Windows 10: Win 10 Pro laptop stolen - anyway to get the licence key back?

Discus and support Win 10 Pro laptop stolen - anyway to get the licence key back? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop was stolen last night. I had upgraded my Win 10 Home to Pro using the internal upgrade option (around £100 I think). Is there anyway... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RobMarks2, Oct 18, 2019.

1. RobMarks2 Win User

Win 10 Pro laptop stolen - anyway to get the licence key back?

Hi,

My laptop was stolen last night. I had upgraded my Win 10 Home to Pro using the internal upgrade option (around £100 I think).

Is there anyway to reclaim my upgrade so I can upgrade my new laptop to from Home to Pro? Or do I have to buy a new licence?

:)

RobMarks2, Oct 18, 2019

2. Win 10 Licence Key

I purchased Win 10 Pro on line from the store, but no licence key number was received - just confirmation of payment etc

TrampSteamer, Oct 18, 2019
  3. upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro

I am having difficulty upgrade my laptop from Win 10 home to Win 10 pro because the Win 10 home licence is a digital licence and my new Win 10 pro licence is a new Product Key licence. I have no idea that they were different. The Win 10 Pro licence is
    a valid genuine key but i can not install it. What can i do?

JamesPorter1, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Vlado9455 Win User

Win 10 Pro licence

Hi guys,

I bought new Dell XPS 15 9550 which came with Win 10 Home edition but I have upgraded mine to Pro version. I was not very fortunate with my laptop and it goes back to Dell and they are sending a replacement. My question is, can I use this licence (Pro) on
    new computer? Is there going to be any problem?

I have read something about how to
    deactivate
    current Windows licence key but not sure if I need to do it.

Thank you in advance

Vlado9455, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 Pro laptop stolen - anyway to get the licence key back? - Similar Threads - Pro laptop stolen

2. My account has been stolen is there anyway to get it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account has been stolen is there anyway to get it back?: I recently had my account stolen and its email and phone number got changed so whenever I try to get it back via ''Microsoft Account Sign-in Helper'' it just says that that account does not exist, is there any way to get my account back, delete it or anything I'm worried what...
  3. My account has been stolen is there anyway to get it back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My account has been stolen is there anyway to get it back?: I recently had my account stolen and its email and phone number got changed so whenever I try to get it back via ''Microsoft Account Sign-in Helper'' it just says that that account does not exist, is there any way to get my account back, delete it or anything I'm worried what...
  4. My account has been stolen is there anyway to get it back?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Stolen Windows 10 PRO ESD licences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stolen Windows 10 PRO ESD licences: Recently bought 3 ESD licenses from an authorized reseller for my small business. They printed them out and put in a paper envelope, 2 weeks later I found out the envelope got stolen from my bag. I still have the keys they emailed them to me but I can't use them to activate...
  6. Stolen Windows 10 PRO ESD licences

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stolen Windows 10 PRO ESD licences: Recently bought 3 ESD licenses from an authorized reseller for my small business. They printed them out and put in a paper envelope, 2 weeks later I found out the envelope got stolen from my bag. I still have the keys they emailed them to me but I can't use them to activate...
  7. Stolen Windows 10 PRO ESD licences

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Win 10 pro licence type

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 pro licence type: Does anyone know the win 10 pro licence type Brytesoft sell? Trying to explain why paying $30 for something worth ~$200 is legal in some situations but not in others. I'm assuming it's OEM but of course it doesn't say on the site. submitted by /u/applesilla [link]...
  9. Transferring of Win 10 Pro licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring of Win 10 Pro licence: I bought a product key for Windows 10 Pro and used it. I then upgraded my PC. The new PC only had Win 10 Home and I want to transfer my licence to the new PC. I tried entering the Product Key and it did not want to accept it (the product key you entered didn't work. check...
  10. windows 10 pro licence key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro licence key: I had a hp elitebook with windows 8 licenced and downloaded the windows 10 pro upgrade which was free and as i understand with this it becomes a digital licence. Now that laptop has gone to pasture and i bought another laptop and used the same windows 10 which i downloaded...