after hardware change failed (win 10 pro)

Activation after hardware change failed (win 10 pro): I upgraded from 7 to 10 quite a while ago. Everything was fine for over a year and now i've upgraded some hardware and suddenly my windows required activation but notning works. How can I resolve this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after pc reseting the windows edition was changed. now i cant activate windows

2. win 10 activation changed online

3. activation of win 10 after upgrade hardware

4. win 10 hardware change activation