Windows 10: Win 10 Pro AU 1607 cannot authenticate to SMB share

Discus and support Win 10 Pro AU 1607 cannot authenticate to SMB share in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since installing Win 10 Pro AU 1607 I can no longer authenticate to a local SMB share. My laptop is still on 1511 and it is able to authenticate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by r0ss, Aug 16, 2016.

1. r0ss Win User

Win 10 Pro AU 1607 cannot authenticate to SMB share

Since installing Win 10 Pro AU 1607 I can no longer authenticate to a local SMB share.

My laptop is still on 1511 and it is able to authenticate just fine. Same LAN, same SMB share.

The only difference is my desktop is 1607.

Every time I try to authenticate it gives the error "Access is denied" and it just keeps showing me the box to enter my credentials.

My Google Fu isn't great, I haven't found a fix for this confirmed to work with 1607. Does anyone know a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

:)

2. R. Hansen_690, Aug 16, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Network Computers missing on some computers (9 networked together)

This is because the Master Browser of the SMB network works properly. So the first machine you turn on becomes Master Browser, but all the other machines can't seem to find network shares.

Turning off SMB 2/3 worked for me, BTW, but I don't want to lose the features of SMB 3.

See more here:

Cannot connect to CIFS / SMB / Samba Network Shares & Shared Folders in Windows 10 after update 1511/10586

That link goes to a vibrant discussion and troubleshooting of the new troubles that Windows 10 10586 has brought into SMB shares.

R. Hansen_690, Aug 16, 2016
  4. mingle Win User

mingle, Aug 30, 2016
  5. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Pro AU 1607 cannot authenticate to SMB share - Similar Threads - Pro 1607 cannot

2. Windows 10 Pro SMB Authentication Not Connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro SMB Authentication Not Connecting: Running Windows 10 Pro. I've tried everything to access my SMB server--nothing works. I've tried using my Microsoft online credentials; I've made a dummy local account and tried those credentials; I've used variations of User\[user] and password. Would some please advise?...
  3. Windows 10 Pro SMB Authentication Not Connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro SMB Authentication Not Connecting: Running Windows 10 Pro. I've tried everything to access my SMB server--nothing works. I've tried using my Microsoft online credentials; I've made a dummy local account and tried those credentials; I've used variations of User\[user] and password. Would some please advise?...
  4. Windows 10 Pro SMB Authentication Not Connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. SMB share credentials

SMB share credentials: Hi, I have a synology unit that is added to the microsoft AD as are all the PCs that access that unit. all the users are members of an AD group that has read/write permissions on a particular folder. When a user tries to access that folder, they get a message "windows...
  6. Entering a SMB share

Entering a SMB share: Hi everyone, in W10 i shared a folder and i want to enter them using "ES File Explorer" in Android. From that app i'm requested for user e psw. SMB protocol are active: Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>...
  7. Win 10 AU . . . 'Beta'?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 AU . . . 'Beta'?: - Was this update supposed to be 'end product' . . . . or 'Beta' for final product? Yes, I really do not know. Anyone? 60288
  8. WIn 10 10586 64 Pro Slow Share Access over SMB and ReadyNAS 516

WIn 10 10586 64 Pro Slow Share Access over SMB and ReadyNAS 516: I have a share mapped to my ReadyNAS 516 to all of my media over SMB. There are multiple directories in that share from small to large. Every time I access that share from Windows 10 I get the green progress bar and it takes forever to cache and populate explorer - even when...
  9. Windows 10 AU 1607: Icon Text Left Justified

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 AU 1607: Icon Text Left Justified: Yesterday I installed Windows 10 Anniversary Update 1607 14393.10 Now my Explorer Icon Text is all Left Justified, I HATE IT! [EDIT] Just realised that it isn't consistent. In some windows it isn't all left justified. The first line is centred, the remaining lines are...
  10. A new glitch apparently due to AU 1607?

in Windows 10 Support
    A new glitch apparently due to AU 1607?: After installing AU 1607 and having a heck of a time trying to get Logitech's Setpoint 6.67.83 to install and get my TRB-22 to work - never did (see posts on Drivers and Hardware), I now had an interesting incident which may be or not be related to the AU install. Woke...