Windows 10: (Win 10 Pro) Desktop icons moving randomly upon restart

Discus and support (Win 10 Pro) Desktop icons moving randomly upon restart in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every once in a while after being on sleep or restarted, my PC boots up and my desktop icons have moved in a seemingly random pattern from where I last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jdm_obsession, Jul 26, 2020.

1. (Win 10 Pro) Desktop icons moving randomly upon restart

Every once in a while after being on sleep or restarted, my PC boots up and my desktop icons have moved in a seemingly random pattern from where I last left them. It's super annoying because I have to re-arrange them every time. does anybody know what might be causing this or how to fix it? Using 2 monitors if that's any help.

submitted by /u/jdm_obsession
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jdm_obsession, Jul 26, 2020

2. Copied icons move back to main display upon restart

Hi Matt,

Since you're having issues with your icons moving back to the main display upon restarting your computer, we suggest that you visit this
    link and check for the troubleshooting steps provided by Deepika
    Gowda.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jul 26, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink (Win 10 Pro) Desktop icons moving randomly upon restart ;)

qubit, Jul 26, 2020
  4. JohnFyffe Win User

(Win 10 Pro) Desktop icons moving randomly upon restart

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

(Win 10 Pro) Desktop icons moving randomly upon restart

1. (Win 10 Pro) Desktop icons moving randomly upon restart - Similar Threads - Pro Desktop icons

2. Desktop Icons randomly moving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons randomly moving: Currently running Windows 11 22H2 22621.1702 OEM Retail Version.Saw this happening before in the Insider Editions, but am seeing this now in an OEM retail version of Windows 11 non-insider.I have Icons placed on both the far left and far right side of my Desktop. On occasion,...
  3. Desktop Icons randomly moving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons randomly moving: Currently running Windows 11 22H2 22621.1702 OEM Retail Version.Saw this happening before in the Insider Editions, but am seeing this now in an OEM retail version of Windows 11 non-insider.I have Icons placed on both the far left and far right side of my Desktop. On occasion,...
  4. Desktop icons move on Win 10

Desktop icons move on Win 10: I have several desktop icons about 4 that keep moving on my desktop. Auto arrange icons is unchecked and aligned to grid is checked. What else could be the issue? Thank you...
  5. Desktop icons move on Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons move on Win 10: I have several desktop icons about 4 that keep moving on my desktop. Auto arrange icons is unchecked and aligned to grid is checked. What else could be the issue? Thank you...
  6. Desktop icons move on Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Desktop icons keep moving after restart on win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons keep moving after restart on win 10: Hello 1 day ago i turned my pc on and i realized my icons are not the same as they are before. I use 2 monitors and some of icons are on one monitor some are on secondI dont know why or how it happend. I remember i updated my graphic driver and i think after that it started...
  8. Desktop icons keep moving after restart on win 10

Desktop icons keep moving after restart on win 10: Hello 1 day ago i turned my pc on and i realized my icons are not the same as they are before. I use 2 monitors and some of icons are on one monitor some are on secondI dont know why or how it happend. I remember i updated my graphic driver and i think after that it started...
  9. Desktop icons keep moving after restart on win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Win 10 Pro Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Pro Desktop Icons: How can Microsoft be informed that its Customers are not pleased to have Windows Updates upset Desktop Icons, when Updating. I had a major Update yesterday ( 1703 OS Build 15063.296) and today I find all of my Desktop Icons (100) mixed up everywhere, which is not only...