Windows 10: WIN 10 Pro - Build 2004 - Digital Audio & High CPU Usage Issues

Discus and support WIN 10 Pro - Build 2004 - Digital Audio & High CPU Usage Issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating Win 10 to build 2004 my PC has developed serious problems with digital audio output not working via external speakers . Note HDMI audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertPenn3, Aug 11, 2020.

1. WIN 10 Pro - Build 2004 - Digital Audio & High CPU Usage Issues

After updating Win 10 to build 2004 my PC has developed serious problems with digital audio output not working via external speakers . Note HDMI audio still works via my monitor with in-build speakers.

At the same time the following window services are consuming large amounts of CPU when the system is idle,

Service Host: Local Service Network Restricted

Service Host: Windows Audio Endpoint Builder

The only way I can stop this high CPU usage is to disable the two services and prevent them from starting.

After reading many comments in this forum I note there are a number of bugs reported in build 2004 some of which are causing my issues.

Is any one else having these issues?

Microsoft needs to fix these bugs asap.

:)

RobertPenn3, Aug 11, 2020
  2. deadalos Win User

"System" process with high CPU usage

I have exactly the same issue (high CPU usage) on a brand new HP ProBook 440 G5 (i7-8550U, pre-installed Win 10 Pro).

I am pretty sure that there is a problem with audio drivers when the computer wakes up from a sleep mode. I first observed that process flow.exe (audio bloatware provided by HP/Conexant) was consuming (after waking up) ~10–15 % CPU. Here's what I did:

• I have updated Windows to 1709, build 16229.251 and installed all updates --> Nothing has changed.
    • I have updated BIOS to the latest version provided by HP. --> Nothing has changed.
    • I have run Windows troubleshooting and HP Support Assistant checks --> No problems found, nothing has changed
    • I have manually updated Conexant ISST Audio Drivers (via Device Manager -> Update drivers). Windows installed a newer version. -->
      CPU usage by flow.exe has disappeared, but process called System in thread ACPI.sys+0x21cb0 started consuming ~20 % CPU.
    • I have uninstalled all Conexant software&drivers and manually installed generic High Definition Audio Device drivers provided by Microsoft (Driver Date: 21.02.2018). --> ACPI.sys+0x21cb0 still consumes ~20 % CPU.

Same issues are discussed in these threads on HP site:

The result is I cannot use sleep mode (as advised by this post:
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/ProBook-450-with-high-CPU-usage/m-p/6611446/highlight/true#M149605
    ).

deadalos, Aug 11, 2020
  3. High CPU usage.

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.239)

How to fix high CPU usage.

When I run any program the CPU usage will be above 80%. When I checked it I found some processes which are using high CPU usage.

Desktop Windows Manager -> 10.8%

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation -> 5.8%

Antimalware Service Executable -> 55% (I want to kill these process permanently)

System Interrupts -> 12%

I want to kill all these process. Please guide how I stop them.

My PC configuration:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7020U CPU @2.30GHZ

Ram -> 12GB

Harddisk -> 250gb SSD and 1 TB HDD

_lightNoob, Aug 11, 2020
  4. bizwiz41 Win User

WIN 10 Pro - Build 2004 - Digital Audio & High CPU Usage Issues

Windows 10 Pro High CPU usage at startup

My "issue" is that I have two HP Mini laptops running Win 10 Pro; both exhibit the issue of high CPU usage at startup. This is both for full start from shutdown, and waking from sleep mode. It take 5-10 minutes for them to work down to 5%-10% CPU usage.

The problem is that it is not one or two constant processes or programs; it is simply "always something" running to eat up CPU to 95%-100%. The main culprits are "local services, WMI Provider, updates, etc. It is a moving target. This is an issue because
    it makes internet browsing almost impossible for that first 5-10 minutes!

Is this normal? Or, is it simply that these two devices have very slow processors? (Intel Atom, N270 & N455: 1.6 Ghz & 1.67GHz. I have done all the "tips" out there to improve performance (too many to list), but again it is always some processes running
    to eat up the CPU.

Again, is this just the nature of Windows 10 Pro, or perhaps my devices are too under powered to handle running Windows 10?

bizwiz41, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

WIN 10 Pro - Build 2004 - Digital Audio & High CPU Usage Issues

1. WIN 10 Pro - Build 2004 - Digital Audio & High CPU Usage Issues - Similar Threads - Pro Build 2004

2. High cpu usage issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu usage issue: For the past week or so my cpu randomly goes to 100% usage and it causes my programs to freeze while that happens. The programs i found that are causing this is scvhost.exe and service host: state repository ... I dont know what to do to fix it so hopefully someone can help...
  3. High cpu usage issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High cpu usage issue: For the past week or so my cpu randomly goes to 100% usage and it causes my programs to freeze while that happens. The programs i found that are causing this is scvhost.exe and service host: state repository ... I dont know what to do to fix it so hopefully someone can help...
  4. High CPU usage from Windows Audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU usage from Windows Audio.: Hello, i have a very wierd problem. Somehow Service Host: Local Service Network Restricted Windows Audio is making my CPU go high 90%Everytime i end the process svchost.exe LocalServiceNetworkRestricted -p it returns to normal usage.I have tried updating, Asus...
  5. High CPU usage from Windows Audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU usage from Windows Audio.: Hello, i have a very wierd problem. Somehow Service Host: Local Service Network Restricted Windows Audio is making my CPU go high 90%Everytime i end the process svchost.exe LocalServiceNetworkRestricted -p it returns to normal usage.I have tried updating, Asus...
  6. High CPU usage at idle. Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage at idle. Win 10 Pro: I have encountered a problem with Windows 10 Pro version. My PC specifications are as follows :Intel i5-9400fPalit Geforce GTX 1060 6Gb16 Gb DDR4 RAM @ 3000MhzThe problem is that whenever I leave my PC to idle, after a few minutes, I hear the CPU fan spool up quite violently....
  7. Win 10 fresh installed high CPU usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 fresh installed high CPU usage.: Hey, I installed Win 10 fresh today and already got all my games and programs. Now when watching Twitch or nothing the CPU spikes all the time. 9bL6EBr.jpg 3840×1080 imgur.com w00FnOF.jpeg 3840×1080 imgur.com I dont know, maybe ur Edge is trash asf. And I think somehow...
  8. Win 10 Build 2004 issue with Realtek audio

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Build 2004 issue with Realtek audio: I upgraded my PC to build 2004. I found my realtek audio is not working at all. HDMI audio was working. But my speakers were not working. I reverted to my old build 1909 and audio started working. Is there any bug in build 2004? When will that get resolved?...
  9. High cpu usage chrome with 1080/60fps youtube video (win 10 2004)

in Browsers and Email
    High cpu usage chrome with 1080/60fps youtube video (win 10 2004): Hi, I have a (almost) 100% with full HD playback in chrome, with Edge circa 25%; it seems to me hardware accel is not working with chrome (and firefox) but its working with edge (the original one not the new one). Is there something I can do to make it work like Edge (no...
  10. Windows 10 -- high CPU usage is a real issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 -- high CPU usage is a real issue: Yesterday, I upgraded from Win 7 pro x64 to Win 10 pro x64. I have a "clean machine" without any traces of viruses or malware. My Win 7 PC ran flawlessly. My Win 7 PC used little or no CPU when it was not running programs. The new Win 10 is running 30 to 50% CPU when...