Windows 10: Win 10 Pro activation failed after upgrade

Discus and support Win 10 Pro activation failed after upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Recently I reinstalled Windows using my OEM recovery tools on my Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop. Because I had spare Windows 7 Pro key I decided to use it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Metron45, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Metron45 Win User

Win 10 Pro activation failed after upgrade

Recently I reinstalled Windows using my OEM recovery tools on my Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop.
    Because I had spare Windows 7 Pro key I decided to use it to upgrade my Windows 10 installation to Pro version. The Windows settings accepted my key and done automatic update of my Windows installation.

After a reboot I had extremely annoying always on top pop-up. Even through I obtained everything legally and everything I done was accepted by Windows Settings at a time.
    I tried to activate it using key I used to upgrade and it failed. I also got OEM Win10Home key using ShowKeyPlus tool and tried it. Neither worked to activate windows, through one of them were accepted by Windows during upgrade and second one is specifically fit for this machine.

I cannot reinstall windows using OEM recovery tool because of it deleting all data. I cannot reinstall windows 10 using regular installation process because my laptop doesn't function properly without all software included in Lenovo tool.

What am I supposed to do in this situation?

:)

Metron45, Aug 7, 2019
  2. RobCoxXA Win User

Win 10 Pro upgrade using Win 8 Pro product key

I just bought a new computer running Win 10 Home. When I went to upgrade to Win 10 Pro using my Win 8 Pro product key from my old computer, the upgrade wouldn't activate.

Now I'm stuck with a bunch of error messages (mainly 0xC004C003) and am being told windows isn't activated. I can't seem to get my activated Win 10 Home back.

I don't have a product key for the Win 10 Home because it came pre-installed. There's no product code recorded on the packaging or labelling on the device.

So:

How do I either

• activate the Win Pro upgrade, or
    • Get my activated Win 10 home back?

RobCoxXA, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

Fine, but how do I get a digital Licence for Win 10 PRo??

Going to Microsoft Store via the upgrade with digital licence link, provides no opton for upgrading.

Any solution??

JohnStorey11, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Win 10 Pro activation failed after upgrade

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Pro activation failed after upgrade

1. Win 10 Pro activation failed after upgrade - Similar Threads - Pro activation failed

2. Contacting support following failed Win 10 Pro upgrade activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Contacting support following failed Win 10 Pro upgrade activation: Can someone in Microsoft support please contact me? I have purchased a Win 10 Home to Pro update from the Microsoft store. I appreciate there may be cheaper ways to do this but I wanted a hassle free experience so chose the official route. However : - Win 10 Pro has...
  3. Win 10 Home upgrade to Pro fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home upgrade to Pro fails: I bought an ex-leased Win 10 Laptop in New Zealand from a legitimate sales outlet. I live in NZ. I now wish to upgrade to Win10 Pro. Clicked on Settings/Update & Security/Activation/Go to the Store. I clicked on 'Buy' for $99.00. The only States and Country to choose from are...
  4. Win 10 not activated after upgrading from activated Win 8.1

Win 10 not activated after upgrading from activated Win 8.1: Hi. I've taken my laptop to a local PC shop to get it upgraded from Win 8.1 as it was extremely buggy. They upgraded to Win 10 Pro, but over time I started getting pop up messages asking to activate windows. Windows 8.1 was activated, as it came directly from the...
  5. Upgraded a fully activated Win 7 Ultimate/Pro to Win 10 Pro - Activation fails after a few...

Upgraded a fully activated Win 7 Ultimate/Pro to Win 10 Pro - Activation fails after a few...: Help! I recently upgraded a fully activated Win 7 Ultimate laptop, Dell Precision M6800, to Win 10 Pro. I used the USB media created at the MS link. It seemed to be 100% successful except on one minor application. It indicated that it was fully activated but the next day,...
  6. Win 10 activation after an Upgrade

Win 10 activation after an Upgrade: Hi, I upgraded to WIn 10 from my Win 7 Pro 64 All went great and I have used it for a while, then found I needed more power than my old Q6600 Quad Core. I upgraded to an i7 9700 on a Gigabyte 390 Aorus Pro board . I have previously linked my Win 10 installation to my...
  7. Activation failed after upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro

Activation failed after upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hello! I`ve just upgraded my Windows 10 Home to Pro edition via Microsoft Store, and after a restart Windows tells me that there is a problem with activation, error 0xC004F025. But I didn`t receive any new product key in my order confirmation email, and old key for Windows...
  8. Repeatedly failed win 7 pro upgrade to win 10 pro

Repeatedly failed win 7 pro upgrade to win 10 pro: I've tried to upgrade my win 7 pro 64 to win 10 pro 64 for years on and off. I saved the WIN 10 ISO 1909 and thought that I would try again before the end of support. It kept failing until I tried to use anytime upgrade using my win 7 pro license key. Time was running short...
  9. Activation after hardware change failed (win 10 pro)

Activation after hardware change failed (win 10 pro): I upgraded from 7 to 10 quite a while ago. Everything was fine for over a year and now i've upgraded some hardware and suddenly my windows required activation but notning works. How can I resolve this?...
  10. Upgrading valid, activated Win 10 Home to Pro completely fails

Upgrading valid, activated Win 10 Home to Pro completely fails: Hello, I have a laptop with a preinstalled and validated Win 10 Home. Today I tried to upgrade it to Win 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store. I bought the corresponding Win 10 Pro upgrade (after some payment hassle, I hope it is not relating..). After the purchase the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if windows10 activation is failed again i need to activate windows 10 what are steps required

2. windows activation fails after pro upgrade