Windows 10: Win 10 Pro Dell T3600 Won't Boot to Desktop, Goes To Advanced Recovery

Discus and support Win 10 Pro Dell T3600 Won't Boot to Desktop, Goes To Advanced Recovery in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Computer was running fine. Thought I would run a scan on my SSD drive. So I made the mistake of right clicking on my SSD drive with the Win 10 Pro OS,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FirstLast, Sep 13, 2018.

1. FirstLast Win User

Win 10 Pro Dell T3600 Won't Boot to Desktop, Goes To Advanced Recovery

Computer was running fine. Thought I would run a scan on my SSD drive. So I made the mistake of right clicking on my SSD drive with the Win 10 Pro OS, selecting properties, and then Scan. It immediately went into a scan and repair loop always ending at Automatic Repair screen.

I tried the normal tricks like bcdedit /set GUID recoveryenabled No but it stayed Yes anyways and wouldn't work on reboot. I eventually removed the right RAM module top break out of it and it now goes straight to Automatic Repair screen.

I did a chkdsk /r and after five hours it finished successfully, no problems found on disk. Did a sfc /scannow and it verified 100% finding no problems.

System Restore failed. So I ran a copy e:\windows\system32\config\RegBack\* e:\windows\system32\config as my Windows directory is on the e: drive. Copied find but on reboot straight back to Automatic Repair screen.

Ran bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    "Successfully scanned Windows installations. Total identified Windows installations: 0 The operation completed successfully."

Ran bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    "The operation completed successfully."

Ran bootrec.exe /fixboot
    "Access is denied."

I'd like to do an inplace upgrade but can't boot into Win 10 to run it. Any ideas?

:)

FirstLast, Sep 13, 2018
  2. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Win 10 Pro Dell T3600 Won't Boot to Desktop, Goes To Advanced Recovery [​IMG]

3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Win 10 Pro Dell T3600 Won't Boot to Desktop, Goes To Advanced Recovery [​IMG]

4. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Pro Dell T3600 Won't Boot to Desktop, Goes To Advanced Recovery - Similar Threads - Pro Dell T3600

2. win 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 won't boot: i tried sfc and wont work dism wont work bootrec same i tried the new thing called cloud download or local one both wont work windows was so slow i had to restart the windows and i was at start up / boot loop for more then 1 day...
  3. win 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 won't boot: win 10 won't boot. Message: "No bootable device Strike F1 to retry, F2 to enter setup, F5 to enter PSA: MS tech helped me yesterday when win wouldn't start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-wont-boot/f26ad556-1631-4979-b7a8-3df8102f8989
  4. Windows 10 install does not reconize my hardrives on a dell t3600

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install does not reconize my hardrives on a dell t3600: Trying to install windows 10 on a t3600. I have two seagate momentus thin drives hooked up on. In Bios the two hard drives come up in boot sequence menue ands in system configaration-drives. When I try to intall windows id does not show up in my list of drives to install...
  5. Windows 10 install does not reconize my hardrives on a dell t3600

Windows 10 install does not reconize my hardrives on a dell t3600: I am installing a fresh copy of windows 10 on a dell t3600 with two momentus slim drives but the intallation program does not reconize the hard drives. Please help this pc is for my son....
  6. Dell XPS 13 Won't boot from recovery drive.

Dell XPS 13 Won't boot from recovery drive.: My XPS 13 was stuck on the Dell icon when booting up. So I downloaded the recovery software on another laptop and made a boot drive using Dell's recovery software. I went in and disable secure boot mode and then selected the USB as the boot drive. Now it started up from the...
  7. Win 10 won't boot after screen goes grey.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 won't boot after screen goes grey.: Hi, I started the game today that lunch in window mode. When I tried to change it to full screen, everything went grey and after I reset the pc it won't boot properly. First I get "Prepering Automatic repair" then "Diagnosing screenshot of SrtTrail.txtyour PC" and after...
  8. Reinstall win 10 on dell desktop

Reinstall win 10 on dell desktop: I have a dell xps tower with intel 7 that came with Windows 10. I tried a full restore because some files are corrupted but it did not help. Can I download the windows 10 from microsoft to reinstall it and do I have to pay for it or not. Any help would be appreciated...
  9. Dell won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell won't boot: My dell inspirio 1545 wont boot up, operating system not found.. how do run a diagnostic text, or up grade to windowd 10 if i cant get pass this message an i dont have a usb recovery stik or dvd to use. Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, &...
  10. WIn 10 pro advance sales

in Windows 10 Support
    WIn 10 pro advance sales: I'm not really looking to install the "free' version of win 10 along with its CB updates method, but I would like to get my hands on the pro version and am willing to pay for it. I took advantage of Win 7 advance sales and snagged 2 copies of pro and 2 of HP on the cheap. Are...