Windows 10: Win 10 Pro file history - different behavior on different computers

Discus and support Win 10 Pro file history - different behavior on different computers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On my little home network there is one computer designated for backup ("B") and two computers ("R" and "A") with frequently changing data to backup.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by robertrackl, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Win 10 Pro file history - different behavior on different computers

On my little home network there is one computer designated for backup ("B") and two computers ("R" and "A") with frequently changing data to backup. All computers run Win 10 Pro. I am particularly interested in having Office 365 Outlook pst files backed up. From R, the pst files are backed whether or not Outlook is running and has the pst files open (I believe this is called shadow copy behavior). From A, the pst files are only backed up when Outlook is not running. How can I have the shadow copy behavior also on A? - R is a desktop machine, A is a notebook (Lenovo Yoga 710), B is a desktop. R and B are on Ethernet, A is connected via WiFi.

:)

robertrackl, Jan 24, 2019
  2. A. User Win User

Win 10 Pro file history - different behavior on different computers

On my little home network there is one computer designated for backup ("B") and two computers ("R" and "A") with frequently changing data to backup. All computers run Win 10 Pro. I am particularly interested in having Office 365 Outlook pst files backed
    up. From R, the pst files are backed whether or not Outlook is running and has the pst files open (I believe this is called shadow copy behavior). From A, the pst files are only backed up when Outlook is not running. How can I have the shadow copy behavior
    also on A? - R is a desktop machine, A is a notebook (Lenovo Yoga 710), B is a desktop. R and B are on Ethernet, A is connected via WiFi.

A. User, Oct 10, 2019
  3. elarga Win User
    Can I copy File History Win 10 backup files to a different computer?

Can I copy File History Win 10 backup files to a different computer?

elarga, Oct 10, 2019
  4. A. User Win User

Hello Robert,

I know perfectly well the difference between System backup and history, and I still think what I wrote before is true for both.

Other experts will probably give you more information to help you

A. User, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 Pro file history - different behavior on different computers - Similar Threads - Pro file history

2. Windows 11 & Windows 10, File explorer shortcuts different behavior.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 & Windows 10, File explorer shortcuts different behavior.: Can somebody explain the difference of these two Windows 11 desktop shortcuts?A The one on the left can open multiple File explorer windows by simply double clicking on it multiple times.B The one on the right opens one File explorer window with the first double click and...
  3. How are different versions of files stored in File History?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How are different versions of files stored in File History?: File History is not working to recover files. Since I have several versions of the files backed up, I want to restrict this to only the latest versions so I can free up disk space. Is there a way to remove older backups without File History? File History does nothing. It...
  4. Activation of Win 10 pro transfer to a VM on a different computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of Win 10 pro transfer to a VM on a different computer.: J have just transferred the full contents including Win10 pro with a a valid product key from an old desktop which is being scrapped to a VM running on an external drive on a new iMac computer using Parallels. The transfer was successful and all runs exactly as I want except...
  5. Message "Select a different File History Drive"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Message "Select a different File History Drive": I've been getting the above message recently saying the the external drive I use is full, although my File History settings are that files should be kept until space is needed... Is there anything else I should do? Thanks....
  6. Different behavior with the same application under different Microsoft OS

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Different behavior with the same application under different Microsoft OS: Hello, Here's my setup: Pc with Windows 10 Enterprise version 2004, VMWARE Workstation Pro latest Version 15.5.5 Build 16285975, Visual studio 2019 MFC cpp. I've developed an app with Visual studio 2019 last version upppdated with MFC and C++. This app only says...
  7. Difference between File History and Backup and Restore

Difference between File History and Backup and Restore: I want a complete backup of my laptop. I want EVERY file to be backed up. Which option is better: File History OR Backup and Restore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between-file-history-and-backup-and/eb00ff8f-d696-4e1a-8851-2326a88eeecd
  8. Different behavior of applications on different PC's

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different behavior of applications on different PC's: Hi - I'm running Win 10, the same version on three PC's side-by side and very often I'm running into an issue of different behavior of Windows on different machines. Let me give you simple example: Different order of columns in the command window(Administrator): net user...
  9. Win 10 - Same login - different computers - different mouse settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 - Same login - different computers - different mouse settings: Good afternoon, I have Windows 10 on two computer with the same login profile. On one computer, I have a left handed mouse on it with the buttons switched. On my laptop, it has a normal touch pad. The issue is that my left button on my Desktop is switched so it is back to...
  10. Moving installed Win 10 to different computer?

Moving installed Win 10 to different computer?: I have two computers that both got free upgrades from 7 Ultimate to 10 Pro. Would it work to swap the hard drive from one to the other, then update drivers as needed? I've done that countless times with Windows 3.0 through XP. Haven't tried it with Vista and later. People...