Windows 10: Win 10 Pro install stuck at update

Discus and support Win 10 Pro install stuck at update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to install Win 10. It is stuck at checking for update. I have network cable and wifi, but it can't connect to check.[IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DelDeschamps, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Win 10 Pro install stuck at update

Trying to install Win 10. It is stuck at checking for update. I have network cable and wifi, but it can't connect to check.Win 10 Pro install stuck at update [​IMG]

:)

DelDeschamps, Aug 23, 2020

2. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Reloading - retrieving my installed WIN 10 PRO

Thanks for the quick and detail response. Just to make sure I understand your procedure, here are the steps I will do:

1. Download Win10586PESE-x64 v16.07.07 (new) ISO and burn to a DVD.

2. Place DVD in computer and power ON boot from DVD
    3. Run Macrium Reflect. Under the restore menu will be a utility to fix Windows startup problems. Try that utility to see if that restores booting to Windows 10
    4. When Windows startup utility finishes, remove DVD and power OFF computer
    5. Power ON and see if WIN 10 boots.
    6. If WIN 10 boots, check for normal operation, etc.
    7. If WIN 10 does not boot; re-install full WIN 7 disk image.
    8. Download and save Windows 10 ISO file tofolder on C:\ drive
    9. Down load and save:WinISO file on C:\ drive.
    10. Run and install WinISO according to http://www.winiso.com/support/tutorials/mount-iso-in-windows7.html" target="_blank" rel="noopener">
      [*]Run WinISO, open the Windows 10 ISO file stored on C:\. I assume there will be some type of BROWSE menu so you can select the Windows 10 ISO file?
      [*] Click "Mount" and a file menu of the files in the Windows 10 ISO file will appear.
      [*]Double click to Run setup.exe.from the WINDOWS 10 ISO file menu
      [*]This should upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 10 - This same procedure as the “Free” upgrade from WIN 7 PRO to WIN 10 PRO. When finished WIN 10 PRO will be installed and ALL WIN 7 PRO program files, drivers, printers and data files from WIN 7 PRO will be available for use. To be explicit this is an install of WIN 10 PRO and a “TRANSFER/ UPGRADE of WIN 7 PRO program files, drivers, printers and data files. This is NOT a CLEAN INSTALL of WIN 10 PRO

JUST WANT TO MAKE MAKE SURE I UNDERSTAND THE EXPECTED RESULTS

1. The newly created WIN 10 PRO install should activate based upon your previously activated upgrade. I assume the setup program will access some Microsoft data base and find my previous activation?

Please excuse the long list, but I find it better to ask questions now, rather than try to unwind some misunderstanding later.

I do appreciate your time and support!

Thanks

krazykat tenf, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Win 10 Pro install stuck at update

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Pro install stuck at update

1. Win 10 Pro install stuck at update - Similar Threads - Pro install stuck

2. Win 10 Pro install - No Update option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Pro install - No Update option: Hi,Have just used a DVD to install windows 10 Pro and it did install and boots up fine.Trouble is there is no option to Update in Control Panel.System only says 'Win 10 Pro' no version #.It is connected to net okay and everything else seems fine. Plenty of drive space How can...
  3. Win 10 Pro install - No Update option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Pro install - No Update option: Hi,Have just used a DVD to install windows 10 Pro and it did install and boots up fine.Trouble is there is no option to Update in Control Panel.System only says 'Win 10 Pro' no version #.It is connected to net okay and everything else seems fine. Plenty of drive space How can...
  4. Win 10 Pro install - No Update option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 10 Pro not updating

Win 10 Pro not updating: My Windows 10 Pro version 1909 did not install any updates for January. Windows Update says I am current, the logs says the last installed update was 12/31/2019. I did not receive any errors when checking for updates. Plenty of free drive space available. I find it hard...
  6. Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro Upgrade stuck

Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro Upgrade stuck: Hi - Trying to update Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro - using a full retail USB version of Win 10. Follow the instructions to boot from USB - typed in the Windows Key supplied - Chose the Upgrade keeping exisiting files option. Then get a message stating that update cannot be...
  7. Win 10 Pro 64 1809 to 1903 update stuck in endless install loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro 64 1809 to 1903 update stuck in endless install loop: Being in the slow ring, 1903 turned up on checking via Windows Update. I fresh installed 1809 a few months ago, don't particularly want to do that again with all the settings and software to sort. Have now installed 1903 at least 6 times, allegedly! Tried a basic stop and...
  8. Windows 10 1709 and 1809 stuck at 10% installation! Updates in Win 10 Pro X64 freezes!

Windows 10 1709 and 1809 stuck at 10% installation! Updates in Win 10 Pro X64 freezes!: I try to upgrade from 1709 to 1809 direct is that possible? But all fail and stuck, hang and freez the system every time i try to upgrade, to 1803 or 1809. It treat on updates and specialy cumulative updates my system like a virus. Any suggestion or help or information...
  9. Win 10 pro update

Win 10 pro update: Hi I installed latest Win 10 pro update 1803 successfully and now, on C drive, I can see a new folder called "Windows.old", about 4 gb in size besides "Windows" folder and another new called "Windows10Upgrade" My questions is: Can I delete the "Windows old" folder to make...
  10. Win 10 stuck in update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 stuck in update: Hi guys, yesterday noticed that win started to auto update. Today i wake up and win was stuck with the information 100% concluded. Dont disconnect computer. [img] What to do now. Thanks guys 56695