Windows 10: Win 10 Pro activation failed after upgrade

Discus and support Win 10 Pro activation failed after upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Recently I reinstalled Windows using my OEM recovery tools on my Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop. Because I had spare Windows 7 Pro key I decided to use it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Metron45, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Metron45 Win User

Win 10 Pro activation failed after upgrade

Recently I reinstalled Windows using my OEM recovery tools on my Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop.
    Because I had spare Windows 7 Pro key I decided to use it to upgrade my Windows 10 installation to Pro version. The Windows settings accepted my key and done automatic update of my Windows installation.

After a reboot I had extremely annoying always on top pop-up. Even through I obtained everything legally and everything I done was accepted by Windows Settings at a time.
    I tried to activate it using key I used to upgrade and it failed. I also got OEM Win10Home key using ShowKeyPlus tool and tried it. Neither worked to activate windows, through one of them were accepted by Windows during upgrade and second one is specifically fit for this machine.

I cannot reinstall windows using OEM recovery tool because of it deleting all data. I cannot reinstall windows 10 using regular installation process because my laptop doesn't function properly without all software included in Lenovo tool.

What am I supposed to do in this situation?

:)

Metron45, Aug 7, 2019
  2. RobCoxXA Win User

Win 10 Pro upgrade using Win 8 Pro product key

I just bought a new computer running Win 10 Home. When I went to upgrade to Win 10 Pro using my Win 8 Pro product key from my old computer, the upgrade wouldn't activate.

Now I'm stuck with a bunch of error messages (mainly 0xC004C003) and am being told windows isn't activated. I can't seem to get my activated Win 10 Home back.

I don't have a product key for the Win 10 Home because it came pre-installed. There's no product code recorded on the packaging or labelling on the device.

So:

How do I either

• activate the Win Pro upgrade, or
    • Get my activated Win 10 home back?

RobCoxXA, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

Fine, but how do I get a digital Licence for Win 10 PRo??

Going to Microsoft Store via the upgrade with digital licence link, provides no opton for upgrading.

Any solution??

JohnStorey11, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Win 10 Pro activation failed after upgrade

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Pro activation failed after upgrade

1. Win 10 Pro activation failed after upgrade - Similar Threads - Pro activation failed

2. No Camera After Upgrading To Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Camera After Upgrading To Win 10 Pro: This is an "ever since" story. Ever since I updated to Windows 10 Pro... I have tried 3 different webcams 2 - Logitech HD Pro C920 webcams 1 - Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 and all of them either give me a black screen or my machine doesn't recognize them. So far, I've done...
  3. Win 10 not upgrading to Pro after reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 not upgrading to Pro after reinstall: Hi all, I had to reinstall my OS after a hard disk crash, I re-installed by downloading again the original setup from Dell. That's all working. The problem is I had upgraded my OS from Home to Pro before the crash, but my PC has not upgraded itself to the Pro version...
  4. Activation after hardware change failed (win 10 pro)

Activation after hardware change failed (win 10 pro): I upgraded from 7 to 10 quite a while ago. Everything was fine for over a year and now i've upgraded some hardware and suddenly my windows required activation but notning works. How can I resolve this?...
  5. Activation Win. 10 Pro

Activation Win. 10 Pro: I bought my brand new "hp" laptop in August with a licenced and activated Win 10 Pro,now it wants from me to activate it again,but i don´t have the activation code ,because the seller haven˙t gave me anything in that maner ,or even told me that i will need such a thing.So...
  6. Upgrading valid, activated Win 10 Home to Pro completely fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading valid, activated Win 10 Home to Pro completely fails: Hello, I have a laptop with a preinstalled and validated Win 10 Home. Today I tried to upgrade it to Win 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store. I bought the corresponding Win 10 Pro upgrade (after some payment hassle, I hope it is not relating..). After the purchase the...
  7. Purchased win 10 pro upgrade, now not activated

Purchased win 10 pro upgrade, now not activated: I purchased a new HP laptop 4 days ago with win 10 home. Yesterday I purchased win 10 pro upgrade from win store. when i rebooted today system says not activated. Troubleshooter error is 0x803F7001. Trouble shooter can't fix, please help. Michael...
  8. Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro

Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro: I installed Windows 10 pro as a VMware Workstation 14 Player Virtual Machine. I tried to activate it using the product key from an OEM Win7 pro DVD I purchased for a pc I built years ago (and then disassembled months ago). That didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks for any...
  9. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro failed to activate

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro failed to activate: I have been running Windows 10 Home on my Dell XPS8700 PC for over a year, but I decided to upgrade to the Pro version. I used the link in the settings under Activation and it took me to the Microsoft Store. I paid the upgrade fee and it seemed to upgrade no problem. But when...
  10. Win 10 won't upgrade legal activated win 7 pro

Win 10 won't upgrade legal activated win 7 pro: Windows 10 Media-creation tool downloads and runs up until the point where it puts out a message that there is a problem with the Windows 7 product key. (sorry, I don't have the exact text at the moment) This Windows 7 Pro 64 is an unquestionably legal oem installed OS and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows activation fails after pro upgrade