Windows 10: Win 10 Pro C:\$Recycle.Bin\ corrupted - Disk Cleanup cannot clean it

Discus and support Win 10 Pro C:\$Recycle.Bin\ corrupted - Disk Cleanup cannot clean it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently rolled back to Win 10 Pro version 1903 after installing Version 1909. Now Disk Cleanup does not clean System Folders, it starts and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pietercape, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Win 10 Pro C:\$Recycle.Bin\ corrupted - Disk Cleanup cannot clean it

I recently rolled back to Win 10 Pro version 1903 after installing Version 1909. Now Disk Cleanup does not clean System Folders, it starts and then quietly disappears. I suspect that the recycle bin us too big for it judging by the size of the WinSxS file which is >6GB.

I also use CCleaner Pro ver 5.64.7613 and it stutters when it get to the C:\$Recycle.Bin\ folder. This folder contains >30,000 files an I suppose this is just too much to delete in one go.

How can I fix this problem?

:)

Pietercape, Mar 5, 2020

2. Win 10 Pro C:\$Recycle.Bin\ corrupted - Disk Cleanup cannot clean it

I recently rolled back to Win 10 Pro version 1903 after installing Version 1909. Now Disk Cleanup does not clean System Folders, it starts and then quietly disappears. I suspect that the recycle bin us too big for it judging by the size of the WinSxS file
    which is >6GB.

I also use CCleaner Pro ver 5.64.7613 and it stutters when it get to the C:\$Recycle.Bin\ folder. This folder contains >30,000 files an I suppose this is just too much to delete in one go.

How can I fix this problem?

Pietercape, May 27, 2020
  3. JamesJoey Win User
    Disk Cleanup Not Cleaning Ext. HDD Recycle Bin

I ran disk cleanup and selected my external hdd and selected the recycle bin.
    After 10 minutes disk cleanup closed. But, the Recycle bin still has the files in it.
    I manually cleaned the recycle bin and it took 2 minutes.

Am I missing something with Disk Cleanup??

James

JamesJoey, May 27, 2020
  4. LUVSITE Win User

Win 10 Pro C:\$Recycle.Bin\ corrupted - Disk Cleanup cannot clean it

Recycle Bin in Windows Disk Cleanup

Every time I use the windows disk cleanup utility I have to check the recycle bin. Is there a way in Windows 10 to always have the recycle bin checked?

LUVSITE, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Pro C:\$Recycle.Bin\ corrupted - Disk Cleanup cannot clean it

1. Win 10 Pro C:\$Recycle.Bin\ corrupted - Disk Cleanup cannot clean it - Similar Threads - Pro $Recycle Bin

2. Cleaning the Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cleaning the Recycle Bin: I wanted to clean the Recycle Bin from System>Storage.But I found that it didn't clean anything form the Recycle Bins.I say Bins because I see a $RECYCLE.bin folder in all three of my drive. I then tried CCleaner and itdidn't clean either.I was, however, able to clean the...
  3. Cleaning the Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cleaning the Recycle Bin: I wanted to clean the Recycle Bin from System>Storage.But I found that it didn't clean anything form the Recycle Bins.I say Bins because I see a $RECYCLE.bin folder in all three of my drive. I then tried CCleaner and itdidn't clean either.I was, however, able to clean the...
  4. Win 10 Pro - Recycle Bin Properties Cannot be changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Pro - Recycle Bin Properties Cannot be changed: We have numerous users on a domain and their recycle bin properties are grayed out. It is set to delete immediately and we need to change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-recycle-bin-properties-cannot-be/a8e52fb9-dad0-4022-896e-6d711395a31c
  5. Win 10 Pro - Recycle Bin Properties Cannot be changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Pro - Recycle Bin Properties Cannot be changed: We have numerous users on a domain and their recycle bin properties are grayed out. It is set to delete immediately and we need to change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-recycle-bin-properties-cannot-be/a8e52fb9-dad0-4022-896e-6d711395a31c
  6. Win 10 Pro - Recycle Bin Properties Cannot be changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Corrupt Recycle Bin and cannot fix it.

Corrupt Recycle Bin and cannot fix it.: I was clearing out old files I no longer wanted, and it seems that Microsoft's Halo MCC's lurking files are trying to screw me over. "D:\>rd /s /q d:\$Recycle.bin...
  8. Recycle Bin on C Corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recycle Bin on C Corrupted: I went to turn on my computer windows 10 and the sign on screen looked weird no picture so I clicked where my password should go and the error message "The Recycle Bin on C:\ is corrupted Do you want to empty the recycle bin for this drive?" appeared...And I am now frozen in...
  9. Recycle Bin in Windows Disk Cleanup

Recycle Bin in Windows Disk Cleanup: Every time I use the windows disk cleanup utility I have to check the recycle bin. Is there a way in Windows 10 to always have the recycle bin checked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-in-windows-disk-cleanup/57bfcd76-24aa-4ba1-8213-0788a037840e"
  10. Disk Cleanup Not Cleaning Ext. HDD Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup Not Cleaning Ext. HDD Recycle Bin: I ran disk cleanup and selected my external hdd and selected the recycle bin. After 10 minutes disk cleanup closed. But, the Recycle bin still has the files in it. I manually cleaned the recycle bin and it took 2 minutes. Am I missing something with Disk Cleanup?? James...